Sailor's GM application

SailorDef

In-game name: TSFU SGM Sailor

SteamID (https://steamid.io/) : STEAM_0:0:530397274

Warns: 4 (all from 2019/2020)

Timezone: PST

Playtime? (Paste your /playtime [Name]):| TSFU MSGT Sailor has played for 554:48:50.

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] YES

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] YES

Referral(s): [What Gamemaster recommended you to apply?] BenZ, Tesla, Scratch

Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] N/A

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] 

If I’m chosen for game master I can provide fun and entertainment to not only the US but everyone on the server. I’m a well liked person that already participates in “event” rp in the form of my Loan sharking. Many people seem to enjoy it and find it funny and it's useful to players in need of money. I’m a creative thinker who has too much time and some fun ideas for games.

I don’t have tons of experience but I’m more than willing to crack down and practice and learn. I like to have fun as well as entertain others. I have lots of time and ideas to better the player experience. I don’t like the abuse of power and I won’t abuse them myself. I also like to help others (ik that's an admin thing) so if anyone has questions about events or the GM position (after a bit more experience) I am more than willing to help anyone with anything. I feel I would be a good fit for the game master position.

Since my last application I’ve gone over the comments I received and looked at other applications (both accepted and denied) and I’ve gone into more detail. I have also tried my best to apologize for my prior instances of toxicity and insults thrown at others. I believe this is another reason I would be a good GM, I can acknowledge things I've done wrong and change them for the better (i hope). I can also take constructive criticisms well and change my events to improve everyone's entertainment. I took the advice from my first GM application and my second and I think the changes I've made show that I would be a good addition to GGmrp's GM team.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Yes. In 2020 I was banned from MRP for vet mass. A few years ago the punishment was changed and during late Feb I was unbanned.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: As much as is needed of me (I have no life)

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: To provide entertainment, fun, and RP between wars.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: 

My RP events would provide fun entertainment and more RP scenarios for all players. My “The Spy” event is just one of the ideas I have to bring more RP between the US and TALI sides. If I become a GM I will provide fun and interesting RP that ties into past and present events that I or other GMs may run.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas designed for only your side to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation] 

1. TALI artillery raid 

My Idea for an artillery raid actually came from both the game Squad and Nelson. Nelson had us firing RPGs back and forth from the US base to the second roof in EMB and vice versa. I took inspiration from his low pop arcade game to turn it into an event everyone can enjoy. Two people will be taken to Shipment and given an RPG with 6-10 rockets each. An event raid will then be called followed by each of our “Artillery” firing 5 shots each. The rest of the US will then raid and have fun fighting the US. When the foot soldiers are dead a /comms or event announcement will be made to fire the last rockets on USI base and then RTB for debrief. (ALSO WORKS FOR US)

2. Document Retrieval

My document retrieval idea came to me from Warthunder. The Warthunder fanbase has a tendency to steal and leak classified documents. For my game a small squad would (insert location) and fight their way through ai/US and find their stolen documents. They will then have to attempt to RTB getting attacked on the way home from more AI/US. If the truck explodes and/or they die on the way back their mission has failed and the documents are leaked to US forces. If they make it back they will take the document the the TALI DB and pass them off to (highest rank on).

3. Rescue the target 

My Rescue target idea was inspired by a rescue raid I did recently. It was a small group raid and we actually used our breach and clear certification training to get our kidnapped comrade. This idea is very similar. A small group of players would break into (insert location) and have to rescue (insert player) using breach and clear methods. The small team could have the choice of quiet (suppressors, no sprinting) or loud (breaching charge, shotguns). They would fight their way through ai/US to get to our comrade and take them home. (ALSO WORKS FOR US)

4. NASCAR

I think my inspiration for this is pretty obvious. For my NASCAR event it would be a 3-5 lap race around the map. My event could be done in a tournament format or just for fun. The participant could use a GM spawned car or their choice of vehicle from the spawn NPC. The participants could (if they all agree) put money on the race for a pot for the winner. It could also be a GM (my pocket) funded or just bragging rights. For the tournament style there would be multiple heats of people and the final heat would consist of all the winners to see who the USs best driver is. This event should be run on lower pop to avoid server strain and to entertain those who can’t be on in the afternoons/midday. (ALSO WORKS FOR TALI but change name) (THIS IS NOT JUST LEFT TURNS ITS A RACE I JUST STOLE THE NAME)

5. Operation Stolen Goods

Honestly I had no inspiration for this event, the idea just popped into my head. TALI would head over to the UK or RU base and fight their way through insurgent forces (volunteer people) and try to steal radioactive materials to craft weapons with. The volunteers would have boosted health and armor to compete with being outnumbered; they can vote and/or choose what weapons they get to fight with(1 life only). The TALI forces get 1 life (much like a raid) to fight thru and eliminate the insurgents. They would then take the materials back and stash them within the Taliban base. If they are to die the insurgents will take revenge and raid Taliban bases. If they succeed they will then get 3 air strikes (similar to Dillan's event) to raid the US with.

Please list and explain 3 unique global event idea designed for the entire server to take part in: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

1. Castle war.

I took inspiration from the minecraft bedwars My castle war idea is a team v team style game. Tali and US each get their own castle to fight from and attack the other team. For the event I would use the base of the castle event we have now but there would be 2 directly across from each other with a large bridge full of obstacles to hide behind. The winners are decided by who controls both castles by the end of the Minigame(xtime-xtime).

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199021060276/screenshots/

2. Cod Zombies style event 

My inspiration for this event was obviously CoD Zombies. I was watching an og CoD video and the idea popped into my head that this could fit for a fun event on the server. The CoD Zombies event is a longer event and requires a lot of setup. It’s meant for 4-6 people and can be done by 1 GM but 2 or more is more optimal. There would be 10-15 rounds of increasing difficulty. After each round the players would get a resupply and health as well as their choice of opening a door or each getting a new weapon. The final few rounds would spawn larger ai that are harder to kill. When opening the doors they could find perks(jug, quick revive, PHD Flopper), pack a punch(weapon upgrade), and the mystery box(random weapon). The Final round obviously being the hardest would be a race to a heli/exfil portal.

3. Mordhau

My Mordhau idea was obviously inspired by Mordhau. All players would be given swords on my castle arena and told to fight. 3 people per team would also be given a harpoon to fight at range, they have to be careful however because when they throw them others can pick them up. There would be multiple rounds of fighting but only 1 life per round. the team with the most people left standing at x time would win. Alternatively  i could also do an FFA style with it too(without harpoons).

4. TAG 

My inspiration for this game came from helping BenZ test a FFA arena. Originally it was supposed to be a Hide’n’Seek arena but the mention of too many props was brought up and 2 other ideas were mentioned, FFA and Tag. Tag would be in a decently sized arena similar to most FFA arenas. One person would be chosen to be “IT”, each player would be given FISTS or a knife to fight with. The GM would broadcast who is IT through event chat. When the players get killed they would be eliminated from the game and not able to come back until the next round. There would be no round limit (except for war timer). A tournament could be done but isn't necessary.   

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199021060276/screenshots/

5. The Spy

This idea popped into my head while I was having a conversation about how little RP events there are. My idea was one person from either TALI or US could infiltrate the opposing team's base and gather as much intel as possible (officer names, enlisted numbers etc),  have to find some kind of info that may be guarded, or assassinate a target. If they are successful in whatever their objective is their team would gain more info on the US names and ranks or be able to set up a raid ambush. If they were to fail they would be caught and their true name will be revealed as well as they would be interrogated for more info. If they are caught his team could attempt a raid rescue or attempt to sneak into their base and get them out. This event could result in more rp scenarios like targeted kidnappings, an assassination attempt, or further spies try to break in.

Thank you for considering me - Sailor

Edited by SailorDef
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 3

+1 As a friend of mine he has come to me with all his ideas and has even fleshed some of them out with me in a private server he is trying. I feel he is also being less toxic in the community and trying to make amends for anyone he has wronged he is truly working hard to be a gm.

• Like 1

Here, it states that you CAN'T copy your previous application or anyone else's.

Your paragraphs and most of your events are all from your last application as a gamemaster. The descriptions for the events are literally copied word for word.

The application I am basing all of this off on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • MilitaryRP Administration Team

Putting a 0, here as I know you have been working on it and waiting for the next date to apply after your initial application was denied. As @Towelieeehas put there's copy and paste from the denied prior application. If you wouldn't mind it, I'd like to see a break down of your more complex events such as: CoD zombies and Document Retrieval. Based off your current skills, knowledge of sandbox tools and how the overall ideal goal for players would realistically be met.

• Like 1

+1 

Confirming my referral. I believe his events are good. Although they were copied from his previous application. I don't really see any major issues with that. Assuming they are your ideas, I think it's okay. I do think more effort could have been put into the question portions. Some of it is word for word from the last application. 

Regardless of the application issues. I think sailor has improved on the server ("toxicity" wise) I personally never saw any of the things that may have happened.

I think sailor would be a good addition to the GM team.👍

• Like 1
On 4/22/2023 at 11:33 AM, Nelson said:

If you wouldn't mind it, I'd like to see a break down of your more complex events such as: CoD zombies and Document Retrieval. Based off your current skills, knowledge of sandbox tools and how the overall ideal goal for players would realistically be met.

Shoot me a message anytime you'd like. Like my post says i have no life 

As much as I would like to -1 this app like I did last time, I think he deserves some sort of shot. At the end of the day he can put on a tight leash and removed from the gm team if he fucks up. 
So +1 from me. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines