DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

19D/A Cavalry and Armor Division Tanks/Weaponized Vehicles (Updated Notes!!!)

Desires

Description:  Before I start my suggestion, I will say that I have never dedicated anything more to when it comes to a server then this Military RP server [GG]. Making my way from 11X PVT to 19A MAJ has been a trip, a fun trip that I hope to give to other Garnet members that wanna experience the server. With that said I'm hoping this major suggestion can get to the people of Garnet Gaming Military RP. Tanks, it can be and probably is a big subject due to the amount of good/bad it could cause to the server. BUT with proper handling, with proper implementing tanks could be a foreseeable feature that could prove beneficial to the server. I suggest that we add tanks and/or some form of weaponized vehicle due to the rising Army faction 19D Cavalry Scouts. Not long ago I founded in the Cavalry Scouts, I created a new tryout sheet with images, combat sim sheet, and implemented the idea so well that our roster filled up in almost 2 weeks of being created. I suggest to add a certification within 19D that will give us the chance to show some of our Scouts are responsible for the use of such vehicles like tanks or weaponized vehicles. Having us set up a form of certification with Cavalry Scouts will allow us to better choose who gets to use this new feature so that nothing negative can come from this new feature. This could also lead to new classes/jobs in the US Army and Taliban Army, possibly Tank Drivers class with requirements of having a certification.

Reasoning: 19D Has seen some great updates from Garnet the man, the myth, the legend himself, but Military RP experiences could be so much more with this suggestion. With this new vehicle we could have better more diverse events from GM's, a certificate of approval to use the tanks that our Cavalry Scout units could work towards, something new and flashy to show off on the server. Lets face it, before getting to this part of my reasoning you're probably turning away from the idea of such a thing coming on to the server and I don't blame you, but with proper handling and care something like adding a tank could bring a whole lot of fun/interesting experiences. Perhaps before turning the idea away, maybe think about giving it a chance? I like this server a whole bunch, I committed myself to showing high activity so that the community of Garnet in Military RP can grow. All I ask is for a chance to give myself and the many great responsible leaders of Cavalry Scouts to prove that it can benefit the server, you won't be disappointed. 

Additional Information: Both sides could have a working AT-Class (Anti-Tank) and a Vehicle driving class

After testing some server addons/vehicles with an unnamed friend I have figured out some astonishing results, after taking 3 RPG shots close range (point blank) in a HUMVEE it survives with 75% health. For HUMVEE's I propose to have it be made 2 shots to take it down, one to immobilize it or reduce its speed immensely and another to destroy it since in real life it could survive only up to 2 blasts. For tanks I'm thinking it should take at max three RPG hit's 1 to reduce its speed at around 15-25% since an anti-tank explosive would cause great damage to the tanks engine, 2 RPG hits to completely disable it's movement or reduce it by 80-90% since by now it would've caused massive damage to its internal parts/armor, and 3 RPG hits to destroy the tank. The HP for both vehicles is just at its first draft so any notes/suggestions would be appreciated. 

Training will be hard to accomplish due to the amount of responsibility a trainee would be gaining from completing 19K/Armor School tryout. More information below.

Link to Anti-tank/personal launcher [US]

spacer.png

Also Taliban, I can see the add on does give High Velocity Anti Tank rounds, could work out with this suggestion, eh? [AFG]

spacer.png

Picture of Responsible Leaders in Cavalry Scouts 

A Picture of Garrys Mod Tanks (Cool looking)

Steam Workshop for weaponized HUMVEE's

1cRt4ht.png

Steam Workshop Link for Taliban HUMVEE

spacer.png

Steam Workshop Link for US Tank M1A2 Abrams

spacer.png

Taliban side tanks, old Russian T-55's used in the Middle East conflict in real life [AFG]

spacer.png

There is an addon that provides a tank repair swep that I am proposing to add to the Driver or maybe a crewman to have 2 new classes! 😄

CERTIFICATION TRAINING/COURSE WILL BE SFC/MSG+ TO PREVENT MINGE ACCIDENTS

Tanks will have a limit to 1 or 2 Tanks for both sides! This will control tank spam and control FPS stability better. Cooldowns for tanks are 10 mins is a starting idea and HUMVEE's to 15/20 mins.

-Tank driver loadout [US]-

Models are still being searched for but models in the server could be recycled for the Tank driver class (Loadouts for US are based on actual weapons tankers used during the war in the Middle East)

Primary weapon : The privilege to drive a tank (maybe a swep that allows control of tanks to specific job)(Tank drivers would be occupied with driving the war machine so they wouldn't have much of a need for a primary, captain must go down with his ship!)

Secondary weapon : M1911

• DMG : 32x1
  • Damage Per Mag/Sec : 224/213
  • Fire rate : 400
  • Recoil : 33%
  • Deploy time : 0.5s
  • Reload time : 1.85s
  • Full reload time : 2.32

-Tank crewman loadout (Possible 19K)-

Primary weapon : M4 Rifle (shorter version off the M14)

M4A1 workshop (1st suggestion) Specs are compared to the M4 SOPMOD with no attachments

• DMG : 35 (-5)
  • Damage Per Mag : 1,085 (-115)
  • Fire rate : 850 (+230)
  • Recoil : 65% (+15%)

Keep in context this is a work in progress class!!

Secondary weapon : M1911

• DMG : 32x1
  • Damage Per Mag/Sec : 224/213
  • Fire rate : 400
  • Recoil : 33%
  • Deploy time : 1s
  • Reload time : 2.08s
  • Full reload time : 2.31s

Custom swep : Repair swep for tanks to work with drivers

-Tank driver loadout [AFG]-

Loyalist B01 Model looks like a good model for a tank driver

Primary weapon : The privilege to drive a tank (maybe a swep that allows control of tanks to specific job)(Tank drivers would be occupied with driving the war machine so they wouldn't have much of a need for a primary, captain must go down with his ship!)

Secondary weapon : Makarov

• DMG : 26x1
  • Damage Per Mag/Sec : 208/325
  • Fire rate : 325
  • Recoil : 46%

-Tank crewman loadout (Possible AFG 19K)-

Primary weapon : Ak74

Specs are compared to the M4 SOPMOD with no attachments

• DMG : 41 (+1)
  • Damage Per Mag : 1,230 (+30)
  • Fire rate : 580 (+10)
  • Recoil : 44% (-6%)

Keep in context this is a work in progress class!!

Secondary weapon : Makarov

• DMG : 26x1
  • Damage Per Mag/Sec : 208/325
  • Fire rate : 325
  • Recoil : 46%

Custom swep : Repair swep for tanks to work with drivers

Tryouts will be held in the vehicle warehouse

Since the warehouse is storing tanks/HUMVEE's it would make sense to have that be 19K's tryout/area. Tryouts being held will be as hard as Delta Force I have personally sought out to compare and put similar difficulties from DF/other SOC tryouts in 19K tryout [BETA] sheet so that no minges or other unwanted personal get access to such vehicles. Going forward, any tryouts that are held that are not to standard will be automatically cancelled due to lack of professionalism, also the tryout host will be put to question. (This is a serious suggestion and I will take it seriously because I do know how much of a change this suggestion would bring.)

Edited by Desires
Tank suggestion, HP, AT - Tank weapons, and now cooldowns and limits
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 1

I don't oppose the cert for vehicles, if you can explain to me how it would work considering Theos was the only one who could give these out before, and I don't see anything that would change Garnet's mind on this.

If it's adding vehicles with guns (and explosives) -1

Vehicles are already very powerful due to the ability to get around the map quickly, they do not need a buff.

As far as benefiting the server goes, it will benefit 11B, and maybe US. Tali does not have any sub-factions, and I also don't see that changing anytime soon with the current pop.

EDIT: Some of the addons suggested would require different vehicle foundations/Garnet to get permission ($$$) from the creator/or are only models, and have no framework for being driven.

If you suggest something, you should verify that all of the resources you're providing are feasible.

Edited by PraetorDon
Updated.
  • Agree 1

Hello Bikachu, 

if this were to get added to the server, Think of what could be added to the other side like Tali? And provide steam add-ons that we could be put into the server! 

But otherwise I like the idea. Maybe some tweaks could be like it can't be used in war or something. Cause Cavalry is a great RP tool!

• Agree 2
6 hours ago, PraetorDon said:

I don't oppose the cert for vehicles, if you can explain to me how it would work considering Theos was the only one who could give these out before, and I don't see anything that would change Garnet's mind on this.

If it's adding vehicles with guns (and explosives) -1

Vehicles are already very powerful due to the ability to get around the map quickly, they do not need a buff.

As far as benefiting the server goes, it will benefit 11B, and maybe US. Tali does not have any sub-factions, and I also don't see that changing anytime soon with the current pop.

A perfectly fine opinion and point Don brings up, yes vehicles can get around quickly and maybe without looking could only benefit 11B. Although with newer things being implemented in game could attract more people to the server. Vehicles are only transport ones and can only be used as such, with the addition of these new potential vehicles we could add 1 or 2 new classes to both sides to combat each other on each of their own power. 11B with HUMVEE's and Tanks VS Tali with their HUMVEE's and RPG Anti-Tankmen. I'd say that would be an entertaining server to join, wouldn't you? 😉

6 hours ago, SirSmity said:

Hello Bikachu, 

if this were to get added to the server, Think of what could be added to the other side like Tali? And provide steam add-ons that we could be put into the server! 

But otherwise I like the idea. Maybe some tweaks could be like it can't be used in war or something. Cause Cavalry is a great RP tool!

Great idea from the previous GA, Smityyyyy. Of course and I did just add some steam links that would be considered or maybe bring on other great ideas/workshop vehicles. For now I added some examples to add to the hype that the server could have from just seeing them on GMOD. Like I said I'm committed to make Garnet Gaming MilRP more entertaining and something like this with careful implantation would be wicked for sure. Also yeah having them not available during war could be a good idea, but maybe only avalible to GM's/staff? Let me hear your thoughts!

Let me know of anymore great advice!

-MAJ Bikachu 🙂

Edited by Desires

I Would like to have tanks into the server cause it would make so much difference. Not only it would be fun to play around with, but also give the server an opportunity to expand more on factions, tactics, roleplay, etc. I think it would be great if we added the tanks as an add-on. For Talis they can also follow-up on this idea too. 

Well, I like the sounding of this. As long it ain't used in wars and shit..
Obviously if the US is getting a Main Battle Tank, only fair if you add a T-72 or T-54 Russian Tank. Even with the Taliban Captured MRAP, the US would have those as well because no shit we have them so I don't agree with the HUMVEE/HMMWV

I do agree that you do need training and to have certification of using these, but with tanks, you do need a slight change to MOS like US Army : Armor Crewman | Name: 19K DS (rank) (name)

I'll remain neutral and give it thought and if you have ideas that can direct me going for an agreement, reply.

5 hours ago, Lager said:

I Would like to have tanks into the server cause it would make so much difference. Not only it would be fun to play around with, but also give the server an opportunity to expand more on factions, tactics, roleplay, etc. I think it would be great if we added the tanks as an add-on. For Talis they can also follow-up on this idea too. 

Put it this way tanks would be rpg mains but instead of it being a player with normal 150 hp it would be a veichle that has much more hp it simply wouldn’t be fun to play against 

9 hours ago, Woods said:

Put it this way tanks would be rpg mains but instead of it being a player with normal 150 hp it would be a veichle that has much more hp it simply wouldn’t be fun to play against 

imo, I rather only have this as event things. But I have to say that simfphys may need some tweaking because some server do cause script errors sometimes and do lag.
if i have to say, only things that can have a fair advantage is Taliban getting their own tanks as well or getting fuck tons of IEDs

• Agree 1
23 hours ago, Woods said:

-1 ngl this would not be fun and there’s other more important things to be focused on

If you are not actively playing (on a consistent basis) I would refrain from posting on suggestions. Suggestions are a place for people to express their ideas for the server obviously there are more important things to focus on and that’s why we have a trello. I won’t leave my opinion here but if we really want to get people more involved in the server I believe squads like 19D are the way to go.

SWRP splits their main units into divisions of I believe 3. Yes, I know we are not a PVE but it seems to very obviously be getting their players engaged and give way to more opportunities for players to lead and play.

• Disagree 3
  • Agree 1
13 hours ago, Hauptmann_HK416 said:

Well, I like the sounding of this. As long it ain't used in wars and shit..
Obviously if the US is getting a Main Battle Tank, only fair if you add a T-72 or T-54 Russian Tank. Even with the Taliban Captured MRAP, the US would have those as well because no shit we have them so I don't agree with the HUMVEE/HMMWV

I do agree that you do need training and to have certification of using these, but with tanks, you do need a slight change to MOS like US Army : Armor Crewman | Name: 19K DS (rank) (name)

I'll remain neutral and give it thought and if you have ideas that can direct me going for an agreement, reply.

A great reply and concern, I completely agree with some of your points like being only used during peace time events partially also adding in an enemy tank. I was getting just the idea of adding tanks to the server and thinking on it now, I believe the Taliban Army could use a Russian tank but maybe an older model since during the Midwest war they used older T-model Tanks like the T-55/54's. Secondly I think allowing the tanks to come into the server and allowing them only for events to start off would be a great start and later on I'm hoping to add them to maybe war with a long cooldown maybe on both sides since they are (or can be) undeniably powerful/OP. Lastly the HUMVEE suggestion would be with perhaps the same cooldown or maybe the idea would be that 19D (And Tali 19D) would have access to HUMVEE's during war with a smaller but significant cooldown since they would be less OP with their medium hardened armor compared to the Tank's of course and only equipped with a LMG (No explosive cannons). I hope I answered some of your concerns/questions, anymore great questions? Let me know and I'll be happy to reply!

-MAJ Bikachu :)