Make /squads available for all

Description: In game there is a function/command where you are able to join squads in different unita of your faction (US/RU). When inputting this command, you are given the option to join 1 of 3 squads per unit. However when attempting to join one of the squads, you are prompted in chat with; You are unable to join this squad. Upon joining a squad, your squadmates will have an outline around them and you will be unable to kill them. 

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] I believe this would benefit the server by adding a lot more variety to war plans, being able to delegate squads within units rather than units as a whole. Furthermore, this function could be useful when running simulations during peacetime as you will be able to see who is on which team during the sim. Overall, I believe this function could be extremely effective if all players were able to access it. 

Thank you,

1MD DIN SSgt SmallEthiopian (Matt)

Squads are designed for SOC factions because of their lower player count, if it was made so base factions could join them as well, not only would the mass amount of halos lag everyone in the squad, but the lua error spam would be off the charts. All you need is good TS/Radio comms and boom, there's your squad.

-1 I think this goes without saying but the point of squads is to help with the massive amount of team play needed for a SOC Faction. Base factions, on the other hand, don't require as much of a high level of teamwork as they can simply utilize their numbers.

Also, I don't think base fac bois can handle all the Lua errors omegalul

• Haha 1

-1 (read reason for edit)  i really dont understand what yall are talking about. If I had a way to delegate my enlisted into squads and give a trusted enlisted the lead then it would be much easier to organize attacks on objectives. Instead of just a shit show of everyone rushing in we would know who is in our squad and where they were instead of having to run within range of them to see when their name pops up. 

Soc factions use this effectively and i think it would be a great addition. 

To add to this so there is more control only give the permission to 1st Sgt + as an equivalent for all factions. These guys would be able to invite players into a squad that they create while people like WO+ can join any squad that they want.

Im not exactly sure if this is possible with this particular addon but if it is it would be really cool and add to the overall control a faction leader has over their men.

Example: A war leader disseminates info about where a faction will be attacking. The faction leader would then think of a plan of action and assign maybe 1, 2, or 3 squad leaders depending on number of people online. Then the squad leaders would follow the plan of action. 

It is true that this may extend the planning time required for peacetime but with over an hour that is possible. All of this could be done in less than 12 mins. 15 mins tops for newer people. 

In order to teach newer players about this system a new part will be added to training individuals. 

Reason for edit:  Reconsidered when explained how this addon works. This is a cool idea but it cant be accomplished with this addon.

Edited by Scotti
3 hours ago, Scotti said:

+1 i really dont understand what yall are talking about. If I had a way to delegate my enlisted into squads and give a trusted enlisted the lead then it would be much easier to organize attacks on objectives. Instead of just a shit show of everyone rushing in we would know who is in our squad and where they were instead of having to run within range of them to see when their name pops up. 

Soc factions use this effectively and i think it would be a great addition. 

To add to this so there is more control only give the permission to 1st Sgt + as an equivalent for all factions. These guys would be able to invite players into a squad that they create while people like WO+ can join any squad that they want.

Im not exactly sure if this is possible with this particular addon but if it is it would be really cool and add to the overall control a faction leader has over their men.

Example: A war leader disseminates info about where a faction will be attacking. The faction leader would then think of a plan of action and assign maybe 1, 2, or 3 squad leaders depending on number of people online. Then the squad leaders would follow the plan of action. 

It is true that this may extend the planning time required for peacetime but with over an hour that is possible. All of this could be done in less than 12 mins. 15 mins tops for newer people. 

In order to teach newer players about this system a new part will be added to training individuals. 

I get that you don't understand how squads work on GG because you've never been in one, but practically everything you're suggesting is not how it works. Squads aren't a thing anyone can make and invite their allies to, it's about 20 or so designated squads for every SOC faction, you have to be on the factions whitelist to join it. So the idea of only a certain rank being able to join/host them is bizarre seeing that the only thing that discerns a higher rank is your name.

• 300 IQ 1

-1 Squads are limited to SOC facs for a reason. While it may be nice to see who’s on your team at all times, it will only cause more harm than good. The FPS will significantly drop due to the amount of halos, as well as the amount of LUA errors that might pop up due to a few base facs disconnecting without leaving the squad. Anyhow, I see no need for this as radio and team speak exist for a reason.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, t3rr0r said:

I get that you don't understand how squads work on GG because you've never been in one, but practically everything you're suggesting is not how it works. Squads aren't a thing anyone can make and invite their allies to, it's about 20 or so designated squads for every SOC faction, you have to be on the factions whitelist to join it. So the idea of only a certain rank being able to join/host them is bizarre seeing that the only thing that discerns a higher rank is your name.

Shit something like this would be so cool to add. Since this isnt possible with the current addon ill retract my +1 since I have heard it will lower overall performance of the server as well.