[MRP] The Most Effective Anti-Basecamp Suggestion Ever Suggested

Ziggy

Description: The purpose of this suggestion is to rework the Afghan Elite : Mercenary and US Elite : Venal classes and move their weapons to the Recon/Ghillie classes respectively. Takes away a bunch of one shot snipers from the server (helps with the base-camping everyone cries about) while reworking two major donator classes into fun, stealthy ones with a gimmick. IMAGINE HARPOONING MFS ACROSS THE BATTLEFIELD. 

Afghan Elite : Mercenary Rework

Change the model to: models/player/kuma/taliban_bomber.mdl

Remove the garnet_sniper_sv98 from the class

Remove the cw_deagle from the class

Add the khr_rugermk3 to the class, edit the stats to lower firerate and increase damage. Should be able to compete with guns in a CQB/mid-range setting. 

Add the m9k_harpoon to the class, make it one shot and give it 10 harpoons. Increase throw distance if possible.

Increase the speed boost of this class even further.

If we don't like the idea of a pistol that's actually usable, then the cw_l85a2 can be used alternatively. 

US Elite : Venal Rework

Remove the garnet_sniper_sr338 from the class

Remove the cw_deagle from the class

Add the khr_sr1m to the class, edit the stats to be a much more powerful pistol alongside the ruger. 

Add the m9k_knife to the class, make it one shot with a stab or a throw.

Increase the speed boost of this class even further.

If we don't like the idea of a pistol that's actually usable, then the garnet_ar_sig552 is a fine replacement to the SR. 

AFG Elite : Recon 

Change the model to Merc's old model: models/player/kuma/taliban_grunt.mdl

Remove the garnet_sniper_m95 from the class 

Add the garnet_sniper_sv98 to the class 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Informative 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 2

-1 I do agree that Merc and Venal are extremely powerful due to their 1 shot snipers, however completely replacing them with melee classes would not be a good idea. A lot of people paid $25 for sniper classes, and maybe you should look into changes into the weapons themselves and not stray too far from what the class was intended for. However, these melee classes seem insane and I think a perfect substitute to these classes would be to instead replace US Riot and AFG Anarchist with your class ideas. 

Edited by Reynolds
  • Agree 3
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

The purpose of this suggestion is to rework the Afghan Elite : Mercenary and US Elite : Venal classes and move their weapons to the Recon/Ghillie classes respectively. Takes away a bunch of one shot snipers from the server (helps with the base-camping everyone cries about) while reworking two major donator classes into fun, stealthy ones with a gimmick.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Big part of this suggestion is to cut down on the available one shot snipers. 

-1 I don't understand how this suggestion is supposed to help with cutting down on basecamping at all? The only things I noticed that the suggestion changes regarding basecamping is that now Mercenary mains would simply need to be Recon instead because, according to your suggestion, Recon would have the same model and gun that mercenary just had.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

AFG Elite : Recon 

Change the model to Merc's old model: models/player/kuma/taliban_grunt.mdl

Remove the garnet_sniper_m95 from the class 

Add the garnet_sniper_sv98 to the class 

Keeping this in mind, in addition to the fact that US Ghillie was left untouched, there would still be a donator class on either side (AFG Recon and US Ghillie) with a head-glitch friendly model and a one-shot sniper. Not only does this suggestion not affect basecamping, but it also has pretty much zero effect on donator one-shot sniper classes which is what this suggestion appears to be targeted towards. Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding anything.

• Agree 1
38 minutes ago, JackJJ said:

Please let me know if I'm misunderstanding anything.

First of all, the title is a bait. Second of all, you are misunderstanding the fact that anyone with a Venal/Merc whitelist just lost their 1 shot sniper. Yea, they could absolutely donate for Recon/Ghillie and get it back, but this change serves as an immediate cut down. Third of all, because the title is a bait, this suggestion isn't to fix basecamping; its to make Ghillie/Recon useful classes that are worth the $35 they cost. Right now, there is 0 reason to purchase Recon/Ghillie over Venal/Merc. Fourth of all, no, the target of this suggestion is not "targeted towards one shot sniper classes" and the entire "this will improve basecamping" point within the thread is just an added bonus of this change. 

Speaking for myself, someone who has purchased both Venal & Merc, I'd be willing to give them both up to streamline the elite classes and remove a few people with one shot snipers. I also realize there are some people who value these classes and weapons much more than I do. If we're really not willing to give up those classes in favor of a nerf, then here are some alternative changes that might make some of you happier than what was originally suggested:

Nerf garnet_sniper_sv98 mag size to 5. 

Nerf garnet_sniper_sr338 mag size to 5. 

Buff the garnet_sniper_m96 mag size to 10. 

Change US Elite : Riot to US Elite : Assassin and replace its loadout with the suggested one for Venal above. Change model to: models/player/spfrc_gogglesplayer.mdl

Replace AFG Elite : Anarchist to the proposed loadout above. Change model to: models/player/kuma/taliban_bomber.mdl

Basically, do what @Reynolds said. Rework Riot/Anarchist into these new classes, but also nerf the mag size of SV/SR. Buff the M95 mag size to 10 to have a longer engagement time than the Merc/Venal classes. 

Edited by Ziggy
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1

I understand base-camping is a major issue that has resided in the server, but like Reynolds said, people paid $25 for a sniper class.

However, I liked the possibly lowering the mag size for the snipers like how you stated in TS. I think that suggestion will get more support than trying to change 2 donator classes entirely.

This is sadly a -1 for me, I paid money to have a sniper class on both sides of the server, I expect me to still have that sniper.

(P.S. This was written on my phone, if it looks bad, that’s why)

6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Nerf garnet_sniper_sv98 mag size to 5. 

Nerf garnet_sniper_sr338 mag size to 5. 

Buff the garnet_sniper_m96 mag size to 10. 

Just for clarification, this is what I would +1.

Edited by Towelieee

Elite classes shouldn’t be touched for the snipers. They are the only balanced parts to the paid side of classes. Maybe take speed boost off of venal and give it to ghillie, since you pay more for less with ghillie.

+1

I agree with the premise of the suggestion. Not gonna lie I didn't read through all of the replies just the main suggestion, but here is my take: 

Replace ghillie with venal weapons, replace recon with mercenary weapons. Change venal and mercenary to be a different type of class (not a meme one with harpoons or a knife lmao). Possibly a class with a medkit + assault rifle OR a medkit + SMG - considering that both elite classes with a medkit have battle rifles. This is what I think would work best, but an interesting alternative would be to make M95 just straight up semi-auto and keep the lower mag size. 

Edited by acer
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, acer said:

not a meme one with harpoons or a knife lmao

I'd like to think we are at a point in the server's history where we acknowledge that a super serious RP setting is far from achievable. I'd like people to have fun, and I think harpoons and knives are the way to go in this instance. A "meme class" with this weaponry, I think, would be infinitely more fun and appealing for donators than just another war-crutch class with a medkit. 

5 hours ago, Joe1 said:

Maybe take speed boost off of venal and give it to ghillie, since you pay more for less with ghillie.

+1

25 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I'd like to think we are at a point in the server's history where we acknowledge that a super serious RP setting is far from achievable. I'd like people to have fun, and I think harpoons and knives are the way to go in this instance. A "meme class" with this weaponry, I think, would be infinitely more fun and appealing for donators than just another war-crutch class with a medkit. 

Sure, but there's absolutely no way somebody who purchased one of those classes would be anything but furious if it were turned into a literal meme class. At least give it a practical use.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Pencil said:

make harpoon and the knife a !credits item

Bad idea for multiple reasons. First of all, I'd rather not have anyone with $100 to have access to a harpoon or knife. Second of all, the purpose of this suggestion is to rework a couple of Elite classes so that they are actually useful. Adding those things to credits negates that goal. 

48 minutes ago, acer said:

who purchased one of those classes would be anything but furious if it were turned into a literal meme class

Well when you donate, you donate. You are not actually buying anything. You are given a privilege of using the whitelist as a result. This is why I think people should be more open to changing up the elite classes, because while you personally purchased it for the class, you don't actually own shit. In regards to how people would feel; I don't think anyone would actually care if Anarchist/Riot got reworked as those classes are actually literally useless as of right now. 

50 minutes ago, acer said:

At least give it a practical use.

The practical use is doming fatasses across the map with a harpoon/knife. 

• Disagree 1
27 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

I don't think anyone would actually care if Anarchist/Riot got reworked as those classes are actually literally useless as of right now. 

The practical use is doming fatasses across the map with a harpoon/knife. 

Yeah not a single soul would care if Anarchist/Riot changed, my point is that people have already donated to gain access to these classes under the thought process that even though they may be changed, it will still be an elite class that is at least semi-decent. I get the point that it's all donations and can be changed at any time for any reason, which is completely correct, but that doesn't mean that people wouldn't be upset about such a change. Even though Garnet is well within his right to change it to whatever he wishes, turning something that was already donated for into something that is rather useless would be a slap in the face. I think it's a whole lot easier to just make it a decent class rather than a meme that people already gave money for.

Edited by acer
11 hours ago, Towelieee said:

I understand base-camping is a major issue that has resided in the server, but like Reynolds said, people paid $25 for a sniper class.

However, I liked the possibly lowering the mag size for the snipers like how you stated in TS. I think that suggestion will get more support than trying to change 2 donator classes entirely.

This is sadly a -1 for me, I paid money to have a sniper class on both sides of the server, I expect me to still have that sniper.

(P.S. This was written on my phone, if it looks bad, that’s why)

Just for clarification, this is what I would +1.

While I don't have the classes towelie basically said everything I was going to say. I really do believe anarchist and riot need class changes they are the most under-used and to be honest ass donator classes on the server. I think the concept and idea behind the suggestion is good but you're honestly not going to get as many kills with a harpoon than you are with a knife its almost impossible to tell where that stick is going to land mid-long range especially up against long range automatic weapons.

Focus on changing the under-used classes rather than the most-used classes if it's not broke dont fix it. People dont care abt those donator class changes because the class is dogass if it was more used obviously it'd get more attention this suggestion is an example of that. the majority of snipers I see are mostly members on a faction WL anyway. +1 to weapon nerfs -1 to class changes.

Edited by Horseyyy
  • Agree 1