DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Add advanced dupe for all

MRNICEGUY

Description: I want everyone over level 20 to have to advance dupe. this is because if you spend hours making a base and disconnect it will just disappear and you cant bring your progress back. this meaning that if you did give everyone over level 20 the advanced dupe it would make more people want to play also making more people want to strive to getting a higher level.

Reasoning: it would make more people want to play and make it less p2w

Additional Information: 

Level 20 is too easy to get and abuse AdvDupe2 with. Maybe something for if you get prestige 1/2 without AdvDupe to "earn" it but that would be quite rare.

It's actually easier + faster to earn ingame and trade for VIP than that, plus it helps support the server, which is the point behind donating.

Edited by ShankNinja
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 5
  • DarkRP Administration Team

As mentioned by others, the Adv. Dupe isn't pay-to-win, it just provides convenience. In fact I'd actually recommend that new players spend some time building bases and gradually improving, as it's quite an important learning process, while having the added benefit of encouraging exploration of the map and trying out new ideas. Regardless, the Adv. Dupe isn't a necessity and donating helps support the server financially. If you can't afford to buy VIP yourself, then as Shank said you could always trade with someone in-game (they buy you VIP for x-amount of RP cash) which is quite a common way of getting it actually 🙂

• Agree 2

-1: The recent incidents with adv dupe were caused by VIP members of the community I can't even imagine how this would go if everyone had access to adv dupe (I can actually imagine that and it would be a disaster).

Building a new base each time you hop on to play is not a problem, a lot of VIP members did that before getting VIP and like ChrisRid just mentioned it is essential for new players to learn how to build bases, I've seen numerous VIP players that use duped bases but barely know how to use the building tools or how to build a base overall.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 2
  • The Garnut

Advanced dupe is not a pay-to-win feature, it is a QOL feature to help you build. The reason it is blocked off to regular players due to the abusive nature of it. Even with it being walled off by $5 (or $20 if permanently) there's still plenty of players abusing it and getting banned on a weekly basis.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4