DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Carlmans GM APP

In-game name: 055th 1LT Carlman

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:526686263

Warns: 14 

Time zone: EST

Playtime? (Paste your /playtime [Name]): | 055th 1LT Carlman played for 1442:36:30.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone? [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos? [YES/NO] YES

Referral(s): [What Gamemaster recommended you apply?] no one

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] yes, I was a game master on a different server 

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I think you should choose me for game master because I am very creative and can be all day. I am good at talking to people so I can see what the people want instead of not listening to them and try to keep new players interested. I am also a very honest person. I can be trusted. I know my reputation is not the best on the server, but it has gotten a lot better. Since I have past game master experience it should be easy for me to come up with events on the fly if needed but I like to make a good quality event for the people to enjoy but also be time efficient. When it comes to it, I can be very professional and act mature and I am respectful to others I don't try to argue with others. I don't like to cause havoc on the server.

I have also been here sense 2020 so I know what the community would like in an event. and I want to keep the people that are on the server here like to new players I want a new player to join and have fun during peace time . I am very active so I can do event almost every day. and if no staff are on in the mornings I can help out with that I know that not why I am getting game master but if it comes down to it I can help with that. This is why I think you should pick me as a game master over the other applicants.        

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, include details I have been banned for mass rdm a long time ago 

How much time do you have to contribute to the role? all day

In your own words, what are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster? to create fun events that the players like and enjoy and to listed to the people so they can improve on their events

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would do events that have rp fighting and all the other stuff the people like doing

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas designed for only your side to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation] 

A squad of enemy bandits have captured an officer and the Taliban needs to go and retrieve him the bandits took him to the tunnels by boardwalk and we must go and clear them out and retrieve the officer i will put npcs in the tunnels and outside of the tunnels and when the solders get the officer i will spawn more npcs behind them to try to stop them from getting out and no explosives will be used it will make the event way to easy  

There is a strange frequency coming from embassy through the comms and the Taliban needs to go there and figure out what it is and when they get there, they have to capture the leader of said people at embassy and try to get info on why there were trying to get into our comms

There is a scientist doing experiments at a lab I will build, and they are doing test on soldiers trying to make them super soldiers and the Taliban will have to go and stop the scientist and try to save the test subjects I can spawn in npcs as soldiers that have already been infected by the scientist and the Taliban will have to kill them and they will have to find an antidote to heal the test subjects from turning all the way 

The Taliban base is under attack by Bandits and the Taliban have to clear the base and try not to let a spy get the info on the Taliban I will be spawning in npcs outside of the base and be commsing in like the bandits have pushed inside the base clear them out and I will have someone be on a white list and them change their name to like bandit spy and there role is to steal the info maybe have more than one and each spy will have to get info on a different faction

We set up a roadblock outside of Taliban base and we will have soc defend it and make sure people that aren't supposed to come into the base don't come in and people that are allowed to leave leave the base i can make like a little fob thing on the bridge like a second gate type deal and have the soc or even base faction guard it and take info on any suspicious activity  

Please list and explain 3 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

The Taliban has kidnapped a US officer and the Taliban have move to a FOB in village under boardwalk and US has to try to get the officer back ether by force or negotiate with money or trading items that I can spawn in props to give the Taliban cover and like a prison type deal to make it more realistic or to add to the role play

Taliban go to the golf ball looking tower by ship and we pretend it's an oil drill and the US has to stop the Taliban from stealing the oil I can spawn in props to make it harder and also; I can spawn in oil like barrels so they can role play to get the barrels

The US is carrying cargo from OBJ to OBJ, and the Taliban has to stop them the goal of the US is to not get the cargo stolen and safely back to their base I can place props for the cargo so that the Taliban can steal it they will have to do /me to get the cargo from truck to truck and I will just lift the cargo onto the other truck

Edited by SolocuppCarlman
buffing up paragraphs
  • Like 1

+1

Bad reputation in the past, but has definitely fixed it and has shown maturity since then. Has great ideas overall and can definitely make a good member to the GM team. Can't wait for the events that Carlman has in stock!

• Like 1

+1, I helped him out while making the app and saw his commitment to the role, as well as trying to think of well planned events and not rushing. Other than that, you have improved loads since your last Staff apps from a while ago.

Good luck brotha!

• Like 1

+1 

Used to be hella mingey, but since then you have shown great improvements, does a lot for 055 as he is one of the most active officers they have. 

Edited by Anmol
  • Like 1

+1 

Very serious player, I know he could help out. and me as a fellow 055th member I know he has been trying and has shown to be very helpful, and will be even more with tryouts and such. Very active player, and a great leader, and is very determined to help out with anything asked of him.

Current: 055th BMI Super Scratch | 11B PFC Scratch

Edited by Scratch
just a rank up on my end and name change i dont know if that matters

Now to preface my response, I will now +1 this app for the reasons that Carlman has improved his reputation and behavior, which these signs of growth always speak louder than words, and that the GM team needs more members that are willing to do events and entertain the server. His reponse also satisfied me in the sense that he has the motivation to cater to the servers wants and desires, which is critical in entertaining people and retaining numbers.

On 6/6/2022 at 2:39 AM, Carlman1232 said:

yes, I was a game master on a different server 

I'm curious as to your past as a gamemaster (not saying you're lying). What type of server was it and what type of events were held? No need to name the server.

On 6/6/2022 at 2:39 AM, Carlman1232 said:

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would do events that have rp fighting and all the other stuff the people like doing

While this response is not wrong and expected of gamemasters, could you elaborate a bit more on this. What exactly would you contribute to RP? A mix of RP and combat? Linear events or events that change based on players actions? Things like this. 

(Ignore the two questions above).

Edited by Cold Soldier
Answered
2 minutes ago, Cold Soldier said:

I'm curious as to your past as a gamemaster (not saying you're lying). What type of server was it and what type of events were held? No need to name the server.

it was a SWRP, and they did rp events and base protect events stuff like that

3 minutes ago, Cold Soldier said:

While this response is not wrong and expected of gamemasters, could you elaborate a bit more on this. What exactly would you contribute to RP? A mix of RP and combat? Linear events or events that change based on players actions? Things like this. 

i would want to do what the people want if people are more wanting fighting events, I'll do fight events if people want rp events all do rp events and I can also do both if that's what is wanted

• Agree 2

Hey, Carl I am always an advocate for change and improvement in people especially after a weary past. I personally have seen healthy and friendly growth coming from you as apart of 055th. Currently, I dont see why you shouldn't be a game master we could always use the help. However,

On 6/6/2022 at 3:39 AM, SolocuppCarlman said:

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] I think you should choose me for game master because I am very creative and can be all day. I am good at talking to people so I can see what the people want instead of not listening to them and try to keep new players interested. I am also a very honest person. I can be trusted. I know my reputation is not the best on the server, but it has gotten a lot better. Since I have past game master experience it should be easy for me to come up with events on the fly if needed but I like to make a good quality event for the people to enjoy but also be time efficient. When it comes to it, I can be very professional and act mature and I am respectful to others I don't try to argue with others. I don't like to cause havoc on the server.    

The minimum requirement for this section is 2 paragraphs and your event ideas seem a little bland and I feel like they could be elaborated on more. Small aspects here and there help really get players immersed in your events and make them feel like they are really there. If you could beef up your application I would be happy to give you a +1 aswell as Soldier it seems. Cant wait to see the finished product.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
On 6/7/2022 at 4:50 PM, Horseyy said:

The minimum requirement for this section is 2 paragraphs and your event ideas seem a little bland and I feel like they could be elaborated on more. Small aspects here and there help really get players immersed in your events and make them feel like they are really there. If you could beef up your application I would be happy to give you a +1 aswell as Soldier it seems. Cant wait to see the finished product.

i have fixed it to where there are 2 paragraphs now 

logo.png.f655a706f14519b42316b9201ad5561
Denied
While you did garner decent community support, your application was a little lackluster in terms of grammar and effort. You missed some of the requirements(before you were told to change them), and your answers to some of the prompts were extremely basic and surface level. It is also very difficult to overcome the fact that you have 14 warns, and I have noticed that your conduct in some events in game does not make it seem like you have a great grasp on RP situations or how they pan out server wide. Feel free to message me to see what to improve on.

Please feel free to apply again in 2 weeks (06/27/2022)
@Jake Lock and move please.