DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

hitmarkers

b1P0Lar

Description: [adding a hitmarker or hitsound. and for those who dont like them there should be a sort of toggle on/off.]

Reasoning: [Although this has already been brought up before and denied i still think there should be some indication of whether you hit or not especially for the new players.
 I've been trainirng lots of recruits and mentoring them during war and every single recruit has complained about the uncertainty of whether they were even doing any damage.
 and 75% of those recruits last one or two wars before dipping and never coming back. even if the hit reg is wildly inaccurate adding the sense of satisfaction knowing you hit someone can acctract most of the new player to stay.
 and even for the veteran players this feature would be refreshing so pls consider. also there was the issue of sticking to the realisitc aspect of mrp, and honestly i dont think this feature would take away from that or degrade it.
  also the small scale nature of the map i feel would be complemented by the addition of hitmarkers similar to the battlefield games. and if realism was really a prioroty then youd also have to fix the unrealistic movement and add inertia,
 remove unlimited sprint, fix that double jump gimick ,and turn on friendly fire]

Just food for thought thats all
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

The main issue is a hitmarker system that is server-sided so it actually matches damage being done and not just blood, that also doesn't cause unnecessary lag to players. Last time I brought this up to Garnet he mentioned those exact concerns so the conversation didn't go any further.