DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

change to pm's

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum] I'm suggesting that pm's get a color in chat to highlight it so it stand out as a pm currently it looks like this Vr6qZczxNOaQ-gLXKGie-nWdZXQdRyCUR8w5b6GRdCdrI9iVd48gDYOhwqAEgNlvOodTsRPgSSr9UWbNM6W-oKabHeuGjCgUmRyKJXA6AF9I9ZWTBqnK3i9-4ah8VDjrCPSo0cHzXxQO0umAEViw4gs
and in the chaos of chat these can be passed over ignored or just not seen as it looks just like an ooc message or plane chat message 

Im suggesting that its given a color so the message would be in all one color like an advert is yellow make the pm's blue or red so they can be seen easier by the recipient 

since adverts are already colored and you can color a message in console I assume this wont be too hard to implement but idk i don't code. 

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] this would make communication between members easier and more noticeable among the chaos that is chat 

Additional Information: I already have the screenshot above you want more well i don't have anymore so sorry your out of luck 

• Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Good QoL idea. It's pretty easy to miss a PM if you're not paying attention, even if you just added extra text it'd work. Personally I'd rather the [PM] indicator be a different colour but anything would be better than its current state tbh.

+1

+1

We already have different colors for other types of messages (/advert, /broadcast), so It wouldn't hurt to add another color to differentiate PMs from normal messages.

I wouldn't pick green, as that could conflict with the color of Staff Chat, but perhaps a nice red or maybe even purple... 

Perhaps this could be extended to affect the less-used but still applicable /g command for PD. A nice blue would work well for that, I think.