DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Some Much Needed Changes (At Least, In My Opinion)

I feel like the standard US Soldier should also be equipped with the M4 SOPMOD. It makes no sense that the Drill Instructor has a more effective weapon than the standard soldier because it's a non-combat role. The standard AR-15 really is only useful for extremely close range. I posted about this in the weapon changes mega-thread, and I'm reposting it here because that was the wrong place to post this. I was told that the DI gets the M4 SOPMOD because it allows them to deal with the minges, but I don't feel like that's really a good justification. The AR-15 works fine enough for dealing with minges, and even if not, where's the harm in having the US Soldier and the DI have the same weapon?

Also, the fact the US Demolitions has an M60 rather than something like an M249 SAW is very confusing to me. I was told that the M249 SAW is more of a Marines thing, which is incorrect as far as I know. I did some research, and the M249 is the STANDARD LMG for the US Military. Even if it was a "Marines" thing, the Marines get new equipment after everyone else, so that logic doesn't really make sense. Surely that means that if the Marines have it, the Army guys do too?

The Medic (Support) also needs some sort of primary weapon or nobody will play it. Even an SMG would be preferable to just a pistol, like they currently have. I was told it's because the Support class is... well, meant to heal and be support, but even so, if a Medic only has a pistol, they are completely useless if they ever need to defend themselves. You can see it in the server. NOBODY plays Support, and wars suffer because of it. Yes, it makes sense that the Support would have a smaller weapon, but a pistol is too small, piddly and weak. They might as well have no weapon at all.

Also, I think there needs to be more weapons to buy permanently, like, hell, I'd buy some permanent items if there were items I was genuinely interested in, like the Honey Badger for example. I tried that weapon with credits and it was really good, I was doing a lot better with it.

I look forward to hearing other opinions, I just feel like these changes would make it much more pleasant to be in the regular US Army. It means that people won't be immediately rushing to join something else like GB or DF. The moment I found out that the STANDARD Green Beret gets a SCAR-L, I was immediately more interested in joining them, rather than sticking with Army, because the equipment the Army has is not good at all.

9 hours ago, CorndogCrusader said:

I feel like the standard US Soldier should also be equipped with the M4 SOPMOD. It makes no sense that the Drill Instructor has a more effective weapon than the standard soldier because it's a non-combat role. The standard AR-15 really is only useful for extremely close range. I posted about this in the weapon changes mega-thread, and I'm reposting it here because that was the wrong place to post this. I was told that the DI gets the M4 SOPMOD because it allows them to deal with the minges, but I don't feel like that's really a good justification. The AR-15 works fine enough for dealing with minges, and even if not, where's the harm in having the US Soldier and the DI have the same weapon?

Sure, don't really see an issue with this.

Also, the fact the US Demolitions has an M60 rather than something like an M249 SAW is very confusing to me. I was told that the M249 SAW is more of a Marines thing, which is incorrect as far as I know. I did some research, and the M249 is the STANDARD LMG for the US Military. Even if it was a "Marines" thing, the Marines get new equipment after everyone else, so that logic doesn't really make sense. Surely that means that if the Marines have it, the Army guys do too?

Don't know if the M249 exists in CW 2.0 in general, much less content packs Garnet uses. Doesn't seem super necessary.

The Medic (Support) also needs some sort of primary weapon or nobody will play it. Even an SMG would be preferable to just a pistol, like they currently have. I was told it's because the Support class is... well, meant to heal and be support, but even so, if a Medic only has a pistol, they are completely useless if they ever need to defend themselves. You can see it in the server. NOBODY plays Support, and wars suffer because of it. Yes, it makes sense that the Support would have a smaller weapon, but a pistol is too small, piddly and weak. They might as well have no weapon at all.

This used to be a thing, they had SMG's. No one played any other base class because of how good it was. A medkit is super powerful and basically functions as extra lives if used properly. I don't think this will happen. This was before the defib was added as well.

10 hours ago, CorndogCrusader said:

Also, I think there needs to be more weapons to buy permanently, like, hell, I'd buy some permanent items if there were items I was genuinely interested in, like the Honey Badger for example. I tried that weapon with credits and it was really good, I was doing a lot better with it.

I agree with more donor content in general, but that would mean more content packs/gun balancing. Specific suggestions need to be made with preferably stats for each gun to make it easy on Garnet/Management.

1 hour ago, PraetorDon said:

No one played any other base class because of how good it was. A medkit is super powerful and basically functions as extra lives if used properly. I don't think this will happen. This was before the defib was added as well.

I think that nerf could theoretically be retuned due to how things shake out with donator weapons/support abuse.

I can use Mosin and a medkit, with AEK, with FMG, etc etc etc, but the non-donated players cannot. I don't think this should be allowed so I am excited for Garnet's idea on the medic role being removed and replaced with Bandaid/medkit crafting. But  I would probably say if that change doesn't come to pass, giving support classes a better alternative to just the pistol would be pretty good so long as the weapon is tuned for a defensive playstyle rather than offensive stat wise.

A few things with your "SOPMOD for Soldier" idea,
A. if US soldier gets a better gun, what about the AK on tali fighter?
B. If the SOPMOD does get added, it will be the 4th class (Not including the similar M4 203) with the gun. Where is the gun variety?
For a BASE FACTION, the AR-15 is a reasonably good gun, especially when compared to the tail AK
(Check the Gun Stats spreadsheet for exact stats)

I definitely like the Medic WL idea though, +1 for that (Maybe give the shit UMP for Medic???)

Edited by ShinyAtlas
4 hours ago, PraetorDon said:

Don't know if the M249 exists in CW 2.0 in general, much less content packs Garnet uses. Doesn't seem super necessary.

I did check, and the M249 is in the CW 2.0 weapon pack. I think it would be on the server theoretically but I could be wrong. It's definitely in CW 2.0 though, I checked in singleplayer.

This used to be a thing, they had SMG's. No one played any other base class because of how good it was. A medkit is super powerful and basically functions as extra lives if used properly. I don't think this will happen. This was before the defib was added as well.

I understand that. I would honestly play Support more if I had a decent primary weapon. Like, yeah, I could buy a dono weapon, but that seems like a scummy way to run things in my opinion.

A. if US soldier gets a better gun, what about the AK on tali fighter?
B. If the SOPMOD does get added, it will be the 4th class (Not including the similar M4 203) with the gun. Where is the gun variety?
For a BASE FACTION, the AR-15 is a reasonably good gun, especially when compared to the tail AK

A: I can't really speak to the AK on Tali side, I haven't used it much. I just find that the AR-15 tends to be quite irritating to use because of the insane recoil. An AR-15 does not recoil that much. xD
B: To be honest, gun variety isn't something I'm SUPER worried about. Maybe I'm in the minority. I just hate using the AR-15 whenever I'm on there, and I find that a lot of people I talk to do as well. My main gripe with it is the absolutely INSANE amount of recoil. An AR-15 does not kick THAT much.

11 hours ago, PraetorDon said:

Don't know if the M249 exists in CW 2.0 in general, much less content packs Garnet uses. Doesn't seem super necessary

It does. AFSOC had it, I liked it but not everyone did. I don't really know how it compared to the M60 though

1. Army should not receive as ussocom weapon(rangers M4sopmod) just because a class that isn’t supposed to be used in any form of combat anyways

2.the m60 getting changed wouldnt be a bad change this would be interesting to see

3. Medic should never ever ever ever have a primary weapon even if it’s a smg because honestly it’s only purpose is to heal and revive others usually people with donor weapons will use the class as some of the donor weapons used to be and potentially are still better then a couple main class weapons.

4.permanent weapons would only be available through donations but if there was more variety in that shop that would be good for the server.

5.as for Soc factions being more interesting then regular base army, honestly that’s how it’s supposed to be for the most part soc factions are things that everyone would wanna be but that not everyone can get into it gives people something to work towards in the server but also the us has a sniper rifle class and an smg class last time I checked on top of the lmg and marksman rifle class so it isn’t like y’all running dry

• 4 weeks later...

Denied
As much as it would make base faction better cause better weapons but with the addition of the newer classes which give better weapons to base faction, it wouldn't be a good idea as of going through the ranks an getting the WL through a tryout. As of the support class, the idea behind it is to provide first aid to those hurt and not do much more than that. 

@Jakeor @Luxembourgplease move to denied.