DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Basecamp Rules

Sinwaith

I feel we should reintroduce/enforce a rule already in the additional MRP rules listed below. 

That being the following

Being within render distance of the enemy base with more than 4 minutes left in war is considered basecamping and will result in a basecamp warn.

I am not a Tali main but it is painful to attempt to help them when they are posted up in view of Tali base throwing rockets at the wall. Especially when there are few or no Tali on with access to vehicles. This was the solution before for the prior version of this map and it should be again for maps as big as this. 

https://streamable.com/wtf7qy

• Agree 1
  • StarWarsRP Management Team

It'll just force the US basecampers back about 10 feet so they are no longer rendering the base. I publicly stated the rule may change if basecamping is a serious issue depite attempts being made to reduce it.

Meaning if players aren't trying to use vehicles, and aren't trying to use other flanking routes to the Objective, a change to the basecamp rule won't actually fix anything, players will just die 10 feet outside their base instead of the moment they step out.

We had a Staff meeting last night, and whilst someone asked about the rule, not one of the Staff team present told me it was a serious issue. Also it's worth noting this map is 3 days old now, and players behaviours change as they get used to the map, and that applies to both sides.

• Informative 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

To clarify, the rule is not currently enforced because it’s no longer valid. Look at Jake’s comment beneath my rules: https://garnetgaming.net/forums/index.php?/topic/12559-mrp-additional-rules-08162021/&do=findComment&comment=148637

In regards to re-introducing the rule, there are a couple reasons why I feel it would be a bad idea or insignificant. As Theos stated the render rule just allows you another 10-25 steps outside base before it’s open season. Not really preventing basecamp, just delaying it.

People who have been around me long enough know that I feel rendering the enemy base actually gives the people in the base an advantage. Because that means they can see you from the safety of their base and walls. If people aren’t too prideful to become wall warriors for a minute or two, the people basecamping will get picked off or are forced to hide/retreat.

Also, with Garnet reducing vehicle cooldowns by circa 75%, officers should be using vehicles nearly every single life. It’s basically a free pass to getting to every objective and are borderline OP in doing so.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3