DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Suggestions To Increase Server Growth/Productivity

Clone Trooper Regiment

There should be a base clone trooper, no color, no regiment, entry battalion so that there’s a genuine incentive to host and attend tryouts instead of just giving them it instantly and then people just quit. There has been millions of problems that 212th / 501st have had since the start of this server, that could've easily been solved by this, this was a suggestion I made first month of the server being re-released. When you instantly give them a battalion, you are taking away the reasoning to look out for tryouts, oversaturating two battalions, and leaving the rest with zero incentive to join as they already are in a "Battalion", we have seen time and time this not work out as most new players stay in these two battalions and or end up leaving never to join again. New players just sit in 501st/212th leaving the rest of these battalions with zero interest because the work was done for them. 501st/212th should NOT be one of the biggest battalions, it should be a equal spread. And this is shown very clearly by data over the course of the past ~ 5 months. This is a playing factor to why most battalions (despite all of the implementations/updates) remain to be dead. There is no incentive. Also when minges join and are given 501st/212th, then you've just inherently killed a battalion's reputation because its constantly filled with minges, instead if it were just regular "CT's" doing this, then it wouldn't have such a long term effect. (Also 91st was replaced with 21st thinking it was 91st fault for being dead for it to be just as dead, even worse, but in reality it was this)

A Live Staff Roster (Google Spreadsheet Document)

As we continue to grow and expand into being a more matured, aging server. We should start to consider efficiency as a priority so things are done effectively. One of these things is we have no live, consistently updated and to date staff roster. As people resign and leave our Staff/GM team it can be hard to get a gauge of exactly who we got and what we need. From a management perspective this could be very helpful to get organized and give's the entire team better information to do their jobs/roles effectively. From Management > Administration > Lead's > Senior's , would ALL benefit from this. A utilization of a Steam-ID activity checker can also be added to this doc to make sure the team is active and nobody is picking up slack they shouldn't be. There can also be a GM activity/event log within this roster document. There's so many unused elements within this that could benefit us as a team so much.

Optimization

I could quite literally get a list of over 70+ never used models/entities that are just taking up space on the server. If it were possible to delete individual items from certain packs then we could easily clear out a good amount of clutter space these certain models/entities are taking up. This would be a @Nutter question. 

Conclusion

I think these suggestions would genuinely make a impact on the server's health and expectations. Please leave feedback below and let me know what the community thinks! 

• Agree 2

I've trained a good amount of clones joining the server and I feel like the most common question is why they have to choose between 501st and 212th. If we have a base battalion, it would make 501st and 212th like everybody else instead of being considered the base/starting battalion. I agree with this 100%

I've seen people be promoted while not being on the server for like almost a month. A staff roster with the steam id activity checker would help fix it and make it so we aren't promoting those who don't deserve it. 

I dont think we could do the model one but if we can it would be good, but it would also take away model choices for GM's

Edited by marks13001
  • Like 1

"Clone Trooper Regiment"

I think adding this to the server would benefit the player-base and activity, as clones could go around as CT and adventure from there.  Not having one is infact "unique" but not necessarily beneficial   I've often seen new players disappointed that there isn't a Clone trooper Battalion, which then forces them to join 212th / 501st then leading to them leaving the server as they aren't getting what they want.

+1 for this addition

Live Staff Roster

I completely agree with everything stated, as of lately I've seen a lot of Gamemasters sit back and hold the rank without doing too much.  Just playing, I think some sort of activity checker would be a good addition to the management of the staff/gm team.

+1 for this addition

Optimization

If possible we should clean up the unnecessary models / entities that aren't used.

+1 for this action

Edited by Skelteen
  • Agree 2
12 minutes ago, Kenrotheangrycg said:

Clone Trooper Regiment

There should be a base clone trooper, no color, no regiment, entry battalion so that there’s a genuine incentive to host and attend tryouts instead of just giving them it instantly and then people just quit. There has been millions of problems that 212th / 501st have had since the start of this server, that could've easily been solved by this, this was a suggestion I made first month of the server being re-released. When you instantly give them a battalion, you are taking away the reasoning to look out for tryouts, oversaturating two battalions, and leaving the rest with zero incentive to join as they already are in a "Battalion", we have seen time and time this not work out as most new players stay in these two battalions and or end up leaving never to join again. New players just sit in 501st/212th leaving the rest of these battalions with zero interest because the work was done for them. 501st/212th should NOT be one of the biggest battalions, it should be a equal spread. And this is shown very clearly by data over the course of the past ~ 5 months. This is a playing factor to why most battalions (despite all of the implementations/updates) remain to be dead. There is no incentive. Also when minges join and are given 501st/212th, then you've just inherently killed a battalion's reputation because its constantly filled with minges, instead if it were just regular "CT's" doing this, then it wouldn't have such a long term effect. (Also 91st was replaced with 21st thinking it was 91st fault for being dead for it to be just as dead, even worse, but in reality it was this)

So

I think this is a decent idea, BUT, 501st and 212th should still both serve as entry level battalions. Very easy tryouts, easier to rank up in, etc. There would need to be a new job added called Clone Trainee, and after completion of the /quiz they could be given a regular Clone Trooper Recruit whitelist, where they could access the base, and do tryouts. The only rank should be CR (Clone Recruit).

+1 for this part

14 minutes ago, Kenrotheangrycg said:

A Live Staff Roster (Google Spreadsheet Document)

Not even gonna read the rest

+1 for this part 

14 minutes ago, Kenrotheangrycg said:

Optimization

I could quite literally get a list of over 70+ never used models/entities that are just taking up space on the server. If it were possible to delete individual items from certain packs then we could easily clear out a good amount of clutter space these certain models/entities are taking up. This would be a @Nutter question. 

While yes, we have TONS of unused models, some battalions make plans surrounding the models, in a bid to let people use them. The issue also comes from the fact the models arent individually added, but rather added in packs. Getting rid of some would result in getting rid of others.

-1 for this part

• Agree 3
  • StarWarsRP Administration Team

All of those are very good ideas, +1 for all

For the optimization, I think going through and talking with each battalion command about models they won’t use would be beneficial!

• Agree 2

+1
I believe this would help restore the 212th and 501st reputations and help filter out trolls a lot more. It would also help for trooper retention within the battalion, because you know that the people who join either of the two are actually interested in being in the battalions and not just forced to join right out of the gate. Would also reduce fishing from other battalions trying to steal their troops.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3oeSAK2k0zDaQCbqJG" width="480" height="208" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/starwars-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi-3oeSAK2k0zDaQCbqJG">via GIPHY</a></p>

• Agree 2
  • The Garnut
4 hours ago, Kenrotheangrycg said:

As we continue to grow and expand into being a more matured, aging server. We should start to consider efficiency as a priority so things are done effectively. One of these things is we have no live, consistently updated and to date staff roster

https://garnetgaming.net/starwarsrp/staff/

Optimization

Yeah, i'm perfectly capable of doing so, but they'd still take your disk space, just not appear in the spawn menu. The reason for our absurd amount of content is primarily models, followed second by content necessary for our models and lightsabers.

Clone Trooper Regiment

Going to leave that to the playerbase, although I personally do not think this would be a welcome change, and would instead be a waste of resources/spot for a faction that could be something more than just entry white clones that people typically do not want to play.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

+1 on all

As the current 501st CO I do agree with the clone regiment, over these past few months I have seen first hand people that join 501st simply leave it without giving it a shot simply because it is a "starter battalion", not only that but as mentioned before a lot of minges join the 501st or 212th and ruin the image of the battalion, someone that has recently joined the server and sees a minge in either one of those battalions will instantly want to leave the server or the faction itself.

• Agree 2

+1

I agree with everything stated in this post. As a 501st NCO myself I do feel new players should be able to experience life as a, I guess free, clone when they first join. This not only separates the new players that want to actually play and continue on the server but it will stop a lot of the minge CT issues with 212th and 501st in general. This will also make it to where 501st and 212th will have to work for their player base just like the rest of the battalions on the server.

2 hours ago, Komrk888 said:

+1
I completely agree on all areas. I believe 501st and 212th have too large of a task of managing new recruits. They also are on a see-saw, when one battalion flourishes the other suffers and vice-versa.

COULDNT HAVE SAID THIS BETTER, RIGHT ON THE DOT KOMRK!

• Agree 1

Big +1 for sure.

All of our battalions should have troopers that join through tryouts rather than being automatically set into it. Would makes it easier for the commanders to keep track of who is in their battalion making it more likely for the NCO+ to know the new CTs exist and be able to watch them for when to promote them.

As I see now that a starwarsrp staff page exists, I do think the activity tracker would be a good addition for valid promotions like was said. 

Gotta see how the suggestion for the CGI models turn out and hopefully that will assist in the performance.

• Agree 1

+1 

A great idea personally played on many other servers like this and I feel like this will help 501st and 212th be "Less Mingey" and overall be a good help but the question is will we have a CT CO? Just a base CO since some people may just stick with no Colour and stay in the base one

17 hours ago, Twix said:

+1 

A great idea personally played on many other servers like this and I feel like this will help 501st and 212th be "Less Mingey" and overall be a good help but the question is will we have a CT CO? Just a base CO since some people may just stick with no Colour and stay in the base one

Jedi could just help this “faction”