Kurtle

In-game name:Tali RAC SFC Cute
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:37333765 
Warns: 4
Timezone: EST
Playtime? (Paste your /playtime [Name]): STEAM_0:1:37333765
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes 
Referral(s): [What Gamemaster recommended you to apply?] NDB, Horse, Fetn, Statiic
Past experiences as a Game Master: I was a GM previously on GG MRP last year for roughly 7 months. 

Why should we choose you over other applicants? 
    My proximity to the GM team and the server: Firstly, I have held the GM position before. I believe my ability to create enjoyable RP events for everyone is very apparent, especially when you ask people who have participated in them. I know the people on the GM team decently well, and I believe I would work with them excellently as a team. I have seen many iterations of the GM system and would love to help offer solutions towards creating a more perfect system.  I have been staff on MRP before, as well as many other servers, leading to a large knowledge base on many staffing and GM tools, which would allow me to utilize them to their utmost ability. I understand the importance of preventing the abuse of these tools, and recognize the consequences as well. I know exactly when to flip the switch between joking around and being serious, and I think I can strike a proper balance to make events truly entertaining for the people in them.

Me as a player: One of my qualities which I believe is most important is my tendency to want to improve as much as I can. I constantly look back at my actions and wonder if I could have handled them better. Going along with this, I believe taking feedback is massively important, and is something I have always been okay with. If a GM can’t take feedback seriously on their events, they have no place being in any position of power over other people’s enjoyment of the server. The importance I place on this as a GM is of the highest standard. I invest myself in real world situations, and would provide informative and fun events, while delivering players storylines of battles they may have never heard of. I am always an enlisted advocate, and believe that I can host events that will cater towards both what newer enlisted want, and more experienced players want. In the past on MRP, there has always been a discussion on whether RP or OOC events are more wanted. Due to my immense experience, I can easily provide either of these depending on what the server feels is necessary(although I prefer doing RP most of the time). While I often give players events that emphasize free choices, sometimes players don't really care that much. In that case, I can redefine the events, and make them easy for anyone, even if they aren't invested in the RP.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: N/A

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Almost every day after school from 3 PM to 12 AM EST.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: A Gamemasters job is to provide enjoyable RP experiences for all players, by adding a nuanced type of content that cant easily be replicated in any other game, and giving the atmosphere of MRP a more militaristic feel.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would contribute to the overall RP atmosphere of the server by hosting entry level RP events, as well as RP trainings that give new players a sense of RP, as well as increasing the sense of specialization in RP events(IE players having special roles within RP events instead of just shooting NPCS.) My events rely strongly on player choice, and as you will see below, the specifics of my event can change completely based on how players react to it.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas designed for only your side to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation] 

Operation Mud and Blood- A scientist in charge of creating bioweapons has unknowingly released a deadly toxin into the AA area. In order to clear the toxin, players must suit up into special hazmat suits and destroy chemical barrels. Meanwhile, a PMC group catches wind of the chemical leak and decides to collect the material and sell it to foreign contacts for weapons. The players of the event must defeat the PMC group and clear the toxins or else both will take over and kill them.

Operation Hole in the Wall- A rogue Taliban insurgent holes up in a building with explosives, demanding money and free passage out or he will explode the building. This event can end in a few different ways
- They breach the building, kill the insurgent and disarm the bomb
- Talk to the soldier in RP and calm him down
If they RP properly, they will be able to learn that the insurgent was contracted by the US to blow a building up, which can lead to further missions. One of which is listed below.

Operation Snake Eye- The insurgent, assuming he is still alive, will meet up with US operatives again to negotiate another attack on the Taliban. If RPd properly, the Taliban operatives will kill or take the US hostage, and try to extract information out of him. The Taliban must hold off waves of US operatives (NPCS), in order to get the information. This information will tell of a US detachment in the Cons area. After clearing it, they can choose to tell the actual US of the illegal operation that was happening there.

Operation Special Delivery- A routine weapons deal goes awry when illegal stowaways are captured in the trucks. The Taliban on scene must capture the stowaways and learn of their origins. This will lead them on a paper trail to a secret bunker tasked with infiltrating the armies of Tali and US and learning their secrets. They can either conscript the group to work against the US for information, or wipe them off the map.

Operation Combover- Catching wind of a highly advanced operations cell in the area, the Taliban must dispatch patrol units and comb through the entire map. Upon spotting it, they must not be seen by the cell, and should dispatch their forces. If the cell is not cleared within a certain number of seconds, they will escape and the Taliban receive nothing. If they clear it in time, they will be able to discover hard drives of info on future developments. giving them tactical advantages in future fights.

Please list and explain 3 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

Operation Cold Winter- As a result of the halt of the war in Ukraine, Russian contacts are looking to spread their influence globally by inciting panics between powers like the one here. The Russian contact and his troop will establish a FOB available for anyone to visit. The arrival of the contact will be followed by increased clashes in the area between local forces and contracted military personnel who aren’t Russian. The US and Tali must form a truce in order to investigate the disturbance caused by the Contact. This can end in a few different ways.
- US and Tali cooperate and drive the Contact out in a bloody confrontation, but the Russians have a bitter taste in their mouth, and may be more hostile towards both factions in the future.
- The US betray Tali, and attempt to reason with the Russian, causing the RU and US to have a good relationship, and the Tali get overwhelmed.
- Tali gains the favor of the Russian, and attempts to ambush the US and weaken their supply lines.
Each of these endings(and more secret endings) will be impacted by each faction’s relationship with the contact (If they do tasks and are friendly, they are more likely to get help)

Operation Exile: A disgraced US soldier comes to the Taliban looking for help to get revenge on the US. He is willing to leak information to the Tali in exchange for protection. This event can end prematurely if he is killed, so trust is super important. The soldier becomes a puppet of the Tali, and they can have him act in whichever way they choose. Players effectively have unlimited choice in this event, but some examples of the scenarios may be:
- The soldier acts as a spy, and feeds info to the Tali.
- The soldier can convert to Islam, and become a martyr for their cause.
- The soldier is not treated well by Tali, and turns back to the US.
- The soldier can set up a rescue mission turned ambush.

Operation Meddy Beddy: A religious figure of the Taliban is gravely injured, and the Taliban do not have the facilities to heal him. They take him to a local hospital and must negotiate with the US to have him healed properly. 
- The US can see this as a point of leverage, and take advantage of the poor state of the Taliban. 
- The Taliban are willing to sacrifice themselves for the leader, and will do whatever it takes to get him healed, going as far as to take the hospital workers hostage.

Edited by Kurtle
  • Like 4