DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Giygas - Moderator application

In-game name: Giygas

SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:31893908 (SteamID64: 76561198024053545)

Warns: None

Timezone: EST

Playtime?: 191:12:20

Do you have access to Discord and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): One did, but I don't remember who, and I also discussed applying with Merk and he said I could

Past experiences as staff: I've owned my own Gmod, TF2, TFC, and other servers in the past

Why should we choose you over other applicants?

As an applicant for the moderator position on your Garry's Mod DarkRP server, I bring a unique blend of experience and skills that make me an ideal candidate for the role. With a background in owning GMod servers, I possess an in-depth understanding of the intricacies of server management, player dynamics, and community building within the GMod community. This experience equips me with the knowledge and insight necessary to effectively moderate your server, ensuring a positive and enjoyable experience for all players.

Additionally, my role as a Team Lead in my day job where I audit phone calls has honed my ability to communicate effectively, resolve conflicts diplomatically, and enforce rules fairly and consistently. These skills are invaluable in a moderator position, where maintaining order, fostering a welcoming environment, and addressing issues promptly are paramount. My proven track record of leadership and attention to detail make me well-equipped to handle the responsibilities of a moderator and contribute positively to the growth and success of your DarkRP server.
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details - Yeah, I was telling someone that owned a server how I was trying to use an anticheat on my server and live stress testing the anticheat to make sure it worked, and I was added to a global ban list without any way to appeal it. The guy no longer maintains/updates the list.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Nope.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: As much as possible

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? Programming, webdesign, Dungeons and Dragons, listening to music, taking care of my family.

Did you read the staff rules?: Giygas

Edited by Giygas
Fixed title and removed \n to make it exactly like the template
  • DarkRP Management Team

Hey dude, thanks for taking the time to apply for a moderator position here at Garnet Gaming, your application looks good although, I think you would probably be better off adding a little more body to that section where it asks for two paragraphs. Also, go back and re-read those staff rules one more time, just in case you might have missed something!

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Merk said:

Hey dude, thanks for taking the time to apply for a moderator position here at Garnet Gaming, your application looks good although, I think you would probably be better off adding a little more body to that section where it asks for two paragraphs. Also, go back and re-read those staff rules one more time, just in case you might have missed something!

I re-read the rules, and added more body!

• DarkRP Administration Team

Merk and tad summed up everything I agree with but I also want to say I haven't seen you that much too. (But to be fair I got a weird time zone.)

EDIT CAUSE I FORGOT: Neutral

Edited by Danny_The_Dog
  • Informative 1

Thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: Everything should be fixed, other than not seeing me.

On 2/8/2024 at 10:58 PM, tadtad31 said:

staff rules -1 

also never seen you -1 

paragraphs -1

23 hours ago, Danny_The_Dog said:

Merk and tad summed up everything I agree with but I also want to say I haven't seen you that much too. (But to be fair I got a weird time zone.)

22 hours ago, Fatgood said:

-1 didint read rules

20 hours ago, MiliaE said:

-1 staff rules.

Edited by Giygas
  • DarkRP Administration Team

I've interacted with you a little in the game, and while at times it can be a bit annoying to talk to you since you often times play without sound, overall I think you're a solid dude. I'll run down what I think of this app.

Pros:

-Playtime

-No warns/minimal bans

-Paragraphs are short but say all they need to

Cons:

-Did not thorougly read the staff rules

As many have pointed out, staff rules were not something you keenly took a look at. You might want to take a look and update that soon. Neutral for now but rectify this and you could get my vote, because everything else in your app IMO is solid.

EDIT: Since you have fixed your app, I will give you a +1 now. Good luck, brother.

Edited by Errol
Changed my recommendation
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1
2 hours ago, Errol said:

I've interacted with you a little in the game, and while at times it can be a bit annoying to talk to you since you often times play without sound, overall I think you're a solid dude. I'll run down what I think of this app.

Pros:

-Playtime

-No warns/minimal bans

-Paragraphs are short but say all they need to

Cons:

-Did not thorougly read the staff rules

As many have pointed out, staff rules were not something you keenly took a look at. You might want to take a look and update that soon. Neutral for now but rectify this and you could get my vote, because everything else in your app IMO is solid.

I'm a bit confused at this point, I keep seeing staff rules being mentioned, but I'm not sure what I'm missing. I read the rules before I posted, and 3-4 times since I posted. I keep going over them, but I might just be overthinking it? Is it just the title? I updated a few things, let me know if I missed anything else.

Edited by Giygas
  • Community Director

You've fixed your application - but I think you can really show yourself during the interview stage. I'll give you a +1 and give you the opportunity to show yourself then!

• Like 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

zvjizvrkco.png
PENDING INTERVIEW

Thank you for your application. After deliberation with the Human Resources Team, we have decided to tentatively accept your application and advance you on to the interview stage.

Please ensure you have joined the Garnet DarkRP Discord. A link to the discord can be found at the top of the page on the Navigation Bar, or here.

Once in the Discord, please message anyone with the "HR Division" role, or any member of the Administration Team, with a few dates and times to coordinate your interview. Thank you again for the time and effort you put into your application. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Community responses may still be posted during this pending-interview period. Thank you.

• Like 1

zvjizvrkco.png
ACCEPTED

After deliberation with the DarkRP Administration Team and review of your Interview, we have decided to accept your Staff Application. We appreciate the effort you put into your application and look forward to having you on the staff team

Welcome back to the DarkRP Staff Team! We're looking forward to getting you trained and having you on board! 

Please do not use any commands/permissions until you have been trained, contact a member of HR for further instructions.