DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MilitaryRP Update [09/17/2018]

Nutter

• The Garnut

Garnet Gaming

EVERY PERCENT MATTERS

Had a little chat with @Duel looking for a way to make wars more engaging/interesting. Together we came up with this weird solution that may or may not work, however, it will be implemented on the server for testing over the next few days/weeks.

Peace time has been extended by 15 minutes

60>75

War time has been extended by 5 minutes

25 > 30

The refresh tick which calculates an objective's domination percentage has been adjusted to be 1200% slower

Garnet pl0x remember you made this change in sv_core

Every 5 seconds > 48 seconds

TL;DR/I don't understand this update

Objectives now take a minimum of 20 minutes to capture, and once they are captured, they are not able to be overtaken (permanently locked). This should in theory encourage participants in war to stay on a given objective and NOT push forward/basecamp, because missing a tick and not gaining cap on an objective can mean that the objective will potentially go unclaimed for the rest of the war.

Additionally, when there are less than 50 players on and morons choose to deem the war an all-objective-war, they will be unable to claim a single objective on their own. With a single person capping an objective, the maximum claim they'll be able to achieve would be 31%. This will theoretically force players to cooperate at all times of the day.

• Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Spicy 1
  • The Garnut
3 minutes ago, Vibe said:

In my opinion, 75 seconds is too much. 60 seconds would mean it would take 20 minutes to cap an obj. the additional 10 minutes allows the war leader to see and figure out where enemy forces are deployed and then adjust accordingly.

I have actually just made adjustments to 48 seconds. It will take a minimum of 20 minutes to capture an objective.

• Like 1

Great update and looking forward to playing it, new cap system looks amazing to play as it'll help fix lots of issues ( lots of them have already been said ). Also love that the peace time has been extended as it'll lengthen RP based interactions, thank you for that. 

At first I was astonished and opposed to the idea that it would take 20 minutes to capture an objective. After thinking about it for an hour or so now, I've realized that this is actually a change that is needed. My concern isnt about basecamp, because as Duel mentioned, both sides can do it and it's a viable strategy. The problem that this would actually fix is shitty war leadership. In the past, wars were just trying to get as many people on an objective as possible and hopefully not having it taken over by a sudden rotate. It took very little coordination to do, and the faction placed on the objective had little to do with the outcome, unless it was an RPG or grenadier on comms. Now, however, stronger factions really do need to be on popular objectives, and it's more of a war instead of a glorified TDM with objectives. By putting the min cap time at 20 minutes, both factions will need to strategize in order to secure an objective. Rotates will have to be meaningful, and cannot just be haphazardly organized and put together. A successful war leader will actually need to do more thinking that just "base factions company, all SOC factory". I'm excited to see what this update proves to be in the long term. Thanks garnet!

Edited by Arizona
Spelling issues

i think you should lower peace time to back to 60m,  75m is way too long...

Also what if a team takes 3 objs at 20m the game is won so what do you thinks going to happen when you no longer need to defend objectives?

Edited by cyrus
57 minutes ago, cyrus said:

i think you should lower peace time to back to 60m,  75m is way too long...

Also what if a team takes 3 objs at 20m the game is won so what do you thinks going to happen when you no longer need to defend objectives?

I agree this update isnt one of my favorites.

(I do understand the reasoning and why it would seem to be better in the sense of 'less-TDM' gameplay, but it is somewhat to the extreme)

The extra 15 minutes for peace time is nice (especially for tryouts, you have no idea how much help 15 extra minutes can be). The cap time for an objective is a bit too long though. It doesn't seem like it but if the total cap time were a bit shorter (say by around 5 minutes, so a tick every 30-something seconds?) and we kept it as objectives stay locked but if no percent from the opposing country is on that objective 2 minutes 'after capture' (any percent resets and halts this specific timer), wars will be a bit more interesting. Countries can contest a point they really want so opposition will have to stay on that point rather than just doubling down on another one after capturing. This brings back the importance of a good war plan and rotations rather than entirely just numbers. I think the new changes put more importance on numbers and push it towards more of a TDM than it already was.

Edited by Fier
Added an extra bit at the top