DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

ez base

0vrated

1 hour ago, SGTMoe said:

Wait I don't understand what exactly it is? You want to put a base location inside a base location? Don't most people just put there dupes down? 

you are not allowed to base there as of right now because "it is not behind a ownable door" so i just wanna make it so you can

45 minutes ago, 0vrated said:

you are not allowed to base there as of right now because "it is not behind a ownable door" so i just wanna make it so you can

the secret is having enough rep or pull on the server to get away with it. Partly because they know you will have at least built your base correctly, but mostly the rep thing.

Edited by Pluto_
  • Friendly 1
1 hour ago, 0vrated said:

You are allowed to base in both the Waterfall and Cave. Adding anything additional to these locations I feel would mess up players dupes, so I'm gunna -1

However I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of new area to base in our new addition, I just wouldn't know where and what to implement there.

• You may only base in a building with purchasable doors. (the waterfall and cave base are the only exceptions)
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1

Does aim accuracy go down when you're on a ladder? If so, wouldn't it violate this rule if the base owner places a fading door right against that ladder?

Do not set up an unfair advantage in a firefight within your base 

Sounds exploitable to me and hard to enforce, so -1 if the answer to my question is yes, otherwise neutral. I think there are other open area options that I would be more in favor of allowing as bases, like that water canal area in industrial.

Edited by UrdnotWrex
Updated after seeing below clip

Only concern I have is the ladder. Gonna stay neutral. That being said I do feel bad when I have to tell people to pack it up after taking a report for a base in this location. The base that can be entered from the sewer by PD also has a ladder so maybe its not an issue 

• Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator

Neutral

I don't mind the idea of adding this location as it's just unused space at the moment, plus it would be cool to see what kind of things people come up with. The only concerns I have is the ladder, but as Salteens said, there is another base that has an entrance from the sewers via a ladder, although all of the bases I have seen allow for the raider to at least climb to the top and stand on a platform before breaking in or cracking any keypads to make things fair. So I guess I'm in the middle on this one, I can't decide. 

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, 0vrated said:

how would this mess up any dupes

Lol I am still tryna understand everything okay so as far as waterfall and cave I have dupes that fill that entrance and have doors available. If we added anything there I feel it would just get in way of my props. As far as that section of basing goes I honestly really would like to plus one it. I just don't know how it could be implemented with 0 possible issues. Chris and salt make good points.

29 minutes ago, SGTMoe said:

Lol I am still tryna understand everything okay so as far as waterfall and cave I have dupes that fill that entrance and have doors available. If we added anything there I feel it would just get in way of my props. As far as that section of basing goes I honestly really would like to plus one it. I just don't know how it could be implemented with 0 possible issues. Chris and salt make good points.

His recommendation is to add the ladder area (from the screenshot) to the list of approved baseable areas, similar to how the waterfall and cave locations are allowed. I don't think it's to alter or change anything about those other two locations, so I don't see how it would affect any dupes.

• Informative 1
5 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

allow for the raider to at least climb to the top and stand on a platform before breaking in or cracking any keypads to make things fair.

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

That spot is in a prime location with huge potential, and it's a genuine skyrise.  

Edited by Pluto_
3 hours ago, UrdnotWrex said:

His recommendation is to add the ladder area (from the screenshot) to the list of approved baseable areas, similar to how the waterfall and cave locations are allowed. I don't think it's to alter or change anything about those other two locations, so I don't see how it would affect any dupes.

I completely misunderstood this... Okay he just wants to add that location to the bases you don't need a door to base at I understand 🙂 Yeah um if we could maybe implement a ruling that makes sure players give you a chance to get up later first would be cool.

Edited by SGTMoe
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Possible bugs (a door would need to be properly aligned, you can't just place down a door there without recreating a whole map file or add on a new addon which could make the server lag a bit more). Still is a cool idea, I've wanted to base there before but there is still multiple other buildings that can be utilized. Adding a door to that location would just be too much works in the server files for such a little thing.