DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

please add ths

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] add more prop limit this shit is annoying when we got to like 100+ people its 35 theres so many servers that kept there prop limit at 70+ i dont see why this server cant do that i want to printer grind but my good bases are around 40+ props so please fix this

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] people can print and do a lot of stuff like place dupes and shit and 35 is kinda stopping everyone

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]
Edited by Fatgood
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1

1+ No excuse not to increase the prop limit if the new server host isn't a downgrade

𝐞𝐗𝐠 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐞

𝐄𝐱-𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏-𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐

spacer.png

" I'm You "

• Disagree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

-1 it is easy to make a 35 prop base that is unraidable. I don't get why people need a higher limit. no offense just get good at base building. 

• Like 1
  • Cringe 2
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 2

its not about bases only its about everything to be fair

4 hours ago, Chawhead said:

-1 it is easy to make a 35 prop base that is unraidable. I don't get why people need a higher limit. no offense just get good at base building. 

• Disagree 1

!!! more props = more strain on server!!! 

-1 there have been multiple suggestions to add prop limit to vip or raise prop limit!!! and they ALL get denied no reason to add more prop limit!!! 35 is good!!! just pick if you wanna base or jus vibe out with a cool dupe !

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, Chawhead said:

As fatboy said it's not just about building bases its also incredibly hard to rp build with only 35 props

• Disagree 1
7 hours ago, Fatgood said:

its not about bases only its about everything to be fair

What's not fair? If you want higher prop limit get on in the morning after reset it's at like 75 pl and if your talking about unfair i think rpgs are more unfair then the prop limit.

4 hours ago, Someone_Somewhere said:

As fatboy said it's not just about building bases its also incredibly hard to rp build with only 35 props

What do you mean as a hobo/dj i can show you base dupes that are 35 or less for both of thoes. You just have to get creative not that hard. 

I've been with gg for a long time,  when i joined there was no prop limit hud. You had to guess what you were at. Ive never once had a problem with prop limit. To build a base,  hobo hut, or a dj booth you don't need anything more then what the pl is at relevant to the amount of players on at the time of game-play. If you want lessons on how to build just pm me i got you.

Edited by Chawhead

Neutral

On the one hand, I agree with @Chawhead that it's easy to make an 'un-raidable' base with just 35 props. In fact, most of my old dupes were built within this limit so I could paste them down anytime, low or high pop, without having to even think about it. During low-pop, I generally used the additional allowance for decoration. And of course the whole point of the limit is to protect the server performance.

On the other hand though, I wonder how today's server performance compares to that of yesteryear, when the limit was originally set? If the servers of today (and hosts of today) would allow for a small increase to the prop limit without any issues, I can't see why not? Sometimes I've needed just an extra few props to make the base perfect (not that it would truly matter, but just to be exactly as I planned) and so a suggestion of a small increase to the lower-limit, from 35 to 40 props, would be awesome providing the server would be just as stable.

As much as prop limit can be annoying, I don't want to imagine a server of like 70-90 players all being able to spawn in like 70 props each. Can't imagine even with great hardware that it's going to be especially fun to deal with all those entities. And as for the Hobo/DJ builds people are mentioning, if you're having trouble making something under 35 for Hobo or DJ that kind of is a skill issue.

• Agree 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The Garnut

The prop limit was literally raised less than a few months ago, by 5 for max pop, and 10-20 across the board.

As Plague mentioned, "if the server machine was truly an upgrade" or whatever. We quite literally implemented a DJ Radio which eats up 30% of our new overhead to performance, not to mention, the biggest hit by props is TO THE CLIENTS, and it reflects in lower FPS.

Just last month i believe @AlexConway asked me to add a package to the donation store that allows players to spawn in 10 more props, as a way to keep our community sustained with a higher income, and I declined that too, despite the overall hit being MUCH smaller.

Once our server is stable with new changes for some time, I may consider this suggestion.