DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

No Auto Hits On Hobos

11 hours ago, Omnipotent said:

Everyone -1'ing this should also then agree hobos should have larger weapons. If we can be attacked just like any other class let me hold a damn rifle.

nah, sorry to disappoint brother. Hobos should not have a larger weapons. There hobos

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

How often are auto-hits even placed on the same person? Once every several hours at most? Seems fairly inconsequential, and I don't see any justification for why hobos would get special treatment.

Edited by UrdnotWrex
3 hours ago, IAreGunner said:

nah, sorry to disappoint brother. Hobos should not have a larger weapons. There hobos

Annnd?

Are their arms so weak they couldn't have stolen one? We should then also restrict automatic rifles to the police and distinct classes/jobs, since the average man couldn't hope to afford one. Same excuse for hobos not getting rifles. Doesn't make sense and I don't get all the pushback. Lvl 1 citizens can have an RPG if they want but hobos are to weak to hold a rifle.

4 hours ago, IAreGunner said:

Hobos should not have a larger weapons. There hobos

Well, technically that assumes that homeless people cannot somehow obtain access to rifles. In fact, there are articles online about homeless people selling illegally obtained rifles and other assorted firearms to people.

Just take a couple of these for example:

https://okcfox.com/news/nation-world/100k-in-stolen-guns-tools-found-in-underground-homeless-encampment-san-jose-california-theft-thief-equipment-hidden-bunker-coyote-creek-wool-creek-drive-suspects-arrested-charges

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/man-sold-two-rifles-to-boy-in-philly/145108/

Would it be uncommon for a homeless person to be brandishing a rifle versus a knife or a little handgun? Heck yea, but it doesn't mean it can't happen. Homelessness can be associated with various things, one of those things being a dumb broke criminal that recently got out of jail. People are and can become desperate in times of need. The whole "hobo's not having anything larger then a pistol or a knife" is stupid. It serves almost nothing. Hobo's can't raid, they can't commit crimes so why restrain them anymore then necessary?

4 hours ago, UrdnotWrex said:

How often are auto-hits even placed on the same person? Once every several hours at most? Seems fairly inconsequential, and I don't see any justification for why hobos would get special treatment.

Its not the fact of how often it is. What mafia gang would put a hit on some random homeless person? Make sense to you? Didn't think so.

50 minutes ago, HtmlRoot said:

Well, technically that assumes that homeless people cannot somehow obtain access to rifles. In fact, there are articles online about homeless people selling illegally obtained rifles and other assorted firearms to people.

Just take a couple of these for example:

https://okcfox.com/news/nation-world/100k-in-stolen-guns-tools-found-in-underground-homeless-encampment-san-jose-california-theft-thief-equipment-hidden-bunker-coyote-creek-wool-creek-drive-suspects-arrested-charges

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/national-international/man-sold-two-rifles-to-boy-in-philly/145108/

Would it be uncommon for a homeless person to be brandishing a rifle versus a knife or a little handgun? Heck yea, but it doesn't mean it can't happen. Homelessness can be associated with various things, one of those things being a dumb broke criminal that recently got out of jail. People are and can become desperate in times of need. The whole "hobo's not having anything larger then a pistol or a knife" is stupid. It serves almost nothing. Hobo's can't raid, they can't commit crimes so why restrain them anymore then necessary?

Its not the fact of how often it is. What mafia gang would put a hit on some random homeless person? Make sense to you? Didn't think so.

this is gmod, not real life, i aint lookin at those articles

• Cringe 2
  • Haha 1
9 minutes ago, IAreGunner said:

Would you happen to be reluctant to look at the articles cause it might disprove your flawed logic? Either way it proves my point that it makes zero sense in roleplay for homeless people not to somehow have access to bigger weapons.

39 minutes ago, IAreGunner said:

So your reasoning is based in what then? What gmod related reason do you have, other than being contrarian?

• 2 weeks later...
  • DarkRP Management Team

Denied

A hobo's whole existence revolves around annoying people and getting in the way, I would hardly expect them not to irritate the mob boss into placing hits on hobos to get them out of the way. Maybe they know too much? Bottom line is, I don't see this as a necessary change and the community feedback here seems to concur with this idea.

Thank you for the time & effort you put into your suggestion!

• Merk locked this topic