DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Removing Friendly Fire During War

Geoffy

Description: Remove friendly fire that was added during war to prevent team damage and confusion.
Reasoning: The addition of friendly fire in war from what I've seen since coming back to the server, has created a good amount of confusion. While the amount of team damage is greatly reduced, for someone who is a new player and isn't familiar with the playermodels might not know any better. With no indication of them being friendly even after shooting them if you don't know their faction's model, I've seen multiple instances of newer players still shooting at friendlies after they'd definitely be dead or after the friendly tries to show that they're not an enemy. Some of the models for SOC can be very confusing for new players and being able to shoot at someone friendly or not without them taking damage was at least how I personally learned the models. I think it would greatly benefit new players if friendly fire was disabled during war again. 🥰

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

+1 

This change was the result of my suggestion to add AOE team damage to the server to combat the unrealistic and retarded usage of explosives and AOE's such as nerve gas. The suggestion only entailed adding again, AOE damage; not all damage.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 Currently, as it stands, the fellow faction member who’s getting shot at is the one who is punished (by taking damage) for this very common mistake.

I personally believe that no one should be punished for friendly fire when it comes to new players learning models. So in that case, friendly fire would just be removed entirely.

However, since more experienced players already know the models and are aware when they’re shooting at members of their own team, I think it might be a cool idea to make it so when someone over level 10-15 (or higher, but I don’t feel like it takes too long to learn models) shoots at a team member during war, one of three things happens.

A : The person getting shot at is damaged (possibly at a reduced rate, like it currently is).

B The person who did the shooting is damaged.

C : Both people are damaged.

This would discourage more experienced players from shooting at team members while still allowing newer players to learn playermodels.

+1 The explosive damage was a good change that balanced the use of explosives, preventing them from being used excessively. This can stay as is.

The friendly fire change with weapons wasn't needed, and leads to a very frustrating experience.. I would rather see it reverted entirely than trying to make it work in any capacity.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...