DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

1998 Toyota Corolla's Staff Application

1998Corolla

In-game name: 1998 Toyota Corolla
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:53093120
Warns: No warns
Timezone: MST
Playtime?: 657:35:07
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Mic yes, I can DL TS. 
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
Referral(s): Proggy didn't exactly refer me, but had said I should do it when I had mentioned I was thinking of applying. A few players have been suggesting I apply over the course of a few weeks or had thought I was staff.
Past experiences as staff: I was a Lead Server Admin (equivalent to a GG Manager [Server & Forums]) for a Counter Strike Source server for 3 years, total admin time on the community for about 5 years. Handled bans, un-bans, admin training, forum management, etc. If by chance, you've seen me use my (counter) bind in game, I do have over 4000hrs in CS:S mostly just from being an admin. 

Why should we choose you over other applicants? I would like to say that firstly I know how difficult it can be to moderate and administrate a community, having done it for a number of years in CS:S. I have quite a lot of patience in cases that arise, and it's easy for myself to keep cool under circumstance. I find that I am able to understand the rules quite well, and follow them accordingly. I think overall, I've been quite engaged with people on the server and have had positive experiences with most. I have no active beef, or grievances with players and would (uncomfortably) say that I get along with everyone I play with. I certainly have some rust on me since departing CS:S in 2019, but GMOD (specifically GG) has sparked that interest back into me to dive back into moderation and to help the player base. 

Primarily I feel the most compelled to be part of a community by contributing more to a place I enjoy to play and to be able to help newer players. I was fairly new to DarkRP earlier this year and found the community helpful in letting me learn new things with GMOD and want to give back more to the community. I've been assisting newer players showing them building tips, how to use aspects of the prop menu, and also tips with the rules and jobs. Obviously, I don't need to be staff to continue doing this however being able to help players when they're getting frustrated with something (RDM, MPB, minge laws, etc.) is something I would like to be able to further assist with for the community.

I would think that overall, players can get frustrated when they're tying to play the game in a fair way and others are preventing them from doing so. Keeping the game fair and fun for the server is important especially to keep new players sticking around in the server. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? No GG bans on any server. 
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Around 3-4hrs / day on weekdays depending on my schedule. More on weekends. 
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I'm a multi-media artist.
Did you read the staff rules?: 1998 Toyota Corolla

Edited by 1998Corolla
  • Like 6
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 1

+1: ¡Finally! I don't have much to say for this one other than +1 🙂. Great application, good playtime, amazing person, super calm and always having fun in a healthy way and I reeeeally think that he's going to be an amazing asset for the staff team. Good luck!

• Like 2

Accepted

Welcome to the staff team!

Do not use any commands or switch to staff on duty until you receive training by a Lead Mod+ and fee free to contact an Admin+ if you are having issues finding one!

I see that you're ingame so I will set your rank.

• Like 1