• StarWarsRP Administration Team

In-game name: VMO GCL SFC 1245 Bob

SteamID (https://steamid.io/):https://steamid.io/lookup/STEAM_0:1:148656167

Warns: none

Timezone: PST

Playtime?: 272 hours and increasing daily

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES]

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: [YES]

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Roberto, Mark, Conway

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] None, but everyone has to start somewhere

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I’ll be honest, I’m not experienced in GMing, however I am someone who can learn quickly and adapt quickly as well. I’ll be able to pick up the abilities needed to be a game master quickly and can dedicate a lot of time to it meaning I can help out and host events when there isn’t much going on so people may be more inclined to hop on throughout the day instead of only for off world event. I am also adaptable, so I can let players and ECs rp situations out and adapt to the outcomes letting things fall into their hands so they can have a lot more control of their experience.

There have been many instances of me sitting in TeamSpeak with a GM during down time and us talking about events, I have suggested a lot of unique event ideas that haven’t really been done before, and with the right tools I could also make them myself and let players experience some more in depth mini events past a basic droid assault on base (not that those are particularly bad, but they’re done a lot.)

All in all, I’m looking to create more engaging Rp and gameplay scenarios with players to get them more invested with the game and also give equal opportunity for Roleplay to other groups that don’t get the chance to that often.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: No

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I’m on for 4 hours each weekday and even more on the weekends 

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: The responsibilities of game masters are to provide engaging, fun, and unique experiences and challenges for players to face and overcome while they have fun doing it.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would provide lots of feedback and event ideas as well as being a very active Gm who can help when needed.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: making more open ended Rp and letting ECs and players do a lot of the roleplay on their own terms deciding how stuff goes.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

1. 91st gone missing! (Or ARC / RC)

The 91st were sent out on a silent infiltration mission to zeta. While out there, they’re ambushed by commandos and interrogated during the infiltration! The CIS tries to interrogate them for information but also steals their  gear.Comms contact is lost with them for awhile until finally they show up back at Anaxes base, but something doesn’t seem the same with them, in reality they’re Bx commando droids disguised as trusted clones sent in to extract data from the Brig’s terminal on their prisoner records. These stealthy commando droids must use utmost stealth to infiltrate and get to the brig and hack it without being noticed and leave the base undetected. 

If detected, the CIS will launch a brief attack on Anaxes to assist and distract the clones!

The clones must take back zeta as well and must negotiate for return of the captured clones. If negotiations fail then all armor is allowed and prepare for a battle.

if the records are successfully sent to the CIS, it could lead to an off world where the CIS have broken out lots of high security prisoners from Coruscant and the 34th must work together to contain or eliminate the escapees (the escapees would be a mix of a few ECs and NPCs).

Side note: this works if the 91st have like 5 people on max but ARCs or RC or 41st would work as replacements just fine 🙂

2. Dazed and in Danger

The 34th’s venator has been shot down, and from amidst the wreckage and smoke comes the soldiers of the 34th dazed confused and separated on a CIS world hostile to them. Worse yet, the comms system was disabled in the crash.

Groups of clones will be placed in different areas and must work together to their strengths to regroup with the rest of the army and finish the mission.

The issue is that on this planet there are shape shifting monsters, the venator attracted them and have decided to hide in amongst the dazed clones to kill them off silently.

Each group will encounter small forces of either militia, CIS, or wildlife that they must get through activate comms terminals placed throughout before regrouping to assault the CIS base as that was the original mission.

3. The Jedi Treasure Hunt

Over Anaxes a Jedi LAAT containing important Jedi Holocrons and artifacts is shot down! The items rained down across Anaxes and now the CIS are after them. The clones must assemble quickly and find the 5 locations of the artifacts and secure them before the CIS can find out what they are.

Location 1 - Village: the CIS have landed and have forced the civilians into their huts as captives. The clones sent here must kill the droids quickly and capture the item before the droids decide to have their way with the civilians and execute them. The droids are mainly b1s with some b2s

Location 2 - Zeta: No civilians here! But the CIS have set up a stronghold here including a large forces made up of b1s and b2s as infantry, commando droid snipers in the tower and on top of hangar, and 1 AAT in a hangar. The holocron has been placed inside the command room and a tactical droid is trying to study it.

Location 3 - Farm: a small force of droids is located here, no special droids and the holocron is in the farm fields and the droids are looking for it!

Location 4 - Crystal Caves: the droids here have been searching for awhile and set up some mining equipment, the holocron was actually taken into the room with the metal structure in it.

Location 5 - Aurek: the location of a holocron and the CIS’s main FOB on Anaxes. It’s covered in b1s and b2s outside and an AAT. 1 vulture droid on the landing pad. Inside Aurek it’s mainly composed of commando droids and in the side room in the left room is a tactical droid with the final holocron.

4. It’s Treason Then

The locals at Village and Farm have risen up! Angry with how they’re treated by the republic’s military, they decided to take matters into their own hands… no matter the cost.

The newly elected governor of the village, Basar Laan, is a militaristic fanatic and is tired of how they’ve been treated and how the republic always comes to save the day after the CIS show up. So it’s up to the Clones to do this the easy way… or the hard way.

Basra’s demands are simple but not easy: have the republic leave Anaxes base to them and never return. 

The governor is stubborn, but it is possible to convince him if you say the right things or pay enough money.

If the governor is somehow convinced then the situation will de-escalate.

However, if things turn hostile the villagers will fight fiercely, but the more pacifist among them will not be armed and will be in the houses as civilians.

If civilians are killed the governor will send out a comms signal and request help from the CIS who will send in troops, eager to take any advantage to hit the republic.

5. The Deal will be Done

A banking clan representative comes to discuss a trade deal with the soldiers at Anaxes. With him he brings 1 droid (either an astromech or a mouse droid) that goes around base and secretly plants explosives. The banking clan member demands to discuss the terms of the deal in NCC with navy about the passage of spice cargo through their air space as well as the passage of droid parts to be taken to a construction shipyard several jumps away.

Assuming this outrageous deal is denied the member will leave in their shuttle but have the droid remain there secretly. Once the member leaves they will comms in that the republic should re-think the deal or else the bombs will go off. EOD has to work fast and if the bombs go off before fixed or an EOD fails then those nearby will have shrapnel wounds requiring medical assistance.

Then the banking clan will have droids drop outside to try and attack.

If the bomb droid is captured then it will reveal the passcode to disarm all the bombs as well as the location of a droid manufacturing plant which can lead to an off world event where the clones have to blow up the plant so the droids will stop attacking them.

Edited by Bobert3
  • Like 2

+1  This guy knows how to rp super well and is one of the nicest people you could probably interact with. Also, I don't doubt that Bob could end up outperforming most of the current applicants, and maybe even the GM team as a whole, just going off of his activity, etiquette, and maturity on the server. Bear in mind, that judgement is before even taking into account the application itself which is creative but also displays a lot of effort and care which others have mentioned indirectly/directly above.
THIS IS A EASY DECISION

Edited by Jackal