Raiding Buff

Jaz-

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] So we all know that it is pretty much impossible to raid without getting 1 tapped by the dragonlore.
Here's what I've come up with to fix it 
Damage 
While cracking a keypad you have a 45% damage reduction buff (The percent is subject to change) I think that this is a fair buff due to how much of an advantage the defenders have over the raiders. 
This means that theoretically, a raider can now survive 3-5 shots from a dragon lore before dying, giving the raider a much better chance at killing the defender.
Keypad Crackers
Currently the keypad cracker takes around 10 seconds to break through a door. 
This gives the defender too much time in my opinion to peek at them and get the kill; especially when they have 4 doors to get through 
I believe the appropriate buff for this is to change the 10 seconds to break in to 7 seconds, giving the defender less time to peek at the raider before the raider gets through the door.
This also would speed up raids tremendously in multiple ways. 
IE: When a raider turns away to try and bait the defender to open their peek and has to do the 10 second keypad crack again. This usually happens alot in solo raiding. 
Fading doors
As of now fading doors can trap you pretty easily during a raid. 
To fix this, fading doors when cracked should stay open for the next 2-4 minutes to give the raider a little bit more breathing room. 
Also, you can easily transport printers out of the base when done (if they dont have a quick door)
This would overall speed up raids and make it less of a hassle just to get them darn printers over to your base!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] By balancing raiding and actually giving raiders a chance to kill the defender.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] N/A
Edited by Jaz-
Title didnt work for some reason
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team

While I don’t mind the idea of some balancing, like perhaps changing keypads to crack in 7 seconds instead of 10, I’m strongly against keeping fading doors open for several minutes, or adding a damage buff while cracking keypads. 

As a baser myself, I have (when I had more time on my hands) spent a ton of time on the server basing / farming. If it was too easy for someone to raid me then I probably wouldn’t have spent anywhere near as much time as I have done, given a good 40% of my time is made up of farming. Conversely, there’s an abundance of raiders who might hop on for an hour or two at most to raid. The trade off isn’t ideal in that sense. 

There will always be plenty of raiders, but the big-time farmers are in short supply these days it seems.

Edited by ChrisRid
  • Agree 2
6 hours ago, Jaz- said:

While cracking a keypad you have a 45% damage reduction buff (The percent is subject to change) And this stays for 4 seconds after you look away from the keypad

Neutral, as much as I like the ideas you presented, this one wouldn’t work because it could be used in defense aswell.

2 hours ago, Vortex1 said:

Neutral, as much as I like the ideas you presented, this one wouldn’t work because it could be used in defense aswell.

That would just be exploiting. 

6 hours ago, ChrisRid said:

If it was too easy for someone to raid me then I probably wouldn’t have spent anywhere near as much time as I have done

Well right now it’s way too easy for a defender to kill the raiders. Anyone with a decent base can kill a party of raiders with relative ease 

• Like 1

+1
I like this idea, I have nothing to contribute to the percentages. But I would like to think that this will make it easier for more bases to get raided.

I do think Nutter passed an update earlier that was supposed to for doors to stay open for 60 seconds after they cracked so maybe thats long enough as a timer but idk.

The only downside I can think to this, is people now spending even more time in their base because of how fast it would be to get it. = less interaction but thats alright.

19 hours ago, Jaz- said:

I believe the appropriate buff for this is to change the 10 seconds to break in to 7 seconds,

+1 I believe this would be fair, 10 seconds does seem like a very long time.

19 hours ago, Jaz- said:

To fix this, fading doors when cracked should stay open for the next 2-4 minutes

Massive -1, 2-4 minutes is way too long, this opens up opportunities for literally anyone walking by to easily counter your raid, or just raid and take everything you fought for, think about it the base would be wide open for 2-4 minutes, this would definitely hurt the raider more than the person being raided. I suggest a range from maybe 15-30 seconds for cracking fading doors if this change was to take place.

• 3 weeks later...

+1 on the damage reduction when raiding it makes sense cause I’ve myself killed like 6 ppl trying to raid me so easily as I’m good at making bases. It’s so easy to defend w a dragon lore or really any gun due to peeks and how long a door takes to crack  

-1  on the doors staying open long as that would give too many people opportunity to mess up a raid like ppl joining to minge or rdm they can walk in and just shoot with no adverts and also while you’re transporting printers they can come in and steal them 

2 hours ago, dmoney824 said:

-1  on the doors staying open long as that would give too many people opportunity to mess up a raid like ppl joining to minge or rdm they can walk in and just shoot with no adverts and also while you’re transporting printers they can come in and steal them 

Yeah but that would be rdm. And the point of countering is to stop a raid, is it not?? Why are you trying to prevent a core gameplay mechanic from happening? Also other people stealing printers in your raid is kos anyways. 

1 hour ago, StraightWhiteChristianMale said:

1 to everything expect the keypad speed buff

Can you please elaborate?

I really do like the idea of buffing raiding but I don't think this is it. I really think a much more simple and better solution would to make more rules around peaks, such as making them closer or bigger, so the player raiding can actually shoot back. Right now peaks are so small, they're pretty much impossible to shoot through from the perspective of the person raiding. I don't think your suggestion will fix how broken raiding currently is tbh.

Edited by hooboododoMartian
23 minutes ago, hooboododoMartian said:

I really do like the idea of buffing raiding but I don't think this is it. I really think a much more simple and better solution would to make more rules around peaks, such as making them closer or bigger, so the player raiding can actually shoot back. Right now peaks are so small, they're pretty much impossible to shoot through from the perspective of the person raiding. I don't think your suggestion will fix how broken raiding currently is tbh.

The thing is, I love pixel peeks. 

20 minutes ago, hooboododoMartian said:

But don’t u see that as long as people are using those peaks nothing we do to buff raiding will matter 

It’s not that hard to counter pixel peeks as long as you locate them. Just camp the spot. The buffs I made counter peeks in general. So in a way it does counter pixel peeks