Bluey's Staff Application

Bluey

In-game name: Bluey
SteamID STEAM_0:1:474669005

Warns:1 (was messing around with a friend) 
Timezone:PST
Playtime?: |  Bluey has played for 426:23:08.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] yes
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] none
    Past experiences as staff: no
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I believe that I would be a perfect fit for the job. I not only have a lot of experience but I am also very helpful around the server. I try my best to help low levels and give them advice on what to do or how to play the game.  For example When I'm not busy I like to base with low levels and give them a head start. I try to answer as many questions as I can for players that are confused or need help. this community is filled with wonderful people and I want to make the most of it. I love this server and have so much fun playing on it  I love to socialize so I spend a lot of time meeting with new people, starting conversations and just making friends as a whole. Although there can be players that try to ruin the server like propblockers, rdmers, etc. so If I was a staff member I would do my best at keeping the server in order and stopping the trolls.  I want to play on a server that everyone can enjoy without having to deal with players that try to take the enjoyment of the server away. I want to help  stop those players and make the server more enjoyable for everyone. I am very active and play on garnet almost all day everyday I'm on summer break so I have a lot more free time and I can help with server as a staff even more.

I have had a past on this server that I'm not proud of. When I first began the server which was several months ago I would always mess around and troll. I took the server for granted and faced several punishments. I didn't realize what I had and I was only on the server to mess with people. after punishment and warns etc. when I actually started to play the server for fun and talk with people I realized that this server is greater than I thought. I met so many friendly people and staff members that I was even disappointed with myself that I treated the people and server in that way. I wanted to make a change so I played the server for hours on end I would make new friends in the process and learn more about the server rules etc. I ended  up having a lot of  fun along the way and really enjoyed every moment of it. of course I had slip ups here and there but at the end of the day we're all human and all make mistakes but I learned from them and Moved on. I hate what I did when I first started the server as I was always trolling and not being as kind. but I managed to turn it around and make new friends and actually have a blast on the server the old me is nothing like me today as I can be seen as helpful, kind, and responsible. of course I mess around sometimes but when duty calls I'll be professional in the situation.

I not only have A lot of experience as a player but I've also know how the staff operate and help the server. I've been in constant sits for racism, hacking , NLR etc. and most of the time I lose these sits because I don't have evidence or proof to show that I was the victim in the situation. I would always be frustrated when I can't prove it. this helped me realize how crucial evidence is and how The staff in the situation needs something to judge the person on to have a fair sit and to not be bias. and that staff don't blindly punish people who might have been innocent. from then on I would always gather clips and get those who commit those acts to be jailed,banned,warned, etc. this job has job has a lot of power and I want to use it the right way and help players and stop trolls. 

I truly believe I have a lot to bring to the table and that I would be an excellent team member as I work very well as a team and can help make the server more fun and enjoyable for players. I know my past isn't great but I truly think I have changed and I want to improve  and improve and get better and better I really believe I can do this job, I have really thought hard into it and I can confidently say that I can handle it.  thank you for reading my application if you have any questions please feel free to ask me

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details 

I have been banned 5 times which is a lot but as I have said before I learned from my mistakes and try my best to follow the rules and to help make the server be and better place.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: This is my first application
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I can contribute 4-6 hours a day since I am on break and have no irl plans 
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Yes I do I did volunteer work at my summer camp. I would show leadership and responsibility and help fellow campers with activities and such. I also play lacrosse and I do track and field as well. so I am used to working with a team.
Did you read the staff rules?:  Bluey

• Informative 1

TLDR: +1

Gonna take this application serious because this is the most effort I've seen in a while.

Specific Quotes

In order from least important to me to most important to me.

19 hours ago, Bluey said:

Although there can be players that try to ruin the server like propblockers, rdmers, etc. so If I was a staff member I would do my best at keeping the server in order and stopping the trolls.

Although I get the sentiment this is unnecessary as you're basically saying "I want to do what I'm applying to do." 

20 hours ago, Bluey said:

of course I mess around sometimes but when duty calls I'll be professional in the situation.

Not a lot of people admit that they wont always be 100% professional, but it is true for almost everyone, I appreciate that.

I would always be frustrated when I can't prove it. this helped me realize how crucial evidence is and how The staff in the situation needs something to judge the person on to have a fair sit and to not be bias.

A lot of people struggle to realize this, when I was staff there were some staff members who couldn't wrap their head around the need for so much proof. The fact you get it shows me you'd be good staff.

I have had a past on this server that I'm not proud of

Don't beat yourself up over your history on the server. Almost everyone joined to minge when they first started, its VERY common to do that when you start. A lot of people like to pussyfoot around it in their staff apps and you being blunt at the start of a paragraph is a good sign to me. 

Overall App

This is a very well thought out application with very beefy paragraphs. I see you on the server every day, and you are friends with people who I think are good staff. I speak from experience when I say new staff tend to follow in the footsteps of the staff they're friends with so I think you will be a great staff member so I have to give this a huge +1. I do have some advice though, try to separate staff duties from the people you're friends with on the server. It's very easy to do something stupid out of peer pressure especially at your age, and there's a good chance you'll end up regretting it. Good luck on staff if you make it.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, WreckEMsaints said:

5 bans is concerning. Can you go into detail why you received them and how you’ve changed since then?

Yes I can and I am aware of the fact the 5 bans looks very bad on an application for a job like this. I do not remember clearly but I do remember that most of them were for MRDM, I was a low level probably around 12 - 18 so I was basically on the server to mess with people. when I actually played the server and was not trolling I was actually having fun. I realized that what I was doing was stupid so I tried my best to stop getting into trouble. I know I have changed because I take this server serious and want to help the community even more. I have the experience and I believe that I can do the job despite my past. as I have said before I'm not proud of what I've done but I know I have changed for the better and that I can do the job right. thank you for reading my app and responding if you have more questions please do not hesitate to ask 🙂

• Informative 1

5 Bans Total, 2 in 2021 and 2 this year just last month. you must be high if you think we are gonna let you become staff. 

Edit: changing to a +1 bans are old enough. An minus one isn't necessary.

Edited by Hendersonyt
Changing my mind
  • Cringe 2
  • Toxic 1
40 minutes ago, Hendersonyt said:

5 Bans Total, 2 in 2021 and 2 this year just last month. you must be high if you think we are gonna let you become staff. -1

I can completely understand your perspective on this. I began dark rp during 2021 so that was about around the time I began the server. Last month I was around the lvl 20 - 50 so I wasn't too aware of certain rules so because my lvl I was banned for 4 days for mass NITRP as I didn't understand the mugging rules quite well as my advert was . I was hesitant at first to write an application as I knew that my bans would come back to effect me in becoming staff. It was a stupid mistake I made as I should of read the rules better and that ended up being put on my record. I learned my lesson and I read the rules clearly and made sure I wouldn't make the mistake again. I know how it looks and I really regret what I've done and I really don't want it to hold me back from my potential as a staff because I know that I do the job and that I've really changed.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Hendersonyt said:

5 Bans Total, 2 in 2021 and 2 this year just last month. you must be high if you think we are gonna let you become staff. -1

yooo some of our staff have perma bans on their record! Bans don't define character hell one of our best staff members @ThetaKek well former staff members has like 4 mass rdm bans etc but in the end bans dont define character remember that.

Overall your app is good and people are +1ing you so you got my support. The staff app nazi sticker of approval or sumth

• Agree 3