DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Alter The Bail NPC

BINLADINHOE

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] Its a Super Super simple suggestion, As far as I know, the money we pay the bail NPC goes into the ether,
my suggestion is to simply change whenever someone pays bail money it automatically goes into the PD vault.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] It would make it so that its easier to fill the PD vault without raising taxes and the money wouldn't just disappear for no reason. 

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] I think you could just have it triggered so that whenever a player is bailed out using the bail NPC, the PD vault just gets the money it costs to bail them

If it is already this way then someone can hide this post but im like 70% sure that it just goes into the ether.

Edited by BINLADINHOE
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

+1

This would make bailing during a lockdown less of a slap-in-the-face to Cops but more of a payday. Maybe not the whole amount, but it wouldn't make sense to exclude bail money from the vault.

Added benefit is, that when someone sees a lot of bails happening in chat, that might cause a large-scale PD raid. I can't think of any negatives.

• Agree 2
20 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

Added benefit is, that when someone sees a lot of bails happening in chat, that might cause a large-scale PD raid. I can't think of any negatives.

I also think that if this is combined with my other suggestion it would help PD be MUCH more active and also make PD raiding a viable tactic which over all would improve the pace of the server.

• DarkRP Administration Team

neutral for now, the idea makes people want to be mayor more and pd raid more. the only down side i see is if you have a mayor who lets their friend in and lets them raid the vault all the time and never llets the cop in after a major bailouts which would suck no one would be able to raid it. +1 if it keeps gg vanilla.

19 minutes ago, Chawhead said:

the only down side i see is if you have a mayor who lets their friend in and lets them raid the vault all the time

That good sir is BLATANT FRP and is clearly against the rules lmao so I dont think we would have to worry about that...

• Spicy 1
  • Agree 1

+1

Awesome idea, I had no idea it didn’t go into the vault already to be honest, and it makes sense that it should.

I think Shank made great points too, from the PD’s perspective bailing is a good thing rather than a bad thing as they benefit from the money going into the vault (with them getting a share). Plus it also incentivises additional people to want to play as PD when they see that people are getting bailed, while also encouraging people to raid the PD vault. 

Great idea!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

ACCEPTED

This will be added to the server with 50% of the bail to be paid into the PD vault. This will help ensure that money is redistributed fairly and without the possibility of exploitation, while also encouraging more players to want to raid the PD more often, given that the vault will fill up much faster, adding to the RP element of the PD system.

Please note that accepted suggestions will not necessarily be implemented into the server, but rather passed over to the development team for a second opinion, at which point they are free to decide whether the implementation is feasible