Global Garry's Mod Update [06/30/2022]

• The Garnut

logo.png

Hello everybody, I will be dedicating the entirety of the next 2 days (HOPEFULLY LIVE ON JULY 1st) to compress all data across our servers, as to lead to quicker server start-up and connection time. This means I'll be manually creating packs for each server you will be downloading, consisting of all the weapons on our server, as well as all our models in one large 2-3GB download, as opposed to many smaller downloads sizing at 10-100MB each.

The downside of this is if your client fails to download one file, you will likely be missing heaps of content for the server, as opposed to an occasional error here and there which users currently experience when they may fail to download a file for the server on first join. A very strong upside for the 95% of people who download the files without issues, I expect to be able to connect to a server like MilitaryRP in as little as 2 minutes, as opposed to 3-4. StarwarsRP people I also am expecting a range of 2-3 minutes, as opposed to 5-7.

When it comes to DarkRP, I will unfortunately be having to keep things mostly as-is, because our server heavily relies on files users should already have downloaded, IE: the ever famous M9K weapons pack, leading to the "NO DOWNLOADS" tag.

• Like 7
  • Winner 2
  • The Garnut
7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Had enough of “Hey Garnet, what’s the link for the content pack?” 🤣

More like the StarwarsRP server is trying to start with 500 addons, and our host has a flawed system he doesn't even understand/can't shut off which determines the server as "offline" while it's half way through loading our addons -_-

• Informative 2

Could you post a official add on list for city rp if you do not intend to compress those? Whenever I join some of the cars are errors and unfortunately despite spending hours troubleshooting I have not found a solution to this yet, and I am unsure what addon you use so I cannot download it directly 😞

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
2 hours ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

Could you post a official add on list for city rp if you do not intend to compress those? Whenever I join some of the cars are errors and unfortunately despite spending hours troubleshooting I have not found a solution to this yet, and I am unsure what addon you use so I cannot download it directly 😞

Simple enough, these are the cars we use lol

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=140550510

• Like 1
  • The Garnut

UPDATE: Almost finished with this... update..

Seeing amazing results that I did not even expect 😮 

StarwarsRP results:

BEFORE

1:58 for server to prepare files (first step of server startup)

4:12-6:31 minutes to full server startup time DEPENDING ON EVENT MAP

3:00-5:00 to connect depending on the system 

AFTER

1:13 for server to prepare files (first step of server startup)

2:32-3:51 minutes to full server startup time DEPENDING ON EVENT MAP

1:50-3:00 to connect depending on the system 

MilitaryRP results:

BEFORE

0:43 for server to prepare files (first step of server startup)

1:53 minutes to full server startup time

1:50-3:00 to connect depending on the system 

AFTER

0:29 for server to prepare files (first step of server startup)

1:08 minutes to full server startup time DEPENDING ON EVENT MAP

1:15-2:00 to connect depending on the system 

• Like 8
  • Winner 1
  • The Garnut

Andddd CityRP is done as well 🙂

No need to spend time on testing, and I know CityRP will see the biggest benefits being that there's so many car packs installed on the server that could've been condensed. I expect preparation time dipped from around the mind 2 seconds to 30 seconds, and time for connection to have gone from 3.5 minutes to 1.

• Like 2
  • Spicy 1