The DarkRP Ironman Challenge

ChrisRid

While this does sound like a cool idea at first, I feel like it won't be nearly as fun as it might sound, for a couple of reasons:

1. Getting to Prestige 1 takes a LONG time. Granted, I've seen people go from level 1 to 78 in the span of a couple days *cough*MrLegs*Cough* but for most players getting to prestige is a long, time consuming effort that can take many weeks, if not months. Due to that time restriction, I think many players will avoid this challenege altogether

2. This challenge does not sound exciting.  All it takes is for you to base with someone who has a custom class/donor weapon and you're pretty much safe. If this challenge was introduced, I know exactly what I would do: Build in some God-forsaken corner of the map, farm printers until I get to meth manufacturer,  farm meth & printers until I get to crack manufacturer, then farm crack and printers until I get to level 100. That doesn't sound entertaining or exciting, as there's not much danger or action, or even interaction with other people. 

Other Miscellaneous Questions regarding the challenge:

A. If you complete the challenge, do you keep the money and the prestige, or does it disappear?

B. Couldn't people just disconnect to avoid being killed so their challenge does not reset?

C. If you purchased VIP weapons/donor classes/etc. while you were in "challenge mode," would they go to your non-challenge inventory, or challenge inventory? And if they did go to your challenge inventory, would             you be able to keep them once you completed/failed the challenge?

D. Do arrests reset the challenge?

E. If you were unjustly killed (RDM), would it be possible for a staff member to return you to previous state in the challenge, or would it be 'tough shit lol' ?

TLDR: This challenge does sound pretty interesting, but I feel it is too much of a time sink and poses too many logistical issues, and won't be very entertaining either. -1  for now.

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I think these are some pretty good questions actually, so I'll do my best to go through them to help clear up the specifics:

18 minutes ago, WohMi said:

Getting to Prestige 1 takes a LONG time.

Absolutely! If I were to put this on a difficulty scale from 1-10, I'm literally aiming for 10. It should be brutally difficult to earn the Ironman title, which makes the unique reward all the more appealing and coveted. I'd anticipate that players would require multiple attempts to complete it, just as in a lot of other games, it's certainly not for the faint hearted lol.

22 minutes ago, WohMi said:

2. This challenge does not sound exciting.  All it takes is for you to base with someone who has a custom class/donor weapon and you're pretty much safe. If this challenge was introduced, I know exactly what I would do: Build in some God-forsaken corner of the map, farm printers until I get to meth manufacturer,  farm meth & printers until I get to crack manufacturer, then farm crack and printers until I get to level 100. That doesn't sound entertaining or exciting, as there's not much danger or action, or even interaction with other people. 

I mean it depends on the person, I respect your view on this and DarkRP has many different play styles, some people just want to play as a DJ and chill with others, some like to be a cop and search for criminals. This suggestion appeals to those who already enjoy jobs such as the Meth Manufacturer, Crack Manufacturer, etc; jobs which offer good XP. In fact you might find that some jobs (such as delivery man, or dumpster diving as a hobo) become a key element in the early game, given the decent gains of these classes are often overlooked. Even if you choose to base for the entire duration as a manufacturer, of course the difference here is that at some point you're going to have to leave the base and sell up to the NPC, the thrill of making it back safely and making some good progress is (to me at least) pretty thrilling. I appreciate it's not everyone's cup of tea though.

32 minutes ago, WohMi said:

A. If you complete the challenge, do you keep the money and the prestige, or does it disappear?

I mean this is up for discussion. I'd say you don't keep the money or prestige, that's just part of the brutal price you pay for achieving this unique title.

34 minutes ago, WohMi said:

B. Couldn't people just disconnect to avoid being killed so their challenge does not reset?

They could, but often people don't know for sure they're going to die and for most players, they'd die before they had a chance to disconnect. It's certainly possible but I don't think it will be very commonplace.

37 minutes ago, WohMi said:

C. If you purchased VIP weapons/donor classes/etc. while you were in "challenge mode," would they go to your non-challenge inventory, or challenge inventory? And if they did go to your challenge inventory, would             you be able to keep them once you completed/failed the challenge?

They'd be sent to your "non-challenge mode" for want of a better expression. You'd only have access to donor weapons when you're not participating in the challenge.

40 minutes ago, WohMi said:

D. Do arrests reset the challenge?

Nope, only on death (it could be linked for when the kill is shown). This means not on job change, respawn, reconnect, etc. Only on death.

41 minutes ago, WohMi said:

E. If you were unjustly killed (RDM), would it be possible for a staff member to return you to previous state in the challenge, or would it be 'tough shit lol' ?

It would be tough shit lmao

Also remember to disable !unbox and the ability to claim money by clicking ‘’e’’ on it. !credits should also be disabled. I’ll try to think of other breaking things I can think of so it can actually be playable. I’ll update this thread.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1