DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Dan Gardner Resignation

• DarkRP Administration Team
3 hours ago, Dan Gardner said:

I was already thinking about resigning. While Staff on Duty I saw Glorbnob get false arrested and decided to fly in thru the back, in order to disturb no one else, and ask him if he got arrested for a reason. The SWRP player decided to not even speak to me and just change my job to Citizen when I was one of the only staff taking reports for 2+ hours at the time.

In short, GMod, let alone staffing, no longer seems like its worth my time. If you think I'm overreacting go ahead and throw the -reacts on the posts and forget about me in a week, no difference

Im not going to throw you -1 reacts by any means because I think you’ve done some great work for sure and I’m sad to see you go, you’re a great guy. But it sounds like you made a small mistake of entering a base without a report just based on what you’ve said. Glorb is a DRP manager, not just a SWRP player, and a well respected one at that. If he set your job as a subtle reminder then I totally agree and he’s been lenient in fairness to you, we all make silly mistakes even with good intentions. I’ve messed up before too, I’ve been set to staff on duty a long time ago to help take reports where I wasn’t, and I’ve learned and progressed from it, and now do the same to others, not to be mean but so they learn the same lessons I once did. Don’t be put down, you’re still great and nobody will judge you by one small mistake mate. It’s awesome that you care and it’s a shame you’ve left over something so minor, if that’s all it was. But it’s your decision at the end of the day, and I just hope you’re doing ok and that things work out well for you 🙂

• Disagree 4
9 minutes ago, ChrisRid said:

Im not going to throw you -1 reacts by any means because I think you’ve done some great work for sure and I’m sad to see you go, you’re a great guy. But it sounds like you made a small mistake of entering a base without a report just based on what you’ve said. Glorb is a DRP manager, not just a SWRP player, and a well respected one at that. If he set your job as a subtle reminder then I totally agree and he’s been lenient in fairness to you, we all make silly mistakes even with good intentions. I’ve messed up before too, I’ve been set to staff on duty a long time ago to help take reports where I wasn’t, and I’ve learned and progressed from it, and now do the same to others, not to be mean but so they learn the same lessons I once did. Don’t be put down, you’re still great and nobody will judge you by one small mistake mate. It’s awesome that you care and it’s a shame you’ve left over something so minor, if that’s all it was. But it’s your decision at the end of the day, and I just hope you’re doing ok and that things work out well for you 🙂

I think he means he flew into the PD jail.

• DarkRP Administration Team
6 minutes ago, HtmlRoot said:

I think he means he flew into the PD jail.

I know, that’s what I meant by a silly mistake. Flying into a base (which includes the PD) as staff on duty, without an active report is punishable.

As I say, we all make silly mistakes, but what can truly set us apart is how we deal with them and move forwards. Dan’s a great guy and was a great staff member who made a small mistake. But I feel he was dealt with fairly, and it’s sad to see him go over something so silly.

I respect it Dan. At the end of the day we're grown ass men just trying to help the server, obviously you meant nothing malicious by it, but it is what it is. Didn't know you too long but you helped me out quite a bit when I started playing again, put in work on the sits too. Wish you nothing but the best my guy! 

2 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

I know, that’s what I meant by a silly mistake. Flying into a base (which includes the PD) as staff on duty, without an active report is punishable.

As I say, we all make silly mistakes, but what can truly set us apart is how we deal with them and move forwards. Dan’s a great guy and was a great staff member who made a small mistake. But I feel he was dealt with fairly, and it’s sad to see him go over something so silly.

It was less the punishment, more the petty attitude that I got from the situation. I don't want to drag the guys' rep into the mud but in the moment I felt like he just did not want to handle it in any way but just booting me off the class. I might have overreacted but the last straw is the last straw, on top of the fact that my motivation to even be on the server has been at an all time low.

• Agree 4
8 hours ago, Dan Gardner said:

It was less the punishment, more the petty attitude that I got from the situation. I don't want to drag the guys' rep into the mud but in the moment I felt like he just did not want to handle it in any way but just booting me off the class. I might have overreacted but the last straw is the last straw, on top of the fact that my motivation to even be on the server has been at an all time low.

Regardless, you were somewhat of a staple for garnet gaming. I never knew you to well but people are ALWAYS talking about you in a positive way. We all make mistakes, and people can be dicks sometimes and you shouldn’t let that get you mad or upset. Now I’m not saying that you are not allowed to have emotions as that is a normal human thing, but rather learn to get over it, and it can get to you but you need to overcome it. It is understandable that you want to leave  and I would to. I say you take that break but as ghostie said not “goodbye” and rather “next time” hope to see you again and keep it 100 man.

• Winner 1
  • Agree 2