make racial slurs a permaban

mossly

• DarkRP Administration Team

Neutral

As it stands, staff can already use their discretion and go with anything from a verbal warning up to a permanent ban. However the maximum amount of time a staff member can ban for this, is capped by their rank, so VIP Mod+ can ban up to 2 weeks without further approval, then admin+ can ban up to 6 months without further approval, and managers can go permanent. 

So in a sense, this is already possible, but depending on a staff members rank, they may just need approval to go for the full permanent ban.

The only think I would say is that I do agree with the current system of capping at certain ranks, because every situation is unique and experience is the best way of ensuring that not every player gets a permanent ban. The way I tend to go about it (and depending on severity), 2 weeks is good for first offences, multiple offences is when I’ll start handing out months-long bans, and multiple repeated instances is when I’d seek a manager for special approval of a permanent ban.

I think we do a top-job on Garnet of keeping on top of racism or other toxic behaviour, compared to a lot of DarkRP servers we’re among the best at taking care of these situations and ensuring people know it’s not tolerated, while keeping a calm and professional, fair approach at all times.

To summarise, it kind of already is like this, but with rank caps (where approval is needed by higher ups) and I think the system works well, but I’m not against being stricter either, but without being overly trigger-happy on the ban button.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Neutral for the same reasons Chris mentions. 

This is in our D3A - * Racism/Homophobia/Sexism | (Up to 2 weeks depending on severity) (Can be extended by an admin+)

If someone is spamming the mic saying KILL ALL THE *****rs then mods can ban them and put in the request for extension, but if someone says something like ayo ****a its apparent that one is more severe than the other. There have been cases of me verbally warning someone for that latter, and I still see them on the server without doing it again. 

• Informative 1
  • Agree 3
On 1/2/2023 at 6:55 PM, 1998Corolla said:

Neutral for the same reasons Chris mentions. 

This is in our D3A - * Racism/Homophobia/Sexism | (Up to 2 weeks depending on severity) (Can be extended by an admin+)

If someone is spamming the mic saying KILL ALL THE *****rs then mods can ban them and put in the request for extension, but if someone says something like ayo ****a its apparent that one is more severe than the other. There have been cases of me verbally warning someone for that latter, and I still see them on the server without doing it again. 

I definitely mean the hard R saying folks, to be clear

• 1 month later...

logo.png.e5b1f1407eab24395fffa930c7633c12.png

Your suggestion has been Denied.

On 1/2/2023 at 6:52 PM, Proggy said:

Admins can extend the bans past two weeks based on severity and previous offenses. I don't see a need in immediately permabanning for using slurs if its a first offense.
I've seen people come back after their temporary ban, realize they like the server, and begin abiding by server rules more closely.