DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Intel & DEFCON

Ziggy

Preface: This suggestion is designed to turn our vague interpretation of "Intel" into an actual, tangible goal for factions to work towards. The overall idea here is that every faction would be granted access to a system in which they can collect files, paper scraps, hard drives, etc. The T1 factions for both sides would have increasingly cooler ways to go about collecting this intel as well. 

DEFCON

The first step to this suggestion would be to implement the DEFCON system. This can best be imagined as an "XP" bar for both nations that would reset at the end of each day. Each nation would start at DEFCON 1 at the beginning of the day and as intel is collected around the map throughout the day, the DEFCON level would upgrade. Here are what those upgrades could look like:

DEFCON 1 - Rewards all players of a nation with $15,000

DEFCON 2 - Grants all players a 5% increase in reload and move speed.

DEFCON 3 - Grants a shipment to a nation's base containing a cache of various weapons including explosives.

DEFCON 4 - Grants a nation a helicopter for use in war until it dies. 

DEFCON 5 - Grants a nation a single-use orbital strike to use in war. 

These rewards can be changed to anything, but its important that they aren't trash. These DEFCON levels are designed to be gradually worked towards by players by collecting literal props around the map that would contribute towards it. All DEFCON levels would reset at the end of each day and the cycle repeats. Garnet would have to create a system for this, written and dictated by a UI for this to work effectively. DO NOT ACCEPT THIS SUGGESTION IF THE PLAN IS TO HAVE THIS BE RUN BY GMS. THAT SHIT IS LAME AND UNFINISHED. 

INTEL

So how does the collection process work? It's simple. 

Members of any faction can leave their base and look for props that are considered 'intel'. They would walk up, press E, and it would contribute to the DEFCON level being upgraded for that day. For T1 factions, higher and more valuable pieces of intel can be created in special locations within the base that they would have to infiltrate for. These would count for much more. List of possible props to be used as intel items:

models/props_lab/reciever01b.mdl

models/props_lab/reciever01a.mdl

models/props_lab/clipboard.mdl

models/props_c17/consolebox05a.mdl

models/props_c17/consolebox01a.mdl

models/props_c17/consolebox03a.mdl

models/props_lab/reciever01c.mdl

These intel items need to have set spawns, on every map, that are inside buildings and off-objectives around the map. DO NOT LET THEM SPAWN RANDOMLY. (Yes, its annoying and you will have to set these spawns for every map, but it is extremely important.)

No more bugs, no more vague and cringe rules around infiltration, no more RP that isn't real, and no more gathering player's names for no gain. Let's just make it a streamlined system of tangible and actually acquirable props. It needs to be a game mechanic and not a game of speculation. 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Agree 4

This idea is great but I think a couple of changes are needed to balance it out on both sides just purely because of the population difference I feel like this system could be easily manipulated by the players 

1. Props should be spawned in during an average high pop hour of the day and than last until the end of the day. I don’t believe the props should spawn the same time the DEFCON resets Because it can be really easy for small groups of players on US or afghan to get on and use up all the Intel only for them to get the rewards. This also allows the majority of players to benefit in war and not use up the defcon rewards on a war no one is on for.

2. While I think obviously props shouldn’t spawn on objectives i also believe they should spawn randomly around the map outside of those objectives. This keeps veterans from gate keeping locations of prop spawns and allows basefaction and SOC to coordinate missions together in search of intel instead of a repetitive same site spawn that people will run to as soon as they load in.

3. The rate in which xp is gained from collecting the intel should be based on a population system (I.e the less players afghan has the faster they will gather xp from the intel the more players US has the slower they will gather the respective xp.) this once again will allow both sides to have more of a fair chance rather than the 3 Taliban CSC’s running to silo getting camped at gas station with a helicopter.

Another thing to take into account is the impact on server performance this custom addon could take up a ton of space and it’s important to consider if the suggestions overall impact would be worth the shot to performance. I believe there are other ways to increase use of intel or passive RP dependent on the impact of this suggestion to the servers performance.

TL;DR - If conditions are met +1 if not -1 there’s not enough of a positive impact if the conditions aren’t met to consider implementing this suggestion 

P.S you’d have to either segregate the props by country in the script or stop the collecting ofnintel after defcon 5 to keep the US or Taliban from collecting all of the intel on the map depending On how slow the xp is gathered if my conditions are met 

Edited by Horseyyy
Too lazy to revise will layer
14 minutes ago, Horseyyy said:

it can be really easy for small groups of players on US or afghan to get on and use up all the Intel only

Of course it wouldn't work like this. 

15 minutes ago, Horseyyy said:

believe they should spawn randomly around the map outside of those objectives

Already in the suggestion

24 minutes ago, Horseyyy said:

The rate in which xp is gained from collecting the intel should be based on a population system

Already what the plan would be 

24 minutes ago, Horseyyy said:

impact on server performance this custom addon could take up a ton of space

No it wouldn't 

25 minutes ago, Horseyyy said:

keep the US or Taliban from collecting all of the intel on the map 

shoot them and wait for it to respawn

On 3/20/2023 at 3:51 PM, Ziggy said:

On 3/20/2023 at 3:25 PM, Horseyyy said:

it can be really easy for small groups of players on US or afghan to get on and use up all the Intel only

Of course it wouldn't work like this. 

Why would it not work like this? There’s nothing stopping players from doing this unless I missed it in your suggestion it’s simple faction leaders start providing incentives to get intel (promotion cooldowns with proof of collection) players start planning early hours to get on and proceed to collect the intel so you’d have to spawn it in at a certain time to balance the chances of collecting the intel

believe they should spawn randomly around the map outside of those objectives

Already in the suggestion

Actually this is not in the suggestion it is quite the opposite. As stated right here.

On 3/18/2023 at 6:17 PM, Ziggy said:

These intel items need to have set spawns, on every map, that are inside buildings and off-objectives around the map. DO NOT LET THEM SPAWN RANDOMLY.

Props should not have a set spawn a script should be made where the props can spawn in any surface area of the map besides bases or objectives.

The rate in which xp is gained from collecting the intel should be based on a population system

Already what the plan would be 

Great! Than I think the percentages and values that’d be changed should be stated in the suggestion to give players a better idea of how this whole system would work.

impact on server performance this custom addon could take up a ton of space

No it wouldn't 

I believe creating a CUSTOM ADDON that can automatically spawn in helicopters, orbital strikes, explosives, and a completely new custom UI would most def impact server performance unless garnet himself can find a way to optimize it which I would assume he’d have to do considering how much space an addon that can randomize spawn points for dozens of different props on a map at a certain time every day would take up not to add onto the fact that the server would have to automatically detect left over props and remove them.

keep the US or Taliban from collecting all of the intel on the map 

shoot them and wait for it to respawn

Lmao, I wish you could say that about basecamping right? The issue I am talking about is a population imbalance and this suggestion can further that. Idk if your talking about shooting players or props but either way the amount of players a side has on completely dominates the way this system is used.

• Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...