DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

ROE Change - 6/5/2022

I already replied, but this is in relation to the test that just happened. This was actually amazing, the best way I can describe it is an event without any GMs, planning, or staff involvement. Just pure player base interaction, I haven't seen this type of passive RP and interactions in YEARS. I really hope this gets added for the future of MRP. Forgot to mention, when we did this, not once did the pop dip bellow 75 the entire peace time, and it was 12AM. Literally insane.

Edited by Reeper
  • Like 3
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
Just now, Reeper said:

I already replied, but this is in relation to the test that just happened. This was actually amazing, the best way I can describe it is an event without any GMs, planning, or staff involvement. Just pure player base interaction, I haven't seen this type of passive RP and interactions ins YEARS. I really hope this gets added for the future of MRP. Forgot to mention, when we did this, not once did the pop dip bellow 75 the entire peace time, and it was 12AM. Literally insane.

I entirely agree, the player interaction was exactly what I'd thought it would be. It was an amazing time, and honestly it's the most fun I've had in a long time on MRP. Player driven RP was at an all time high, amazing situations arose and it was overall a great time. Having it tested really solidified my agreement to this change.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
On 6/5/2022 at 5:54 AM, SirSmity said:

After talking amongst staff about a possible ROE change it would be best to ask the community also. 

Current ROE :

Ist: Do not shoot unless fired upon. Only applies outside of war. Does not apply if you're on someone else's claim.

2nd: You may shoot anyone with explosives in their hands.

Proposed ROE:

US KOS Taliban with a weapon out. Unless its on a claimed Area.

AFG KOS any US outside of base and not in a claimed area.

Quickswapping will be enforced. 

With the the current POP of the server I have noticed and also what others have noticed is that newer players leave the server during peacetime when nothing is happening. With the proposed ROE change it would bring more players to the Taliban cause they have more freedom of what they want to do but also give players on both sides reasons to leave the base. I made a list in our staff discord of what they would think of a possible ROE change. 

Pros: 
Tali numbers would go up substantially as they would get more freedom to do whatever they want unless its a claim/base. 
Players when they join they want to kill people once they figure out they have a gun. 
This would allow people to kill other people and have a sense of realism on both sides. 
It would give a purpose of patroling spots on the map and have the chance of being ambushed and a sense of an actual MilRP scenario.
People can act like civilians on the map instead of switching to the civ class. 
Making sure there is no chances of raids and being able to prevent them from raiding DB's before they get into the base.

Cons: 
People would get killed outside of base. 
Will be hectic in sits possibly but we use logs to figure out most situations.

Obviously there are more pros as this is something I mentioned awhile ago to staff so there is bias here so I'm asking for your help on possible pros or cons that I haven't listed and how you guys think it would take affect. 

+1 sounds good

+1

Please for the love of god update the ROE. It's been the same since when I started playing this server in late 2019. It's so obvious when the Russian/Tali/Whoeverthe fuckingenemyis soldiers are going to attempt an attack on your base and you just have to sit there like an idiot because you'll get reported otherwise if you shoot them.

• Like 2

It’s repetitive at this point. But I  agree with this, since I joined many moons ago, this has been a topic of conversation many times. As smity stated there are the pros and cons of this being added. I think another con to be considered, but honestly shouldn’t be decisive, is that most other mrp servers are the “constant war” and rules based around that. By changing the ROE we would be joining that group. However I think the change would be refreshing for the server and the players. For as long as I can remember it has only been “War Time and Peace Time”, so I hope this change will make a positive impact on the server. Pluto also made some good points as well, however not all of them will magically happen upon the change so be wary that it will take time, however the points that were made are valid. 

anyways +1

• Like 3
On 6/14/2022 at 11:59 PM, Remake said:

It’s repetitive at this point. But I  agree with this, since I joined many moons ago, this has been a topic of conversation many times. As smity stated there are the pros and cons of this being added. I think another con to be considered, but honestly shouldn’t be decisive, is that most other mrp servers are the “constant war” and rules based around that. By changing the ROE we would be joining that group. However I think the change would be refreshing for the server and the players. For as long as I can remember it has only been “War Time and Peace Time”, so I hope this change will make a positive impact on the server. Pluto also made some good points as well, however not all of them will magically happen upon the change so be wary that it will take time, however the points that were made are valid. 

anyways +1

I think if its correctly ruled and we can actually bring RP to it so were not killing each other constantly it will help the server alot especially for ambushes which the taliban are usually known for

Accepted
US KOS Taliban with a weapon out even if saw in a car with a weapon out. Otherwise treated as a civilian. Unless its on a claimed Area/base.
If friendly was killed and perceived in-character you can check them for weapons used recently and "Detain them to do this" You can kill them. For now you can /roll.
If a Taliban has an explosive on their player model they are KOS Ex. RPG

AFG KOS any US outside of base and not in a claimed area/base.
Quickswapping will be enforced as you have to wait 1 second before shooting. For example you can't pull a gun out and shoot right away. Knifes are an exception.
No sniping for Tali during peacetime unless cleared for an RP Scenario or with T-Admin+ (As they should be talking to the People on the server)

This can be changed in the Future. Especially the /roll portion as me and Garnet is working on it.

@LuxembourgPlease lock and move to Accepted.

• Like 2