DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

staff application

Durham

In-game name: 11B DS SGM Durham

Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 15

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:563079783

Warns: Sinister 6/09/2020 (RDM,) Ozzy 22/01/2021(Toxicity,) Valor 20/03/2021 (Self Damage,) Five Nights At Freddys Role Play 15/04/2021 (Self Damage)

Timezone: CST

Playtime? [minimum 100 hours, use /playtime in-game]: 11B DS SGM Durhazm has played for 127:30

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO]

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: [YES/NO]

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] no one

Past experiences as staff: [Optional] 

How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I have come back to the server seeing many new changes to the server overall, which are very positive. However, after spending my time on the server recently quite a bit I have noticed that many areas could use some assistance. I am a player that plays quite a bit throughout the day including past midnight and I have noticed that a lot of mingy players tend to cause more harm throughout the night than day. I would be able to assist the staff team in not only removing players that have no interest in actually playing but also assisting them in making them realize that there are things to do on the server other than mass rdming and then getting banned. New players need a sense of duty even though they are new upon arrival so that they know they can do something even as a new player. 

There have been situations where the staff team has instantly banned someone for massing rdming, but I believe a talk with the player before the ban would be beneficial. This would separate us from many servers as many staff members just ban the players right away, but talking to them first allows them to see that we care about our players, and we are not just removing them instantly for their behavior. I believe I could help in this sense quite a lot. Secondly, I know I can assist in tping players for tryouts, events, and such as portals were removed so I would help in this sense even with my experience as staff already. There are many suggestions that I have to help new players on both sides. One would be having multiple squadrons where there would be one experienced player (officer,) and multiple new players. This would allow this one officer to give knowledge to the new players about general war, vehicle entry/exit, how to put on attachments on weapons, and generally where the objectives are, and why you should go to the objective and not other ones when its a one obj war. Lastly, I know I can assist the staff team in making decisions, and generally making MRP an enjoyable, and non-toxic safe community. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details

a few weeks ago i was banned for two weeks for a mass RDM 

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:

None recently.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Weekdays 5+ hours, Weekends varies, but 5 to 10 hours

-1 You would probably make a good staff but your passed warns and ban shows your not staff material currently. You are also relatively new to the server and as a US Army main I don't know who your are. This is mainly because your not active in team speak or discord. I'd recommend to get to know the community better before you become staff.

6 hours ago, Durby124 said:

There have been situations where the staff team has instantly banned someone for massing rdming, but I believe a talk with the player before the ban would be beneficial. This would separate us from many servers as many staff members just ban the players right away, but talking to them first allows them to see that we care about our players, and we are not just removing them instantly for their behavior.

6 hours ago, Durby124 said:

New players need a sense of duty even though they are new upon arrival so that they know they can do something even as a new player. 

I'm okay with where you're going with the overall application, however, paragraphs are okay, but at the least your first paragraph could use some beefing up and I will also say the warn for toxicity and the 2 weeks ban for Mass RDM, kind of caught my attention more than the rest of them. If the staff team were to just "talk" to someone that intentionally masses, the majority of the time they wouldn't care about what we would have to say because they know what they are doing when they do it, If they unintentionally Mass there is a different punishment for that, As well as knowing that there is a part of their recruit training that tells them about how RDM or Random death match is against the server rules. The victims of the Mass RDM would more than likely lose their minds over seeing/hearing that the person that massed, just got a slap on the wrist, and a fierce talking to. The rules are set in place and are publicly available for anyone and everyone to read. If they chose not to read the rules and decide to break them, the consequence will not change, in this sense I feel as if you took your experience with staff and put it on this application. Also New players being given a sense of duty falls upon the Enlisted that know and play the game and have been around longer than they have. It's not just up to the officers to take them and show them the ropes and that can give them a mission, there are quests they can do and also, enlisted that are Corporal and above can take them out of base to patrol, there is plenty of things they can do. The Majority of the things you have listed are, or should be getting taught at the recruitment stage of them joining the server. I am going to -1 this mainly because I haven't seen you in the server, probably because you are relatively new, and because of the warns you have received, alongside the Ban for mass, get to know the people of the server and for lack of a better phrase, Get the community on your side and later on I feel that you'd do great!

Current:                                 

Mil-RP VIP Mod | Tali Marshal York

You copied my warns from my staff app that got accepted word for word, not sure why. Secondly, I'm not aware of who you are therefore I will say try to be more active in joining ts, and generally reaching out to players to make sure you have a good bond with everyone :).

1 minute ago, Valor said:

You copied my warns from my staff app that got accepted word for word, not sure why. Secondly, I'm not aware of who you are therefore I will say try to be more active in joining ts, and generally reaching out to players to make sure you have a good bond with everyone :).

Just realized you copied my whole application, hard -1 from me