DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MRP map stuffe (title pending)

Soap-

MRP MAP  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which Map Would You like to see next in the rotation?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2022 at 05:59 PM

4 hours ago, Kurtle said:

I think if the MRP community is able to show that it is worthy of all the work that a map update requires, then Garnet should oblige them.

I feel like this sentiment needs to be addressed, how does the "MRP community" prove themselves to be worthy enough for updates to the map/server? No other community or game that I know of makes the community have to "prove themselves" worthy of getting updates, I genuinely just do not understand why this is being a requirement for any map changes or updates.

3 hours ago, S0UL said:

we need to be worth even working on, and stop being dissatisfied with the updates we actually get. If we complain when he actually does update the server, hes not going to care enough to do it again.

Although this is true to an extent, I feel like people should be able to express dissatisfactions they have about the gameplay or map. Forcing people to stay quiet about issues just so Garnet will start noticing MRP again isn't the way to go in my opinion. Garnet needs to know the issues the server has or if people don't like changes he made with a recent update. This really shouldn't be seen as a "Community doesn't care about the work Garnet puts into the server" when people complain about certain aspects of the server, rather than feedback Garnet can use to his advantage.

• Agree 1
4 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

I feel like this sentiment needs to be addressed, how does the "MRP community" prove themselves to be worthy enough for updates to the map/server?

I feel to prove ourselves we need to stop complaining about what we actually get. Any time we get something , usually something we asked for, we complain about it. I agree that i wouldn't want  to update a server that complains when it gets updates. I understand they should give feedback, but the way we ask for something, get it, then get mad how we were given it seems to be part of the reason we aren't getting anything else.

Edited by S0UL

Shoooooot if I have anything to add, I think players are looking for an even split of CQC and Long Range combat. Right now, Omega is providing a better battlegrounds for long range combat, when heading to OBJs, and CQC in the actual OBJ. I think what would be nice is a nice long range OBJ to cater to that dynamic, but still have some CQC areas to mix it up.

Ion' know. I haven't been around in a bit. I only know rp_csdesert and omega.

Just now, S0UL said:

I feel to prove ourselves we need to stop complaining about what aw actually get. Any time we get something , usually something we asked for, we complain about it. I agree that i wouldn't want  to update a server that complains when it gets updates.

Can you list some specific examples of when this has happened where the community has complained about something we've asked for? Only times I personally can think of that happening is with maps. And to be fair with maps, they are a very complex thing to design/make so they are most likely going to have flaws people don't like about it. People should be able to get bored of maps as well, the fact there isn't a solid 3-4 month map rotation already in place with the amount of previous maps we've had in the past is kind of ridiculous imo. It's been stated at least 1-2 times that there would be a rotation in place, but that has yet to occur. Playing on the same map every day for months gets boring real quick, so if you're referring for players to stop complaining about maps it is not the way to go.

People should be able to dislike things Garnet adds to the server without repercussion, sometimes the things he adds just don't work out and while it's a shame, the community in it's entirety shouldn't be punished for it. It's really a hit or miss kind of thing you know, people won't know if they like it until they try it, and that is true for most things.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Key_ said:

Shoooooot if I have anything to add, I think players are looking for an even split of CQC and Long Range combat. Right now, Omega is providing a better battlegrounds for long range combat, when heading to OBJs, and CQC in the actual OBJ. I think what would be nice is a nice long range OBJ to cater to that dynamic, but still have some CQC areas to mix it up.

Ion' know. I haven't been around in a bit. I only know rp_csdesert and omega.

Honestly i agree, something like this would cater to the snipers, and the cqc players

2 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

Can you list some specific examples of when this has happened where the community has complained about something we've asked for? Only times I personally can think of that happening is with maps. And to be fair with maps, they are a very complex thing to design/make so they are most likely going to have flaws people don't like about it. People should be able to get bored of maps as well, the fact there isn't a solid 3-4 month map rotation already in place with the amount of previous maps we've had in the past is kind of ridiculous imo. It's been stated at least 1-2 times that there would be a rotation in place, but that has yet to occur. Playing on the same map every day for months gets boring real quick, so if you're referring for players to stop complaining about maps it is not the way to go.

People should be able to dislike things Garnet adds to the server without repercussion, sometimes the things he adds just don't work out and while it's a shame, the community in it's entirety shouldn't be punished for it. It's really a hit or miss kind of thing you know, people won't know if they like it until they try it, and that is true for most things.

I agree the maps do get a bit stale, but people need to understand garnet has a life and other servers to attend to other than here, and with us constantly asking MRP has become the little brother crying for a turn on the xbox.

16 minutes ago, S0UL said:

I agree the maps do get a bit stale, but people need to understand garnet has a life and other servers to attend to other than here, and with us constantly asking MRP has become the little brother crying for a turn on the xbox.

What? How has MRP become the little brother crying for a turn on the Xbox. It may have been like that in the past, but I feel as if recently MRP hasn't been asking for all that much compared to what StarwarsRP and Rust have been asking and getting. I mean the only changes people have asked for recently that needs Garnet's attention as far as I know that the majority of the community wants is some gun stat changes (Which he has an entire thread to go off of) and a map change to some place that isn't a desert. People really aren't asking much more than that lol.

There was that thread Fetn made about removing AFSOC/AAF and replacing it with some other SOC's, but that was obviously going to get denied anyways. Fetn himself said it was just an excuse to keep people in AFSOC/AAF from complaining about their factions getting completely removed.

I understand he has to spread himself out between sixteen different servers spanning across multiple game modes and games (he has spread himself out really thin lol), but people haven't really been asking for much lately as far as I can tell.

Edited by PrisonNightmare
  • Agree 1
1 minute ago, PrisonNightmare said:

What? How has MRP become the little brother crying for a turn on the Xbox. It may have been like that in the past, but I feel as if recently MRP hasn't been asking for all that much compared to what StarwarsRP and Rust have been getting. I mean the only changes people have asked for recently that needs Garnet's attention as far as I know that the majority of the community wants is some gun stat changes (Which he has an entire thread to go off of) and a map change to some place that isn't a desert. People really aren't asking much more than that lol.

The reason SWRP and Rust and getting things is because Garnet likes those communities, MRP is toxic, and if the trend stays, there will always be at least one person whining, even if we do get the weapon and map changes. Even if the map does change, in about 2-4 months another thread like this will be waiting to happen. The same thing will eventually happen with the weapon changes too.

• Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Cringe 1
1 minute ago, S0UL said:

The reason SWRP and Rust and getting things is because Garnet likes those communities, MRP is toxic, and if the trend stays, there will always be at least one person whining, even if we do get the weapon and map changes. Even if the map does change, in about 2-4 months another thread like this will be waiting to happen. The same thing will eventually happen with the weapon changes too.

So, MRP is toxic because the community wants to play on a new map every 3-4 months so the combat doesn't get stale? The MRP community is toxic because it wants the gun meta to be changed from the same meta it has been for at least over two years?

Yes the same thing will probably happen in the future, but it really shouldn't be labeled as a bad thing that the community wants change to keep the combat/server in general from being stale. These changes really don't take that much time to do, changing the map to something new really shouldn't have to be an ordeal for the community to go through every 6 months, same with getting weapon tweaks and changes.

To me this just sounds like the community wanting change from the same boring shit they play all day for months. This really should be considered anything but toxic in my opinion. In my opinion, it sounds like Garnet is just bored of working on MRP and wants to focus on other game modes that he is actually enjoying working on. Which is completely fine to do, nothing wrong with that. However, he really either should hand over the reigns to someone to make these monotonous/tedious changes that take some focus/time to do if he expects the server to continue doing well. If he doesn't, then we should all expect the player population to drop in the coming months.

Gonna leave it here cause we've gotten severely off topic from the thread, but I felt like all this needs to be said lol.

• Agree 3
6 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

So, MRP is toxic because the community wants to play on a new map every 3-4 months so the combat doesn't get stale? The MRP community is toxic because it wants the gun meta to be changed from the same meta it has been for at least over two years?

Yes the same thing will probably happen in the future, but it really shouldn't be labeled as a bad thing that the community wants change to keep the combat/server in general from being stale. These changes really don't take that much time to do, changing the map to something new really shouldn't have to be an ordeal for the community to go through every 6 months, same with getting weapon tweaks and changes.

To me this just sounds like the community wanting change from the same boring shit they play all day for months. This really should be considered anything but toxic in my opinion. In my opinion, it sounds like Garnet is just bored of working on MRP and wants to focus on other game modes that he is actually enjoying working on. Which is completely fine to do, nothing wrong with that. However, he really either should hand over the reigns to someone to make these monotonous/tedious changes that take some focus/time to do if he expects the server to continue doing well. If he doesn't, then we should all expect the player population to drop in the coming months.

Gonna leave it here cause we've gotten severely off topic from the thread, but I felt like all this needs to be said lol.

I agree we should leave this here, and I agree with your idea if him being bored of it. 

3 minutes ago, Abandoned said:

current map is dogshit cant wait for it be changed and maybe 2GA make a return.

People like you are the reason why the Execs think the entire community is like this.

This guy is the silent minority who from what it looks like based on his barely active forum account, is a DarkRP main. To anyone that reads the above and think the entire community is like this, just know the few people like him are what has tarnished the MRP community rep so much and MOST people who actually play the community aren't really like this.

• Like 1
  • Spicy 2
  • Agree 1

Just wanted to say that Prison has been spitting facts this entire thread and secondly,

SWRP is able to change the map at the request of myself/proggy any time we go to an event. So, I'm thinking, what if Theos or another Exec had the power to change the map every couple of weeks to whatever people wanted to see, and it was just left at that? I don't know if SWRP and MRP work differently, but I don't see why it would, so if it isn't I think that's a really good option. 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3
14 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Just wanted to say that Prison has been spitting facts this entire thread

Prison has definitely given me a good perspective on the side of having a map rotation become existent on MRP, interesting takes.

Idk, personally I think it just comes down to how long the individual has been playing MRP. If you've been playing MRP for awhile, shit is obviously more boring than someone who is new, thus you desire change from the norm.

I was introduced to MRP when I first started playing Garnet back in late 2016, and to this day I think it was the most fun I ever had playing on gaming community server. I believe that I just got bored because I had played MRP for so many hours and for so long that nothing really excited me anymore after awhile. When everything about MRP and the Garnet server was new and fresh just the concept alone of going on missions with other players and teaming up with different factions (during the 4 factions time period) to declare wars on your enemies was so fucking cool to me. MRP was what I was hoping the gamemode would be when I first started playing it: it acted like a Call of Duty campaign but you and your friends on the server created the story. I don't feel that same energy anymore, most likely because the whole MRP gamemode is not new to me anymore and I've seen almost every awesome situation play out, so I don't really care much about map changes and core changes to gameplay.

Edited by Jared Cox
  • Like 1