DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Nerf the Dragonlore from DarkRP

WohMi

Description: Nerf  the Dragonlore from DarkRP.  A nerf would consist of lowered accuracy while not scoped in,  decreased fire rate,  or decreased aimspeed while the Dragonlore is
                         equipped, a combination of these, or other suggestions.

Reasoning: The dragonlore is singlehandedly the most overpowered and PVP-meta warping weapon currently on DarkRP right now. Astronomical Damage (70~ to body, 300 to chest, 600 to head), 
            Unparalleled Accuracy (First Shot is legit laser accurate, continued fire tends to have a fire degree of any where from 1-7°  from crosshair  as well as High Capacity (10 Rounds) 
            and Decent Fire Rate (~54 RPM) for a "Sniper."

No other gun comes close to how strong the Dragonlore is, no other gun imitates what it does, and it is, without a doubt, the strongest gun on Garnet DarkRP.  
           Defending with it is a no brainer, just use a peek, shoot once, then wait  however long you feel like, or switch peeks. Trying to get into a Dragonlore Player's base, even with max 
            VIP HP & Armor, is nigh-impossible unless you have a Dragonlore yourself.  

Speaking of being on the Offense side of a raid with a Dragonlore, it's just as overpowered as defending with them. A simple flick from cracking a keypad into someone opening their peek to shoot you does massive amounts of damage,
          as I'm sure anyone who's ever been hit with a Dragonlore knows. 
          Non-Base-Raiding PVP is probably the area that the Dragonlore performs "worst" at, but it is still far and away the best choice of weapon for a scenario. With the accuracy, fire rate, and damage,
          all it takes is 1-3 shots to kill someone.

While I originally thought all it needed was a nerf to the damage, I felt that that wouldn't work out. The Dragonlore is obviously intended to be a strong, hard-hitting sniper rifle.
          However, with all of its current benefits, it is clearly overpowered and needs some way to hit it. My suggested changes brought into account the fact that it is a sniper rifle, and thus
          intended to be used from a distance and with single, precise shots, not running & leaping through the air and hip firing with it. 

As it stands, the current biggest Issue of the Dragonlore is that it is completely polarizing in the combat. No Gun does what the Dragonlore does better, and no gun beats it in any practical regards.
          I honestly originally thought about making a suggestion to remove it entirely, however I feel that that is too extreme, and also would be a pain in the ass, credit-side.
          Thus, I feel nerfs would benefit both the current meta and the server more.

I will be responding to meaningful posts on this thread, and look forward to people's thoughts on this. 
                                                                             Thank you,
                                                                                           - WohMi

Additional Information: [will add if it comes up]
  • Cringe 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

i agree and stuff but messing with items many people have paid a bunch of money for causes a ton of problems

if it is nerfed I guarantee some people will want a refund on the grounds of the gun not being what they initially paid for. 

If its nerfed garnet is gonna have to pick between two options: 1) No refunds (makes people mad) or 2) Refunds for anyone who wants one (big headache)

neutral bc of that

• Cringe 1
  • Agree 4
1 hour ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

i agree and stuff but messing with items many people have paid a bunch of money for causes a ton of problems

if it is nerfed I guarantee some people will want a refund on the grounds of the gun not being what they initially paid for. 

If its nerfed garnet is gonna have to pick between two options: 1) No refunds (makes people mad) or 2) Refunds for anyone who wants one (big headache)

neutral bc of that

I think that when you buy anything digital it is licensed to you. Managment holds the right to revoke or modify the product. But that isn't the only option. We could simply make other guns better, or other options. I think this gun is for sure a problem when over half the server uses it but its only accessable to those who have money to buy it or have money to run their computers afk'ing to get credits to have it for a measily hour. I think out of self interest people will keep voting not to nerf it and it will continue to have an effect on the way people play on the server.

• Agree 1

why are you making the same suggestion that was denied? 

1 hour ago, aidanpoppas123 said:

neutral bc of that

theres something called a TOS :), maybe give it a read?

• Cringe 2
  • Toxic 2
5 hours ago, Matzerum said:

I don't really see as much of a problem with this such as if you play a lot on the server, you're able to obtain a temporary dlore from just playtime in the credit shop. Also agree with people donating shouldn't have their stuff nerfed either. 

16 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

This exact same suggestion was literally just denied? I posted my response in there:

You both misinterpreted what I was going for in the suggestion. I know the dragonlore is accessible through credits. It could be the most accessible gun on Garnet for all I care and I'd still have a problem with it. My issue is that the gun is overpowered, and completely overshadows any and all other guns, leading to an essential monopoly on the PVP meta.

15 hours ago, Wess said:

Better donate 😉 -1 

15 hours ago, Salteeeens said:

-1 can’t take mah guns 

These are the other responses I expected, the Dragonlore users who don't want the weapon nerfed. While I can obviously understand you guys not wanting your overpowered gun to be nerfed, it should be for the sake of fairness, which is why in my suggestion I didn't take the nuclear option and say "REMOVE THE DRAGONLORE" or "MAKE IT DEAL 5 DAMAGE." Your gun will still be good if the suggestions take place, just not overpowered and meta-warping.

Edited by WohMi
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
17 minutes ago, WohMi said:

You both misinterpreted what I was going for in the suggestion. I know the dragonlore is accessible through credits. It could be the most accessible gun on Garnet for all I care and I'd still have a problem with it. My issue is that the gun is overpowered, and completely overshadows any and all other guns, leading to an essential monopoly on the PVP meta.

The post that was just denied also suggested a nerf? I understand what you're saying, but it was discussed and denied already. Here's my response to the last post which applied here too:

qkpNNBc.png

• Cringe 1
41 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

The post that was just denied also suggested a nerf? I understand what you're saying, but it was discussed and denied already. Here's my response to the last post which applied here too:

qkpNNBc.png

Obviously, you can use other weapons to defend your base. The Dragonlore just is the best weapon to defend... and attack... and PVP with. It's not just "cool to have," it's broken. And again, your response on the other suggestion seems that the person had the presumption that you could only get it through donating, which, as I've said, is not true. Nerfing it would definitely be fair; nerfs happen in video games all the time, and it's not "unfair" to the people who are using the overpowered thing, it's making it fair for everyone who doesn't regularly have/use the overpowered thing. Garnet has shown that he's not unwilling to modify donator weapons before (the Machete is a great example), so I don't think people would be too upset. And honestly, if they're upset that their overpowered gun got nerfed so now it's actually fair to play against without using the Dragonlore itself, tough beans.

• Agree 3
37 minutes ago, WohMi said:

Obviously, you can use other weapons to defend your base. The Dragonlore just is the best weapon to defend... and attack... and PVP with. It's not just "cool to have," it's broken. And again, your response on the other suggestion seems that the person had the presumption that you could only get it through donating, which, as I've said, is not true. Nerfing it would definitely be fair; nerfs happen in video games all the time, and it's not "unfair" to the people who are using the overpowered thing, it's making it fair for everyone who doesn't regularly have/use the overpowered thing. Garnet has shown that he's not unwilling to modify donator weapons before (the Machete is a great example), so I don't think people would be too upset. And honestly, if they're upset that their overpowered gun got nerfed so now it's actually fair to play against without using the Dragonlore itself, tough beans.

Nerfs do happen in other games, sure. The difference is however that you purchase the game, not the weapon in those cases. Many people have already said they'd be unhappy with a weapon they paid 30 dollars for get nerfed after the fact, and totally I agree that it wouldn't be fair.

If you're saying that the D'Lore is "just is the best weapon to defend... and attack... and PVP with" then it's already balanced, nobody is at a disadvantage if it works in all cases by your own words. I don't agree personally, I think that other weapons can be just as good as the D'Lore, and as I said before, I went a long time using other weapons before I bought one because I didn't see it as necessary, it's just cool to have.

Looking at it from a basers point of view and as mentioned in the last suggestion, there are a lot of different base designs and some even favour shotguns over a scoped rifle. The factors involved in defending a base are design and strategy, one weapon makes little difference to the effectiveness of a bases defence. In fact in the past I used to challenge myself to defend my base using just a HK45 pistol, because I knew my design and strategy were good. Having a D'Lore doesn't change the factors, it's just nice to have.

Looking at it from a raiders point of view, the preferred weapons are more likely to be RPG's, Matadors, Nitro, Nerve Gas, etc. In some of the best raids I've seen, strategy is again more important than weapons. I've had people raid me before without firing a single shot, because they noticed I'd go AFK (out for a cigarette) every time I replaced my coolers, and so they simply waited for that (I was quite impressed honestly). Even without studying peoples routines, luring someone to their entrance before hitting it with a barrage of rockets is also a tried and tested method of success. So again, a D'Lore doesn't aid in the best methods of raiding that I've seen, it's just nice to have.

So to summarise, nerfing it would be unfair to those who've paid for it already, and it's available to all and balanced in that sense, isn't the best weapon in every scenario, and doesn't change much in the way of raiding or defending a base. So in the end nerfing it would just make people annoyed without doing anything to change the games balance. But again, this suggestion has already been denied before, I'm just elaborating to answer your questions.

• Cringe 1
8 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

Nerfs do happen in other games, sure. The difference is however that you purchase the game, not the weapon in those cases. Many people have already said they'd be unhappy with a weapon they paid 30 dollars for get nerfed after the fact, and totally I agree that it wouldn't be fair.

As a leauge of ledgends player, back when i had a better job, I frequently bought champions for them to be nerfed in 2-3 weeks.  I bought them because they were broken and I wanted to stomp people. When the dragonline gets nerfed, people will have to just accept it and play with a blanced rifle. This doesn't sound unreasonable to me at all. For the betterment of our community.

Edited by Mittens
  • Like 1
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Toxic 1
23 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

Looking at it from a basers point of view and as mentioned in the last suggestion, there are a lot of different base designs and some even favour shotguns over a scoped rifle. The factors involved in defending a base are design and strategy, one weapon makes little difference to the effectiveness of a bases defence. In fact in the past I used to challenge myself to defend my base using just a HK45 pistol, because I knew my design and strategy were good. Having a D'Lore doesn't change the factors, it's just nice to have.

There is no way you are saying that defending with an HK45C and a Dragonlore has no/little difference. Suggesting that the HK/other weapons are just as functional as the Dragonlore is straight up a reach.

Re: Machete Nerf. The machete used to be able to be thrown, and now it cannot be. Garnet has nerfed paid Donor weapons in the past for balancing issues.

Looking at it from a raiders point of view, the preferred weapons are more likely to be RPG's, Matadors, Nitro, Nerve Gas, etc.

Those are not weapons in the same sense of the Dragonlore. You are not going to be on door 2/4 in a raid and shoot someone with an rpg who's using a peek. What you have are weapons which occupy a completely different niche than the Dragonlore, and I guess you're right in a sense; the Dragonlore CAN'T hit people through props. But if that's the only downside to this gun, then you're reaching.

If you're saying that the D'Lore is "just is the best weapon to defend... and attack... and PVP with" then it's already balanced, nobody is at a disadvantage if it works in all cases by your own words. I don't agree personally, I think that other weapons can be just as good as the D'Lore, and as I said before, I went a long time using other weapons before I bought one because I didn't see it as necessary, it's just cool to have.

The weapon ISN'T balanced, because it is the best weapon in all scenarios. I cannot name one hitscan weapon that practically outperforms the Dragonlore, and I feel you'd be hard-pressed to find one that does. The #1 issue is that the weapon outperforms ALL OTHER weapons in all meaningful PVP aspects. With the Dragonlore outperforming every other gun on the server and the only reliable check to that weapon is itself, that's not "balance." You have an overpowered top-tier weapon that needs to be nerfed for the sake of balance.

To illustrate my point better, imagine a game of rock paper scissors. now imagine that rock beats both paper, and scissors. You now have the dragonlore.

Edited by WohMi
clarification
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I stand by what I said, but I'll put my money where my mouth is and offer you a challenge if you're up for it.... if you are able to raid my base using any of the weapons in the game, while I defend with just a HK45, I'll buy you a D'Lore? 🙂 We'll do it this weekend if you'd like?

• Spicy 1
  • Agree 1