DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Small hobo rule rework

Gaming

Description: Hobos rules should be changed to allow for mugging.

Reasoning: As of right now the hobo experience is stale. Dumpster diving can be a semi-efficient way of grinding cash, but its tedious. If hobos were allowed to mug people, you'd see more muggings which would not only improve hobo gameplay, but the police too. I think this simple change could make the server even more engaging.

Edited by Gaming
Formatted
  • Disagree 1
10 hours ago, Gaming said:

Reasoning: As of right now the hobo experience is stale. Dumpster diving can be a semi-efficient way of grinding cash, but its tedious. If hobos were allowed to mug people, you'd see more muggings which would not only improve hobo gameplay, but the police too. I think this simple change could make the server even more engaging.

just switch to thief if you want to mug. It automatically unlocks and there's no limit to the amount of thieves so I don't see the benefit in allowing hobos to mug

• Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Hobos are traditionally played in one of two main ways:

• Perform for an audience in some way to receive donations (singing, playing guitar, comedian, etc)
  • Be annoying, throw your boot at players and micspam nonsensical rubbish (as hobos do)

The role is supposed to be neutral and doesn't work alongside either the criminal classes or the PD, and so allowing mugging would be strange (a bit like allowing PD to mug I guess), it's just not what the class is about. For this reason, it's unique and well suited for both old and new players alike, anyone who wants to be part of the action with a simplistic neutral class that doesn't need to worry about mugging, raiding, lockdowns, etc. 

If you do wish to mug people, the thief class exists for exactly this purpose, plus you aren't restricted to pistols (as hobos are) 👌

Edited by ChrisRid
  • 300 IQ 1