No Auto Hits On Hobos

Description: Remove the hits, or make it rare for the job of Hobos and maybe Hobo Lord from getting a hit placed on them without a player putting the hit on them

Reasoning: I love being a hobo, but when I'm just building or passively being homeless, I hate being killed by a hitman just because the server says so, not because I did anything to deserve a hit being placed on me. What do I do when I die? I wait around for NLR to be up, and go back to building for another short time before another hit is completed on me, and repeat. Whats the RP reason for "The mob boss" just deciding to kill a random homeless guy?

If not removing the feature, at least make it very rare to have a random hit on a hobo? Maybe more likely for a Hobo Lord?

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, raqi said:

+1 in a rp scenario there is no reason for a homeless person to get hits on them lol.

You sure about that anyway 

-1 half of the server is hobos and I ain’t waiting just to get someone who is afk in a base while I can just go and kill a hobo even tho it does make sense not to get hits in them the server is full of hobos 

• Agree 1
6 hours ago, Fat Good BOI said:

You sure about that anyway 

-1 half of the server is hobos and I ain’t waiting just to get someone who is afk in a base while I can just go and kill a hobo even tho it does make sense not to get hits in them the server is full of hobos 

I don't think hobos have a real way to defend themselves, no keypad, can only build outside, nothing larger than a pistol, knives require one to be up close to the person. You could always team up with people and raid someone you have a hit on. Everyone else has much more powerful guns, and ones that can even one-hit. It's definitely not a fair fight against a hobo.

Nobody should be safe from random auto-hits. Removing the possibility for Hobos to be targeted randomly can remove a large % of the server. Hobos are one of the easier targets, as well. God forbid you get someone who's been sitting in their Industrial base farming printers for the past 4 hours. Keep Hobos as a target.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, WohMi said:

Nobody should be safe from random auto-hits. Removing the possibility for Hobos to be targeted randomly can remove a large % of the server. Hobos are one of the easier targets, as well. God forbid you get someone who's been sitting in their Industrial base farming printers for the past 4 hours. Keep Hobos as a target.

If you need an easier target because you can't be bothered to raid someone, seems like hobos aren't the issue? Maybe skill is? Not dissing or anything, this goes for all hitmen/assassins. Just saying!

It just seems like hobos having hits on them automatically is just a reason to RDM them just because, not for any actual RP reason.

22 minutes ago, Giygas said:

If you need an easier target because you can't be bothered to raid someone, seems like hobos aren't the issue? Maybe skill is? Not dissing or anything, this goes for all hitmen/assassins. Just saying!

It just seems like hobos having hits on them automatically is just a reason to RDM them just because, not for any actual RP reason.

Nah, as someone who bases in industrial with printers for 4 hours -- Not a single hitman/assassin will even make it through the first door of our base. 
Removing automatic hits from hobos would just make the job boring again when nobody is placing hits

1 hour ago, Aury said:

Nah, as someone who bases in industrial with printers for 4 hours -- Not a single hitman/assassin will even make it through the first door of our base. 
Removing automatic hits from hobos would just make the job boring again when nobody is placing hits

Hobos are the only non-basing job that hitmen will go out of their way to target? Sounds like a problem with the hitman job itself, if so. Maybe cut the reward for completing hits on hobos because of them not being all that high profile of a target compared to like, the mayor?

I just don’t think it’s a big deal that we’re arguing back-and-forth over it that a random hit on a hobo happens, like what’s the big deal? 

-1 just seems like a waste of time. If you wanna add maybe a cool down for when a  random hit goes to a hobo then sure ig? But the way some people hobo is just to be a nuisance and be annoying, so why not allow them to be killed by a hitman? It’s a role-play scenario, so I don’t know why someone said it doesn’t make sense in a role-play scenario?  

For the multiple years plus over 5000 hours playing darkrp I don’t think hobos care too much about getting killed by hitman.

Honestly, though, let’s stop babying the players. 

Also, hobos could get killed and rdmed by anyone and I would say that happens more frequently than a random hit on a hobo? So what should we add a massive damage reduction for hobos? Should we give them god mode?  Why the need to baby the players? Is there a noticeable decline in the population because hobos are leaving because of a random hit? Hell, if you ask me, I don’t care if I’m a hobo, and I get a placed hit me 

• Agree 3
  • DarkRP Administration Team

Everyone should be a valid hit target. And yes despite the kind of snarky way you put it towards WohMi, most hitmen avoid attacking the big bases if there's a hit on them, the pay is not worth it most of the time. No sense restricting the Hitman/Assassin just because Hobos might be easier targets than the people walled up in Fort Knox. If a Hitman killing you is enough to drive you away, I don't know if that's more of a skill issue in all honesty.

• Informative 1
1 hour ago, Errol said:

Everyone should be a valid hit target. And yes despite the kind of snarky way you put it towards WohMi, most hitmen avoid attacking the big bases if there's a hit on them, the pay is not worth it most of the time. No sense restricting the Hitman/Assassin just because Hobos might be easier targets than the people walled up in Fort Knox. If a Hitman killing you is enough to drive you away, I don't know if that's more of a skill issue in all honesty.

Would there be a way to make some targets a higher value that hobos? Make it so that hobos aren't really worth much?

• DarkRP Administration Team

I don't really see a problem with auto-hits on hobos. In RP terms, perhaps the mob boss wants to rid the streets of homeless who are turning customers away from his restaurant, if the restaurant ain't busy, how's the boss supposed to launder all his money through it? The feds will smell something fishy with a highly profitable business that never has any customers, and that ain't the sort of attention the boss needs.

I think overall, removing the hobo only serves to set a precedent for other classes. I mean what did the citizen do to deserve a hit? Or the chef? I think the same argument could be used in many cases, and it would ultimately mean that very few classes are 'deserving' of a hit. These auto-hits help keep the hitman engaged, so when a player comes to actually place a hit, there's someone around to take it on.

• Informative 1
  • 1 month later...