Map Cycle Suggestion

Description: Have a consistent cycle of maps that have been recently made that are changed weekly/monthly. Kinda like how SWRP switches maps for events but this switches maps for a certain period of time. 

Reasoning: The server can get very boring for players that have played for a while so switching stuff up a bit will keep us entertained. This can also give garnet time to work on new maps and when he makes those then they can be on the server for a bit longer and then they will be added to the map cycle. 

Additional Information: Pros : People will be entertained, a lot of people love a change in environments every once in a while. 

Problems that we will have : The new mission and inventory system will have to be made for every single map and this would take up a lot of time. My suggestion is to have a vote on if it should be removed or it stay, if it stays then this entire suggestion should be denied, If people don’t mind if it goes away then this suggestion could help out a lot. I haven’t spoke to a single person that really wants the missions/inventory system, if I am wrong please correct me but in my opinion this is not something mrp needs. Another problem might be that all of the maps will take up a lot of space, I am not sure how this works so if this is a problem then explain it. Also I am not sure if anyone other than garnet can switch maps but this could probably be changed.

this suggestion was denied because the set map thing is kinda weird (idk read what garnet said). Also apparently 2-3 months is a short time, what I’m suggesting is a totally new thing and will change the server a lot. Also garnet said to suggest a switch in maps instead but when we do that he takes a very long time to do that and the mrp community rushes him and he ends up making an incomplete map. This suggestion wouldn’t  have players bugging garnet about a map change and maybe he can make an amazing map that is complete in that time. 
Nutter if you are reading this just please think about what the community wants, this could actually make them happy. Also weapon changes is a thing a ton of people want lol. Thanks for all the work you do.

if there are any questions or concerns please ask them before saying -1.

• Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
2 minutes ago, AnthonyThwompus said:

I’m just suggesting something that could give players a bit of change while they wait for a new map. 

Just wait for the new map? It's gonna be extra work for garnet because im sure people are gonna ask for changes / fixes on the placeholder map. 

just sit and be patient. Pay attention to the updates he puts out for map updates 

• The Garnut
8 hours ago, AnthonyThwompus said:

I’m just suggesting something that could give players a bit of change while they wait for a new map. 

You're completely fine buddy. We have a collection for 10 maps to switch between.

I'll be locking this and suggest you re-post this thread to instead create a poll for a map the playerbase would like me to swap out to. Once enough votes are received, I will happily swap it out within the week

• Like 3
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • 1 month later...