DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

WEAPON CHANGES MegaThread

With the new tickrate the weapons have changed. The Megathread that @NutterMade kinda got clogged up from the old tickrate fixes. So please put your input here!

Pistol:

Sub-Machine Gun:

Assault Rifle:

Battle Rifle:

Designated Marksman Rifle:

Sniper Rifle:

Light Machine Gun:

Explosives:

Melee/General: 

Example of form correctly used for partial suggestion: 

Pistol: Increase damage output from an average of 20-25 to 32,37. Lower distance accuracy, and increase recoil severely as to promote the use of pistols in a realistic manner in short-range engagements.

Assault Rifle: Reduce RNG 'Spread' by roughly 10% and increase recoil by 15% as a tradeoff, thus making the weapon more dependent on skill versus on random spread patterns.

• Agree 1

Pistol: they are fine but make MR96 1 tap again

Sub-Machine Gun: Reduce spread by 30% on all SMGs and raise recoil by quite a bit to make it a cqc weapon. (also the vector isnt like any other smg stat wise so i would make it be similar to the rest.)

Assault Rifle: reduce spread by 5% on all ARs other then the aek and decrease the aeks spread by 20%. increase the recoil until it feels balanced. Also decrease fire rate slightly to make it more controllable.

Battle Rifle: I would like for their spread to be decreased to 20% and make the FN fal shoot a bit faster. 

Designated Marksman Rifle: These take lots of skill to use and I think they are good where they are at. 

Sniper Rifle: They are fine

Light Machine Gun: Increase recoil by 15% and decrease the spread per shot to 5%.

Explosives: I dont see anything wrong with them right now. It is very annoying to be killed by them though.

Melee/General: I don't really use them but I guess they are fine. 

I am not very smart with the gun stats but this is my opinion, but anything will work as long as the combat feels fresh and new. 

I'm unsure if this is the correct thread to suggest this, but I feel like the standard US Soldier should also be equipped with the M4 SOPMOD. It makes no sense that the Drill Instructor has a more effective weapon than the standard soldier because it's a non-combat role. The standard AR-15 really is only useful for extremely close range. That, and the fact the US Demolitions has an M60 rather than something like an M249 SAW is very confusing to me. The medic (support) also needs some sort of primary weapon or nobody will play it. Even an SMG would be preferable to just a pistol, like they currently have.

Also, I think there needs to be more weapons to buy permanently, like, hell, I'd buy some perma items if there were items I was genuinely interested in, like the Honey Badger for example.

Edited by CorndogCrusader
Added the Demolitions and Support bit.
  • Disagree 2
23 hours ago, CorndogCrusader said:

I'm unsure if this is the correct thread to suggest this, but I feel like the standard US Soldier should also be equipped with the M4 SOPMOD. It makes no sense that the Drill Instructor has a more effective weapon than the standard soldier because it's a non-combat role. The standard AR-15 really is only useful for extremely close range. That, and the fact the US Demolitions has an M60 rather than something like an M249 SAW is very confusing to me. The medic (support) also needs some sort of primary weapon or nobody will play it. Even an SMG would be preferable to just a pistol, like they currently have.

Also, I think there needs to be more weapons to buy permanently, like, hell, I'd buy some perma items if there were items I was genuinely interested in, like the Honey Badger for example.

Hello, 

The M4SOPMOD is a far superior weapon. DS has it for the Minges. The Rangers and 11A Officers have them as they have earned them. 

Support will not get a primary weapon as your job is to take care of fellow teammates. M60 is more of an Army Weapon and The SAW is more of a marines thing.. But please make a forums post somewhere else. And I bet you will get more feedback as this is for Weapon Stat changes mainly!  

3 hours ago, SirSmity said:

Hello, 

The M4SOPMOD is a far superior weapon. DS has it for the Minges. The Rangers and 11A Officers have them as they have earned them. 

Support will not get a primary weapon as your job is to take care of fellow teammates. M60 is more of an Army Weapon and The SAW is more of a marines thing.. But please make a forums post somewhere else. And I bet you will get more feedback as this is for Weapon Stat changes mainly!  

Eh, I disagree on that, but fair enough. I wasn't really sure if this thread was the right place, but I couldn't really find the best place for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...