Add the Drug System From DarkRP to MRP.

MrTooTooT

Ok, you are allowed to flame me for this, but at least hear me out beforehand. TLDR will be at the bottom of this post, but I suggest reading through to understand the big picture.

What if we were to take the Drug making system from DarkRP and transfer it over to MRP? I know, "content stealing" and I understand that this may seem completely random, but research has been done.

The Taliban Are Expanding Their Drug Trade From Heroin to Meth (foreignpolicy.com)

The Taliban are a major drug making empire that distributes a bunch of the world's Meth and Heroin to many 1st world nations, including Japan, Australia and countries in North America. They are said to earn around $3 billion annually "trafficking opium and heroin produced principally in southern Afghanistan." For this suggestion, I had to do some more research, which made me enter the uncharted territories of DarkRP and it was fun! Met some people along the way, did my thing with Money printers to get to level 12 to become "Weed Cultivator." The images I took can be found through this link -> https://postimg.cc/gallery/cZVz6Rg

A lot of the drugs that are discussed in the article above are available in the drug making system that DarkRP has, which would make it easy to implement. Not only that, but we could also add some NPCs in order for people to officially sell the drugs. With this, we can do more RP scenarios between the Taliban and the US, Taliban being the drug manufacturing empire and the US attempting to stop all forms of drug selling. This could also allow for another reason for people to play Taliban, as they would earn money through these drugs selling activities. The Taliban would make a certain area into a lab, the drugs would be made and then they would sell it to NPCs around the area, which can be changed to distributors to better fit the narrative of selling to 1st world countries. Meanwhile, the US can do operations that stops the processing and selling of these drugs (destroying labs and busting drug deals), furthermore, getting rid of the drug problem in America.

Only problem that has come up for me was how were people going to make the lab? Players would need the Phys gun to make the labs. 2 possible solutions.
1. Give everyone the Phys gun (Easy, but not the smartest idea)
2. Make a separate drug making class for Taliban that would have ONLY the Phys gun (Requires new class, but would make it simple)

If solution number #2 is selected, we can make a tryout for the class that would be all about how to make the drugs, which I would love to help with!

What do you think? Love it? Hate it? Want to basecamp me from Hotel Paris? Leave your thoughts!

TLDR: Transfer Drug System from DarkRP to MRP. Taliban are drug makers, US want to stop them. NPCs would be around map for Taliban to sell and make money for themselves. Would add more RP scenarios that could be done.

Edit: A God of a person just reminded me that props could be made into entities as well, so that players can pick them up! That’s also a possibility if the first 2 suggestions don’t work out.

Edit Part 2: Coming back to this, I realized I have not really added much as to how this affect the landscape of the server. Question have been raised and I'm going to do my best to answer them!

Question 1: Would there be any types of laws to follow with this system in place?
That would be for the factions themselves to decide. US MP and AFG MP can decide their own version of laws. USMP would obviously make laws based on the access of drugs is illegal and any taking of them would result in punishment, while AFG MP could have laws where messing with the drug manufacturing process could result in some jail time.

Question 2: Where the hell would such a lab be at?
US won't have this problem, because they won't be making the drugs, but AFG still needs a specific room. The room that I'm suggesting is located underground in the Taliban base! One room is currently unused, and this would provide for the perfect area for the drug making empire.

Question 3: Would the drugs provide any form of enhancements? 
While I feel like that would be a really cool idea, it's pretty lopsided. If Tali are the ones making the drugs, they would be the only ones to use it (unless the US steal a batch). Giving Speed the boost of 5% more speed would be cool, but Tali would have a ton of it while the US have none of it.

Edited by MrTooTooT
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

+1 I think this suggestion will give another activity for the server to do, which could be built upon in peacetime. I think something similar to this was mentioned last summer, where you'd harvest raw materials for the crafting system (like chopping down trees or mining metal), and either use the items (drugs, equipment, etc.) that were crafted or sell them. As far as I recall, something like that will be added sometime in the future, no timeline yet though. So if the drug system from DarkRP could be shifted over to MRP, it could add another layer with the crafting system. Or if another drug system wants to be incorporated with the current crafting system, it may be more dev work, but can create a unique MRP inventory/drug/crafting system. 

1 hour ago, MrTooTooT said:

Want to basecamp me from Hotel Paris?

Also yes, I do.

• Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Administration Team

+1, I think this would be a great addition for RP considering it would also open up more MP/ANP use. Like an officer or enlisted higher than a kite on base leading to court use. If GMs and the Taliban worked together, there could be a full scale drug ring raid by the US. Allowing the certifications to be used as well, (example being breach n clear) for utilization and future cert additions. Provides honestly greater flexibility and detail within RP as well.

Accepted, We plan on adding an NPC that you can by drugs from. We plan on adding something soon where you can have them on the map! This can allow MP to be used effectively. 

Edited by Smity_
  • Haha 1