DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Wrote a new tune

As some of yall may know, I've played guitar for nearly 20 years now. I used to be more involved with music, but rarely inspired to press record these days. I kinda just noodle guitar when I can. I've always found writing songs with a group to be more fun than writing solo. The collaborative effort of multiple people going into a song and performing that song together is usually a whole other feeling in itself. I also just hate writing and programming drums. 
Anyways I wanted to get back into recording music and figured I'd start with something catchy and simple. I usually tend to overcomplicate music which makes the whole process take a long time and the 'perfectionist' in me will spend weeks trying to write the perfect lead for a verse, or try to shape the mix to be better but end up getting nowhere.

anyways here's where im at with it right now. 

Might make changes to it later, like adding a solo or proper melodic intro to the song. who knows. anyone wanna add something on it or collab on a piece of music?
I can send stems or whatever.

Edited by Proggy
  • Like 4
  • Spicy 2
  • Winner 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I love seeing people get into making music or get back into making music. The track slaps, the guitar harmonies are great and catchy, the programmed drums sound realistic, and the bass isn't too muddy. What DAW are you using? 

Edited by hooboododoMartian
  • Like 1

this is fl studio 

the bass is a free plugin Ample Bass P Lite II
the drums are Mjolnir Drums by Solemn Tones. Im not a fan of it. maybe i can recommend it to beginners if its on a steep sale? I'd rather use superior drummer 2/3 or GetGoodDrums.
the guitars is a cali rectifier model on my PODgo, into a scarlett 18i20 with some post processing. default cab impulse from the pod. I didnt record raw DI so im kinda stuck with the tones there. unless I wanna rerecord.

I could sit and improve the mix endlessly if I wanted but I'd rather just call it a demo and move on to the next idea for now

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, Proggy said:

the drums are Mjolnir Drums by Solemn Tones. Im not a fan of it. maybe i can recommend it to beginners if its on a steep sale? I'd rather use superior drummer 2/3 or GetGoodDrums.

honestly the fl studio drum machine isnt that bad, but they do sound like asshole.

The best thing to do is get a soundpack online and just make your own kit using that drum machine

• Informative 1