DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

dlore thread (presumably #900 or something)

mossly

Description: Dragonlore meta is too op. It is quite literally impossible to raid as a new player due to everyone having a one hit kill weapon and hella perks.

Suggestion: decrease dragonlore damage, decrease amount of ig credits to obtain, increase amount of paid credits to obtain

New players have no incentive to raid or do anything besides hide with a printer, fuck around, police (dragonlore issue arises here too), or be a storeperson scrounging for customers. The dragonlore makes P2W extremely evident, as you can just use mommy's card for 25$ and immediately get a "win firefight" button. I'd love to see more weapons become viable and starting players have a chance to raid bases that aren't just a dude in a shop. 

Either making them more accessible to all or nerfing them or even removing them would level the playing field, make firefights more interesting, and make gun dealers have a real purpose.

The main benefit would be making the server more welcoming and less hierarchical.

SIDE BENEFIT: If I have to wait to take dmg to shoot back, it is a guarantee that if they have a dlore I will just die outright. This is a reality for a lot of people and a lot of them just don't report because they did not clip it. A one shot kill gun in the meta adversely affects players' ability to protect themselves from unlawful assault.

Note/inb4:

I do not raid or base, all i do is fuck around; this is not me being mad I got killed by a dragonlore, this is a suggestion based on observation

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1

-1: Funny how people will keep making the same post over and over, and yet they are unable to see that the Dlore will never be changed, since it's not a real problem. I suggest you to read over all the Dlore nerf posts done before to get more and better reasoning than mine:

1 hour ago, EducationalSkeleton said:

New players have no incentive to raid or do anything besides hide with a printer

New players are the ones who try the most amount of different jobs to see what gives the most money and what not, I see a lot of new players raid any base they see and whenever they fail they move on and try to raid another base, sometimes they get lucky, sometimes they don't, I genuinely think that failing a raid is not a problem.

The dragonlore makes P2W extremely evident, as you can just use mommy's card for 25$ and immediately get a "win firefight" button.

Or just use !Credits and get the Dlore completely for free (150 points, which is nothing).

even removing them would level the playing field

The Dlore alongside the permanent VIP rank are the most common purchases in the whole store for a reason, removing the Dlore from the store would be prejudicial to the server income.

make gun dealers have a real purpose.

I see at least 3 functional gun stores every single day, and they all have customers, this makes no sense.

I do not raid or base, all i do is fuck around; this is not me being mad I got killed by a dragonlore, this is a suggestion based on observation

I do the same as you, and I don't see a problem with the Dlore being the best weapon or "OP".

• Agree 1
14 minutes ago, Wendoly said:

-1: Funny how people will keep making the same post over and over, and yet they are unable to see that the Dlore will never be changed, since it's not a real problem. I suggest you to read over all the Dlore nerf posts done before to get more and better reasoning than mine:

New players are the ones who try the most amount of different jobs to see what gives the most money and what not, I see a lot of new players raid any base they see and whenever they fail they move on and try to raid another base, sometimes they get lucky, sometimes they don't, I genuinely think that failing a raid is not a problem.

Or just use !Credits and get the Dlore completely for free (150 points, which is nothing).

The Dlore alongside the permanent VIP rank are the most common purchases in the whole store for a reason, removing the Dlore from the store would be prejudicial to the server income.

I see at least 3 functional gun stores every single day, and they all have customers, this makes no sense.

I do the same as you, and I don't see a problem with the Dlore being the best weapon or "OP".

The use of donator credits was addressed in my original post. Obviously, it's one of the most commonly bought items; it is a one shot kill and the only way to ensure you can keep up with the people who already have one (hence why there is a dlore meta). If you remove it, people may be more likely to buy other things than nerve gas, VIP, or dlore.

Failing raids isn't an issue; having nearly impossible raids is. Even I have an ezbase where i just press a button to aim down a hallway for an instakill (extremely common design). There is no way anyone could possibly succeed unless the defender makes egregious errors. New players only get "lucky" when they are raiding other newbies (who have probably already been raided and have no items).

With regards to truly new players, they aren't trying a lot of jobs, as most of them are not unlocked; there has to be an incentive to stay and unlock them, and almost ensured one hit KO doesn't help.

There are functional gun stores, sure, but with a tiny customer base normally; dealing is very unprofitable.

150 ig creds may be nothing to /you/, but that is like 4 hours of time. That was also addressed in my original post, by the way (lower credit cost). It's hard to see when you have hundreds of hours in the same server, but for true casual players that is not "nothing". 

The main overarching issue is it widens the gap between new-veteran players to a large extent. A player should not have to grind dozens of hours or pay the server money to ensure that they have an honest chance against anyone who isn't in the same boat as them.

All it needs is dmg cut to 75%

12 minutes ago, Wendoly said:

I already gave my opinion, so I guess the last thing to do is provide this list of useful posts as a background for this matter that has been discussed for the eternity:

Most of those posts are just dismissing it out of hand, "get gud", or money related

It should tell you something that none of these people can argue the merits of the post directly and instead (like you) circumnavigate to extraneous aspects of it.

You can not honestly tell yourself the dragonlore's damage is not broken. You cannot deny the thing I mentioned about being shot at/self defense. You can not deny it gives players who spend money an insane advantage over players who rely on ig credits. You can not deny that it makes raid defense extrodinarily easy.

I understand the financial aspect. However, a small damage decrease, a lowering in credit price, or a price change in the store would not severely damage the integrity of the weapon; it would, however, help balance PVP, make it a more accessible weapon,  and shake up the meta, making it more interesting.

Neutral

My opinion on the Stats of the DLore still has not changed. It is far and away the best weapon on Garnet, and there is little-to-no reason to use any other guns than it, especially when defending. It is centralizing around the Raiding/Defending meta, and can make certain bases nigh-impossible for the DLore-less. A nerf would be heavily beneficial to the overall quality of the PvP and Raiding Metas of the server. I don't think the issue that it is a perma is the main issue, as you can obviously buy it with credits. The issue is that it's just too centralizing.

However...

3 hours ago, JIM_SATAN said:

Suggestion: decrease dragonlore damage, decrease amount of ig credits to obtain, increase amount of paid credits to obtain

This suggestion sucks. Decreasing the DLore Damage, while it would help the issue, would overall just ruin the purpose of the gun. It's a high-damage sniper, it SHOULD be doing high damage. And making it easier to obtain for free and harder to obtain for money doesn't change how centralizing it would be. It would just be a pain in the ass for everyone. Now there are MORE Dragonlores running around and those who actually want to buy it will have to pay MORE, not to mention those who already own a permanent DLore or Custom Class with one are completely unaffected by the change in price.

15 minutes ago, JIM_SATAN said:

Most of those posts are just dismissing it out of hand, "get gud", or money related

It should tell you something that none of these people can argue the merits of the post directly and instead (like you) circumnavigate to extraneous aspects of it.

He spitting facts on this one, though...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines