DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

¤ Leaderboard System

Vortex

Description: [After seeing it on plenty other servers, I would like to introduce my twist on the idea of a leaderboard system. Contrary to most servers where they only show the wealthiest players (mostly on loading screens), this one would be situated under f4➙Info➙leaderboard and would display a variety of different categories, such as; Chess score, Totems acquired, Duels won, Playtime, Highest level, Richest players, etc... Potentially even a place to highlight staff of the month and include admin sit counts.]

Reasoning: [Fun idea and it will most certainly motivate players to play more and potentially hit the leaderboard of their dedicated category.]

Additional Information: [Feel free to send some feedback]

spacer.png

Edited by Vortex1
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
5 minutes ago, Wess said:

So more or less anything? 

Yes 
''would display a variety of different categories, such as; Chess score, Totems acquired, Duels won, Playtime, Highest level, Richest players'' all in different categories based on if its money balance, chess score or EXP level
Edited by Vortex1
  • Agree 2

I like the idea and I'm not staff but wanted to put my two cents, the toxicity he's talking about is the fight for the leaderboard and when someone reaches the top they'll have that big dick status which nobody likes. Server's good enough flexing your 100's of millions and your glitched items. Can't vote but not a good idea.

its a video game , if ur mad about someone flexing in a online game you shouldn't be playing online games tbh

BUT

i do think the leaderboard can create stupid drama, people will feel the need to break rules in order to gain on a "leaderboard" 

BUT IM GONNA

+1

I think there's potential if done correctly, it could be made into some kind of drp event time to time and maybe have rewards based on top 3.  there's a lot you can do with a leaderboard to not make it feel boring/repetitive. 

• Informative 1
  • Agree 1

Even having a toxic player as the "#1 DRP Garnet Player" on the leaderboard would still promote other players to pass them because they're annoying. Also I do not think that adding a leaderboard to DRP (which has an inherently toxic community) would change it by a noticeable amount toxicity wise. All in all, leaderboard is cool, it will give players motivation to do the 'small stuff' aside from prestige and mindlessly sitting in their bases. +1

21 minutes ago, MagicKrackers said:

when someone reaches the top they'll have that big dick status which nobody likes. Server's good enough flexing your 100's of millions and your glitched items.

These are not immediate issues. When you go onto the internet you should expect people to be weird and flex fake money and fake guns that don't actually exist. Just ignore it, it does not have an impact on your gameplay if you don't feed into it.

Edited by Kicks
  • Like 1

-1 If someone is above the rest they most likely will decide to abuse the power by showcasing there wealth and showing off
NEUTRAL
Doesn't seem that necessary for multiple reason's but I think some people might like it. I don't think having a leader board for every rank would be good tho 

Edited by Source
  • Dumb/Shitpost 4
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Source said:

If someone is above the rest they most likely will decide to abuse the power by showcasing there wealth and showing off

What power? it’s your name on a leaderboard, it grants absolutely nothing, tell me how that can be ‘’abused’’.

• Agree 2
3 hours ago, Vortex1 said:

What power? it’s your name on a leaderboard, it grants absolutely nothing, tell me how that can be ‘’abused’’.

Depending on the person Thats at the top depends on whether or not there going to brag about being there. Same goes for everything else

• Disagree 2