DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

subscription buy credits

mossly

description: this is enough of a problem that you have to have a forum guide and players regularly complain in server about it

Point blank, it is a scam

Making the only way to buy credits sub-based and saying "just call paypal lol" is unacceptable. It isn't a great look, it makes people feel like they are being duped, and, most importantly, it is a known issue.

Solution: add a single-purchase option

I have had multiple new players immediately say a variation of "oh  so they're ripping people off then" when I explain to them how to buy credits

11 hours ago, JIM_SATAN said:

Making the only way to buy credits sub-based and saying "just call paypal lol" is unacceptable

It’s been discussed in the past it won’t change. There is a reason why it’s like this.If you feel it’s a scam, simple don’t buy any or get someone to do it for you. 

Has been denied in the past, I’d tag em on here but I can’t be bothered.

cope

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Neutral

While I do think that this would be a good change, I believe there was a specific reason it had to be done this way, but Garnet would be able to elaborate. I’ll remain neutral for now until I learn more.

• Like 1
On 12/5/2022 at 12:39 PM, IAreGunner said:

not getting changed as its easier to deal with chargebacks

its also very easy to cancel the subscription people are just dumb -1

also this is why its a thing

image.png

solution: make the minimum transaction 10$

1 hour ago, JIM_SATAN said:

this would also drive up sales bc of the same effect that hotdog and bun packages having different amounts causes; by having more hotdogs than buns, people buy more buns to make up for it

people buy 10$ of credits, buy their thing, find another thing and are a few credits off, and buy more credits due to a mix of cost sunk fallacy and the foot in the door effect

also, most darkrp players are dumb, children, or both

Edited by JIM_SATAN

Denied for now

On 12/6/2022 at 12:46 PM, JIM_SATAN said:

The minimum used to be $10 for like 2 years, but many people were upset about that so garnet added a $5 option.

We would love to add a toggle for subscription credits, but we haven't exactly figured that out.
AFAIK, the configuration for the addon that we use to handle donations only supports either-or, not both simultaneously.
For now this is denied, but we may look into this at a later date.

• Like 2