DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Allow hobos to collaborate for Megabases larger than 6x6x6.

Description: To allow hobos to build 6x6x6 plots together, without having to create an obvious separation of space as it is now. These would mean two 6x6x6 plots could be conglomerated into a single plot as a large structure.

ReasoningI understand (no I don't) why individual hobos shouldn't be allowed to build bigger than 6x6x6, one guy could take up the entire city block, but I see no reason why two different guys cannot connect 6x6x6 plots into larger bases. The rule is already barely enforced by 90% of the staff team, players almost never report it, and when it is done right it provides an awesome time for the community to feel they've made something. The last time I personally megabased with other hobos multiple players told me it was some of the most fun they'd had on Garnet in a while. Again, there's no reason to restrict fun for the sake of restricting fun. I get not letting the tunnels be one megastructure but If I want to build a hobo block with my boys at the beach then why shouldn't I? 

Additional Information: A rule being old does not make it a good rule.

• Like 1

+1

Making hobo towns has always been enjoyable and has heavily encouraged creativity and innovation which I'm onboard with. There should be some obvious rules that can be set in place to minimize this from being game breaking on the server. Overall, this would make being a hobo a lot of fun on the server.

• Like 2
  • DarkRP Administration Team

As long as it's away from vital areas of the map (i.e. tunnels) that should not be blocked or impeded, I'm generally for it. I saw some folks building a hobo community on the beach some weeks ago and it was kinda fun seeing what they were building. I only really had issues when they would fence off parts of the road (especially the ones using keypads I'm calling you out specifically) and required you to use a keypad or a button to enter or pass through the hobo city. I know some people hate the giant plate box builds and at times I can too, but I do enjoy a bit of creativity so long as it doesn't interrupt RP or break any serious rules.

+1

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...