DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Idea for new items in the f8 menu

After seeing that not all items in the f8 menu are bought with points, like the Halloween event items. I got to thinking about other ways items could be put into the game that are also earned as opposed to bought with points. I think it would be cool to find a way to make an earnable item for joining the TeamSpeak or Discord, maybe one for joining the forums, or playing other garnet gmod servers. There could be one related to the SWRP server, City RP server, TTT Server, or even the Garnet servers on other games. I'm not sure if this is even possible to implement but I figured I'd throw it out there. 

• Like 1
  • Creative 1

There comes an issue with what you suggest, and that's how to verify you've joined the forums or teamspeak/discord. How would you ever hook something into TeamSpeak to automatically check if your in it? I think this idea is easier said then done.

To verify your in it, you'd have to link a sort of hook from TeamSpeak to steam and from the gmod server to TeamSpeak. The sort of system that would be required are atleast to my knowledge, outside of the realm of possibility for the server.

Edited by HtmlRoot
19 hours ago, HtmlRoot said:

There comes an issue with what you suggest, and that's how to verify you've joined the forums or teamspeak/discord. How would you ever hook something into TeamSpeak to automatically check if your in it? I think this idea is easier said then done.

To verify your in it, you'd have to link a sort of hook from TeamSpeak to steam and from the gmod server to TeamSpeak. The sort of system that would be required are atleast to my knowledge, outside of the realm of possibility for the server.

That's why I added that I wasn't sure if this is possible to implement, in my original post. However if it were possible, I'm not sure if it is or not still, I think it would grow the Garnet community a bunch. There would be more reason to give the other servers a shot, since many only stick to one server. It would also grow the Discord and the Teamspeak. I completely understand what you're saying though.

edit: It could totally be done for the forums, at the very least. The forums are already linked to your steam account, that's why you can buy things here and they're added to your gmod account. I also believe it could be done for playing on other Garnet gmod servers. As for Discord and Teamspeak, maybe not. 

Edited by hooboododoMartian
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I think this is a really creative way to increase engagement community-wide, so on face value I like the idea. However it would be difficult to implement and most likely require a SA to manually check and then give every person the reward which is the main reason for my -1. On top of that, I think a lot of people tend to ignore incentives to join other things if they aren't already interested; if they are interested then they'll likely venture into the forums / TeamSpeak / other servers on their own. So good idea, but I don't think it will work in practice.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines