DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Merrick ~ Moderator Application

Merk

• DarkRP Management Team

In-game name: Merrickk

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:537913363

Warns: No Warns-

Timezone: This can be dependent on the season, and time of year. Either GMT +2 or GMT -4

Playtime?: 532 Hours, 30 minutes.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yas

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yas

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] lmay

Past experiences as staff: I have had various experiences, throughout the past several years in a position of authority in online circles, communities, and the like- These experiences have been anything from Discord server moderation to online forum administration. In direct specifics of Garry’s Mod, I developed two servers independently between 2018 & 2020. With a small team, we managed to keep these servers afloat for roughly six months, each. During that time, I was the overseer of both developmental and administrative activities on these servers. These servers, unfortunately, could not sustain themselves due to the existing giants & lack of players seeking a new experience in a small community. (One TTT server, One JailBreak)

Why should we choose you over other applicants? Over these past years, I have found myself frequenting GarnetGaming whenever I play Garry’s Mod, both for the significance of its community & for its longevity. I feel that my history with this server, and with this community is one of the things that draws me to want to help out in moderating the server whenever I have free time.

This, however, is not my only reason for applying to join the staff roster; oftentimes I will join the server in the hours where the players are scarce, and staff is more so. Generally, these times are seen as opportune from the eyes of rulebreakers & minges; I would like to be able to aid in preventing these insurrections wherever possible, and joining the staff team seems to be the best place to begin. 

Regarding myself, I do my best to maintain a calm & mature nature at all times; not solely restricted to in-game communications & interactions, but whenever I engage with others, regardless of setting & environment. I believe that these qualities are immeasurably important when choosing an applicant to promote into your staff team; In choosing me, I can assure you that these qualities will not only be displayed, but embodied as an example to others who intend to follow along behind me. 

In reflection, you should choose me as the next member of your staff circle for the welfare of our server, our players, & our overall morale. I would love to see Garnet Gaming be improved by my efforts, even if my impact is limited to only a few players/scenarios. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? Never-

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: None-

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Conditionally, 4 or 5 hours. (Often when the server is slow, & rulebreakers are commonplace.)

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I am a mediocre artist, digital designer. I love to create things & to understand how things work. I upkeep & maintain 6 different PCs in my room that all serve different functions; I also maintain three 3D Printers. (One SLA, two FDM.) I like cars, I am currently working on a project car & maintaining my daily driver. c: (Add me on steam if you want to talk 3DP or Carsss) 

Did you read the staff rules?: Merrickk 

Edited by Merrick
  • Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Winner 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

+1

An absolutely perfect application. You have a huge number of hours on the server which show a genuine commitment to the community, with no prior bans or current warns. Everything you have said about your reasons for becoming staff is awesome. Even the manor in which you convey yourself is noteworthy. I've never had any bad interactions with you either, even if we haven't spent much time chatting in-game.

Overall, I think you'd be a good addition to the staff team in my opinion and from your application, and so I wish you the best of luck 😃

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Application is extremely well written.
  • Seen you and your bases/hobo-builds ingame, very impressive builds and reflects perfectly with the hobbies you have listed on your application.
  • Amazing playtime, no punishments in 500+ hours of gameplay is very impressive and once again reflects your maturity.

Very big +1
Edited by lmay
7 hours ago, lmay said:
  • Application is extremely well written.
  • Seen you and your bases/hobo-builds ingame, very impressive builds and reflects perfectly with the hobbies you have listed on your application.
  • Amazing playtime, no punishments in 500+ hours of gameplay is very impressive and once again reflects your maturity.

Very big +1

+1

Honestly, after Fetn's response id rather get to know you. I have seen you too little to form a proper opinion on if you'd benefit the staffing environment. 

Neutral

Edited by VeraFlyOfficial
change of opinion
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 1

On 5/2/2022 at 3:17 AM, Merrick said:

Over these past years, I have found myself frequenting GarnetGaming whenever I play Garry’s Mod, both for the significance of its community & for its longevity.

filler

. I feel that my history with this server, and with this community is one of the things that draws me to want to help out in moderating the server whenever I have free time.

i mean doesn't really make you shine out on others so sorta filler

This, however,

this however, * 

This, however, is not my only reason for applying to join the staff roster;

filler

oftentimes I will join the server in the hours where the players are scarce, and staff is more so.

just say you get on during low pop and stop using fancy shit

Generally, these times are seen as opportune from the eyes of rulebreakers & minges;

well kinda filler man but just its low pop so of course it is... 

I would like to be able to aid in preventing these insurrections wherever possible, and joining the staff team seems to be the best place to begin. 

Yeah but this doesnt make you shine from others.

Regarding myself, I do my best to maintain a calm & mature nature at all times; not solely restricted to in-game communications & interactions, but whenever I engage with others, regardless of setting & environment. I believe that these qualities are immeasurably important when choosing an applicant to promote into your staff team; In choosing me, I can assure you that these qualities will not only be displayed, but embodied as an example to others who intend to follow along behind me. 

You used big words to try an over achieve but this paragraph just is sorta useless and doesn't make you shine man all I gotta say

In reflection, you should choose me as the next member of your staff circle for the welfare of our server, our players, & our overall morale. I would love to see Garnet Gaming be improved by my efforts, even if my impact is limited to only a few players/scenarios. 

sorta filler

Overall your paragraphs used big words when not needed and just overused. You are very ordinary and I believe you could use some guidance on making your paragraphs more simple. I haven't seen you much but your paragraphs are... questionable. 

I also have never seen you in my life. like at all. so.

-1 for now not gonna change my response good luck.

Edited by Fetn
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Haha 2
  • Winner 1

Accepted

Welcome to the staff team!

Do not use any commands or switch to staff on duty until you receive training by a Lead Mod+ and feel free to contact an Admin+ if you are having issues finding one!

Please contact a manager+ ingame to receive your rank.

• Winner 1