DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] US Elite : Spike + Tali Self Damage Rule

Ziggy

The purpose of this suggestion is to buff the Spike class and possibly revert the self damage rule for Afghan. Afghan's appeal includes a more explosive playstyle, but with how I created the original Afghan Elite classes, wars can see up to 5-10 additional players with a powerful explosive in their hands. Additionally, I'd like to give US Elite : Spike a real reason for use and open the door for a strong GL for US.

Remove m9k_proxy_mine from US Elite : Spike, add m9k_milkormgl (or m9k_ex41 alternatively.) 

Reduce Milkor MK1 mag size to 4-5, unable to be resupplied, and give it a firerate.

Add back the self damage rule for Afghan.

Possible alternative: Restrict donator classes from self damaging while allowing any standing AFG factions to do so. 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Creative 2
  • Disagree 8
  • Agree 3

We need to also bring back the self damage rule for Taliban side. The removal of the self damage rule for Taliban is not only unfair for the United States side but also largely abused by the Taliban side. Lots of US have already complained about this rule and have been met with "cope", "mald", and "all US do is complain" by Taliban members. This is even being said by certain staff members on the Taliban side!

With explosives, balance is needed. Even with these class changes, not only is United States still at a disadvantage cause of self damage, but also Taliban will continue to abuse it. We argue about base camping ruining the server but then disregard issues like this.

Edited by Towelieee
Wording changes, probably going to be edited more than once.
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Towelieee said:

We need to also bring back the self damage rule for Taliban side.

I actually agree. I wanted to try this out and a part of me hoped it would work out for a little longer, but I had too much faith that people wouldn't abuse it and I think the best solution is to just bring it back. I've edited this into the suggestion. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3
38 minutes ago, Towelieee said:

We need to also bring back the self damage rule for Taliban side. The removal of the self damage rule for Taliban is not only unfair for the United States side but also largely abused by the Taliban side. Lots of US have already complained about this rule and have been met with "cope", "mald", and "all US do is complain" by Taliban members. This is even being said by certain staff members on the Taliban side!

With explosives, balance is needed. Even with these class changes, not only is United States still at a disadvantage cause of self damage, but also Taliban will continue to abuse it. We argue about base camping ruining the server but then disregard issues like this.

I agree with this. After realizing 6 grenadiers dropping 18+ grenades onto helpess 11B is an issue. But another thing is knowing that it is extremely rare for this to ever happen. Usually AFG are not running this many explosives during war. 

For the AFG members saying "cope" , "mald" is also a issue. The players will punished if toxic behavior like this ever happens again. 

The only thing I usually bring up if there is any malding over anything on the server regardless of country is creating a forums post. Forums post's/suggestions in the discord server are a much better way of getting your point across instead of complaining in OOC. This basically goes for all people. No one is going to really care or change the way they play just because someone tells them to stop. 

Lastly, I also agree with the self damage rule being removed because it is getting a little too intense. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I disagree with the change because this will single handily get rid of the explosive advantage Afghan has. Removing arguably one of the most powerful explosives is one thing but to remove it and give it to the opposing nation and by also replacing ours with a shit prox mine is horrendous change to be made. Nailgunner is already better than RPG and to give them the Grenadier kit will put us at equal or lesser arms with explosives 

• Informative 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I actually agree. I wanted to try this out and a part of me hoped it would work out for a little longer, but I had too much faith that people wouldn't abuse it and I think the best solution is to just bring it back. I've edited this into the suggestion.

I haven’t heard a single complaint about AFG and the new self damaging rule. it hasnt even been a full 3 days of the rule being set. That part is just plain stupid.

• Disagree 3
28 minutes ago, shax999 said:

I disagree with the change because this will single handily get rid of the explosive advantage Afghan has. 

Dawg WHAT

Removing arguably one of the most powerful explosives is one thing but to remove it and give it to the opposing nation and by also replacing ours with a shit prox mine is horrendous change to be made. 

Editing the suggestion to leave out any changes to Grenadier. Realized that if the self damage rule is in place for Afghan, then this class doesn’t need to be touched. Regardless, the prox mine is receiving a buff soon. 

Nailgunner is already better than RPG and to give them the Grenadier kit will put us at equal or lesser arms with explosives 

In your famous words, skill issue? Making their Spike class usable and giving it a strong GL will in no way “put us at lesser arms with explosives” lmfao 

19 minutes ago, Tejas said:

I haven’t heard a single complaint about AFG and the new self damaging rule. 

Played 2 wars while on LOA. Both were post rule adjustment. Plenty of complaining in OOC and you just saw what Towelie said. Added a potential alternative to the rule that might make both parties happy.

Edited by Ziggy
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

I was the person who created a few rules for proxy, mainly being you need to preprox obj, and not just everywhere. 

I attempted to use preset proxy on an obj, approximately 30 proxy mines. 2 proxy out of 30 got a kill. They are kinda terrible. They require a buff of some kind.

Self damage rules, it's RP friendly for AFG to self damage. Gameplay wise it's painful for US, as it's ingrained to push into someone with explosives to kill them. The reason being if you self damage, they can report you. Self damage rules were added to GG due to an update removing self damage, meaning you could not damage yourself if you shot the floor as a makeshift jihad.

I've always stood by the belief that if you can damage your HP, self damage doesn't need to be a rule for anyone. NG, or RPG. So I suppose it could be changed. Changed so US can do it too.

22 minutes ago, Dillan said:

've always stood by the belief that if you can damage your HP, self damage doesn't need to be a rule for anyone. NG, or RPG. So I suppose it could be changed. Changed so US can do it too.

Or, you could just change it to where Taliban can't self damage. I see where you're coming from, but Taliban abusing self damage is the problem, not the issue with US being prohibited from it. Even though it is still extremely unfair for US to be prohibited from it, it's not the main reason that a change is needed.

ZCvTeiNi92uKHlP3vx71mXv8usBSqz1YzwqexMQp7VUv6F5O68BdOlwHZN2wAWEbPD7fKKbfCKsvqNe2aifn99ta_hplv1cpizZaGxFa5TWqusHsnxVGYO6IyPdoJK9qAmxQIV0kpLYCx_ZBygkpYrlKPF2afLDgHxbxuUbTGKNFDuyv5Z_lDmoyMA
Partially Accepted
This suggestion turned into a discussion of self-damage and that is the part that is going to be accepted from this suggestion and we plan on changing it back to the old 50 Damage or death rule or slightly modifying it. Plan to see an announcement in our discord to see when that is live.

Further discussion from the current executives/staff team will decide either if US Spike will have the Milkor added with the removal of the proxy mine.

Edited by Smity_
  • Like 1