Stromboli GM application

In-game name: Strom / Mac Dhugail / Soc Blard
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:174483395
Warns: 0 that I know of
Timezone: EST
Playtime?:  556 hours.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]
Referral(s): GM Billybob, L.GM Bobert,  didnt really want to bother anyone else about a referral
Past experiences as a Game Master: No
Why should we choose you over other applicants? 

One of the main reasons I wanted to apply was that I am a very creative individual when it comes to events like this. I usually just make up the event in my head but I also add some truth to it by uses some of the episodes from the clone wars. I don't want to name the individuals but I sometimes have helped people during their GM apps by giving them unique event ideas or ways to word things better. Also I have lots of experience being event characters during events. I think I have been the main character for an event around 6 or 7 times maybe more, and an important side character or droid over 20 times. I have helped GMs with pre event lots of times and I've also helped GMs with the event with things to do to keep the players interested multiple times.

One of my other core features that I can use as a GM is that I know what people want. I have kind of studied what people like and dislike in events. For instance people do not like fighting on a venator, but people like more story build up during pre-event. No one seems to like the idea of just shooting at drop pods in MHB anymore as well. My main goal as a GM will be to bring more to the table for players to do. not have it so people are waiting around while one person does RP, but not also fill in that time with some drop pods. Maybe throw in some small passive RP for people to do while they are waiting for the main RP to finish.
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details

I've been arrested a total of 3 times one on each of my lives. Clone: CG meta gamed from when they were an EC and arrested me for drug usage. Mando: Had to be held securely while a rogue mando was on the loose. Jedi: Miss clicked a teleport on base
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I plan to try to do one event per week and help out with at least one event per week

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?:

To create RP for the server and make sure we don't have hours of downtime where people just AFK. Also to listen to the community and give the people mostly what they want. (only mostly because some people are weird and want ERP or something racist/sexist/homophobic)

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would try to make events that are heavily based off of the Clone Wars TV show but change it so it isn't exactly the same. Also create passive RP for each of the different cert. MED: Someone starts to feel lightheaded from battle WH: The door to med bay is locked and wont open so they can hack it open. MEC: A vehicle has some mechanical problems from getting shot. EOD: Every EOD is given a wire training kit to mess around with. Pilot: Their LAAT needs refueled or some of the navigation needs recalibrated.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: My most creative idea that I've had is using resources like the shows or movies to make events. I know it is kind of the opposite of being creative, but It can make lots more quality events than just making one up on the spot can. Also taking recommendations from non-GMs because it helps give the people what they want

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: I'm going to put what I base the event off of in parenthesis next to the title. Event Name = Orange. Event Inspiration = Green. Type of event = Red

1. Geonosis Factory Destruction (Star Wars Battlefront 2 Galactic Assault) Off World Required: 1 EC (Tank Operator), AT-TE, EOD, possibly WH. Possible NPK/ FPK (they can choose which one)

We are on Geonosis and we are at the droid factory that has ray shields protecting all entrances. A special AT-TE is dropped in by the fleet that has it's own driver and a lower health. The 34th battle group is assigned to protect the AT-TE at all costs on it's way to the factory. It' top gun is equipped with an EMP that will shut down the ray shields for 10 minutes. Once reaching the facility pipes the EC AT-TE driver will swap seats and fire the EMP. After the EMP goes off the EOD and other personnel rush in to set enough explosives down to blow up the facility. If they run out of time the droids in the facility wake up and start to attack the group. A WH can hack them out from a hidden console in the facility, but someone has to stay down with the console if any parts of the hack is failed. 

2. Base Retake (Original I hope) Off World Required: 1 EC (Tactical Droid), lots of teleporters

We planned to go help a random planet that had a distress but while on the venator we realize another battle group has beaten us there. So we turn the Venator around to go back home when a CIS cruiser pulls us out of Hyperspace to gloat to us that they have taken Anaxes from us. The cruiser runs away through hyperspace while we rush back to base. When we get back and change maps a GM has to place teleporters in the Battalion Bunks hallway, NCC Spawn, Jedi Temple LAAT, and Brig (SOB is fine at Cairo) to teleport us to a new FOB like Aurek or Zeta. We will be separated into 2 squads: Base retake and FOB retake. Base Retake will obviously go back to base to clear out all of the CIS and FOB retake will go and obviously retake all of the FOBs. The EC will be a super tactical droid that has taken over NCC. They have a 20-30 minute timer until the tactical droid downloads and leaks all of the NCC information. (We know this because Naval will be informed of their system being hacked.

3. BIOWEAPON AMBUSH!!! (Extension of recommendation) Off World Required: WH, Pilots/ENG with AA, 3 EC (2 Senators, 1 droid) 

A routine protection for an election on Alderaan that went almost perfect. A senator electorate that knew he was going to lose called for CIS to rain hell. The CIS arrive in a munificent and drop some drop pods but no droids come out. A large gas cloud emits from each drop pod. A deadly gas that can result in NPK/FPK if suit not sealed. The Senator being extremely mad at the CIS for their extremist response sides with the republic to help them find his droid informant on Alderaan. After the droid is found and captured a WH hacks into the droid to stop the gas leak. Pilots take off to take out the Cruiser and AAs are placed on the ground as well. If the GM decides it should be dead now within 5-10 min the cruiser either blows up on the spot or takes off into hyperspace where it's systems fail and the cruiser explodes in space. If the timer is up and the GM decides it isn't dead the players can choose to let them escape or a Venator chase down.

4. Blackout Killers (Original) On World Required: 3 ECs (2 Sith Attackers and a BX droid) ENG (A lot of them) Possible: EOD and Trial for Jedi or FPK

The generator shuts off mysteriously, flash lights wont work, and comms go dark a few minutes later. The door to the generator room wont open. So while a WH or ENG starts to open the door 2 Sith uncloak from the corners and start attacking them then rampaging through the base killing all that are spotted (no camping spawn or gen). People go back to repair the generator after the generator is repaired and the Sith are confirmed dead or captured. Status 4 is called and everyone goes to debrief. Navy announces that their comms are jammed and the signal is on Anaxes multiple search parties are deployed to find a jammer at a FOB that is protected by the CIS with lots of droids including BX droid EC (Returns until jamming device is blown up, deactivated, or destroyed.

5. Attack on the Jedi Council! (Original) On World Required: 2-3 ECs (2 EX droids and Sith) 104th HN, Jedi Council Member, Jedi Padawan. Possible: Jedi Trial or FPK

The base is attacked from the AUX hangar bay, while the troops are distracted 2 EX droids and a Sith enter the temple with the intention of taking holocrons and Jedi books. A Jedi council member senses the dark force user entering the temple so the Council Member and a Padawan retreat to the temple with some clones. As the Sith is distracting the Council member the EX droids take out any clones then shoot sedative darts at each of the Jedi knocking out both of them. Naval comms into the group that went to the temple and after no response but a slight sound of dragging and someone unknown shouting orders is heard over a clones radio a larger strike team is sent into the temple. The EX droids are holding both of the Jedi on the Temple stairs and the Sith has his/her sabers next to their necks. Both of the Jedi wake up while the hostage negotiator is doing his thing. The council member can use a group push/repulse that will save him but possible kill or injure the Padawan 70+roll=Padawan's safety, 45-69 roll=Padawan's limb gets torn off while the EX droid is flying off, 20-44 roll = The EX droids hold a tight grip and the Sith is pushed slightly forward, angers the group. 1-19 The Padawan gets both his arms ripped off from the push and dies from blood loss on the floor. Council member is safe.

• Like 1

-1 Don't know if this is a valid reason for a minus 1 your event ideas are great but ill never turn back on the time in the MRP TS you made fun of a certain leader and brought up things that would personally not even be any joking slander making fun of them for personal reasons and bringing up mean comments for no reason.

Edited by Gabeisthat
  • Haha 1

+1

2 hours ago, Gabeisthat said:

-1 Don't know if this is a valid reason for a minus 1 your event ideas are great but ill never turn back on the time in the MRP TS you made fun of a certain leader and brought up things that would personally not even be any joking slander making fun of them for personal reasons and bringing up mean comments for no reason.

While I wasn’t around at this time on MRP, at least I think, this does not warrant a -1 in my opinion. Strom at least on SWRP has in my experience just been a chill guy, never seen him get heated or anything. Realistically, MRP can sort of spawn toxicity and I don’t think its fair to judge him on this. If anything it has been a long time and he hasn’t made any problems on the SWRP server from what I’ve seen.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1