SteamID: STEAM_0:1:87859036

Active Warns: N/A

Timezone: PST

Current Playtime: 333:40:33

Do you have access to Discord and a microphone?: [YES]

Are you a member of the Garnet Gaming DarkRP Discord?: [YES]

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES]

Referral(s): BusterBigNut

Past experiences as staff: In early 2017 I had staffed a since-defunct Jailbreak/TTT server network (SkyZ) of several years, whereas I achieved the highest possible position for someone under the age of eighteen, being superadministrator. Our server was operated under ULX and TeamSpeak, though I have since found out that the DarkRP server does not use ULX. Our position ranking was similar to that of most Garry’s Mod servers, especially those of the past, where there was a trial position that then escalated to moderative positions with enforceable commands, followed by administrator, superadministrator, and a superior administrative position that was under the banner of S. Admin who acted as the Manager of our server. Altogether, it took a couple years to reach the position that I held because our Jailbreak server was (at the time) the most populated of its kind, and they acted selectively - in time the network depreciated in players, and eventually it was no longer economical to support the servers, especially as Jailbreak was becoming an archaic gamemode, and so we were shut down in early 2021. I had not since played Garry’s Mod seriously until joining this DarkRP server.  

Why should we choose you over other applicants?: There is no explicit reason as to why I am deserving of this position, as I’m just another player of this server who follows the rules and engages with all those who will listen, though of that I am sure that I stand out amongst a crowd. I do not play this game the same way that others might; I do not base, I do not print money, I do not buy guns. I very, very much enjoy building and manipulating props because the physics of this game are so intricately woven for a Source Engine relic. I had taught some people on this server constructive techniques (building bases, fading doors, one way doors, one way props, gear manipulation, clipping methods) and general server properties (quickwant and unwant, inventory swep commands, door ownership and management, prop-binding) and I redeem a lot of gratitude because of the sort of help I offer people. I like to do that. On the contrary, I do not like to use the report prompts because I just never felt the reward of “justice” is served appropriately on plenty of Garry’s Mod servers, and I would like to be a part of changing that. There are moderators of all kinds, in all servers take their position serious - as serious as one should for a labored, volunteer position - though I tend to disagree with the approach that many of them emphasize. I do not believe that these people consider what they act as when they moderate the behaivor of people. They are purposed to create a community that is fair, just, enjoyable, and restored. Punishing people with the blanket forwarding to a series of pop-ups or extensive statements does not always work. Players do not read rules on Garry’s Mod, and I hope that this is not a controversial statement. It is of the upmost importance to corect these people’s actions in an effort to consolidate confusion and relieve the stress of being reprimanded while avoiding the direct, frankly boring, lecture that one can read from an online chatbox. It is not fun to the player, and it is not fun to the moderator to treat this act as a grueling appointment that you want to avoid. Both play to pleasure on their own volition. As if this is relevant, but I am an educative instructor for fellow students of mine as my local college, and this is the sort of behaivor we preserve and channel when we have to bring about a consideration for themselves and realization and acceptance of their faults while not feeling like they are threatened of their standing. I want to be a teacher first, punisher second. Most people join our server with the intention to play, and if we treat them fairly, just, and personably, they hopefully will stay. I want to be the reason that they stay. 

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I may have been punished several years ago when I was still an administrator in my previous community, but I have only one experience on GarnetGaming of recent memory. In late November, about the time that I began to play this game again, I had reinstalled Garry’s Mod in a sort of manic episode because of the loss of my relationship with my best friend, and as a method of coping with her absense I decided to join Garry’s Mod servers like this one to prop-block, minge, and otherwise troll everyone I came across because I received a quick hit of glee at the expense of genuine players. Many of the regular minging players I had trolled with were banned in weeks, and my time had come one night when I was pulled into a sit by a certain staff member who I very much disliked because of his nack for the rules. I found a little fight club in the warehouse building under the city in the sewers that was offering $25,000 to whoever wins the brawl. I had come in second place, and the player that I killed for that spot reported me. Because of the theme of the event with no written or verbal cues, I was being accused of Mass RDM and I had no method of defending myself realistically without recordings, which I did not use. I started to get incredibly rageful and I reported the moderator who had me in his sit. The one that took the report settled it immediately, and I knew that my ban was coming and it was then I realized how much I really do like playing this game, and especially with these people. I pleaded with him to just jail me for as many people as I killed, have it be three or thirty, I would accept a jail time of two hours if I needed to to avoid being banned. He accepted my request, and I waited in jail for 15 minutes. Once I got out, I logged off immediately and thought long and hard about abandoning the server in its entirety - but I didn’t. I love this place too goddamn much, and the people that I meet every single day I join are only more motivators to keep joining as my genuine escape from my troubles. I wouldn’t want to go anywhere else. 

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have not. 

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I am a full-time university student and act as an assistant researcher to my science department, though because these two are intertwined as the same campus, once the day is over I am homebound for the entire night. I do prioritize my school, work, and relationships more than video games (understandbly) but I still spend almost every hour of my leisure on this server. Usually I am caught on the really late/early hours of the morning.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?: As mentioned, I am a university student studying zoology and education as a double major, and practice home chemistry, exotic animal breeding (think reptiles, fish, etc.), language learning (I speak English and Portuguese fluently, currently am learning Spanish), and some other smaller interests like fishing, futebol, rugby, science and technology broadly, and a few artistic and outdoorsy communities like digital art, music creation, comedy and poetry, as well as rock diving - where I live is has very steep oceanside cliffs, it’s pretty sick. 

Did you read the staff rules?: fuqbichz4richz

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

confirming referral

+playtime

+paragraphs

+read the rules

I've seen him on a bunch and he's always been great to play with. Would love to see him on the team.

+1 from me

+1 respectable player in game, has prior staff experience, playtime good, i always see him on. Paragraphs are good! 

+1

+ Playtime

+ Great Paragraphs

+ Past Experience

I never met you before but you seem like a great dude and this application is wonderful, the paragraphs, experience, etc. I hope to see you on the staff team, Good luck homie!

+1

12 hours ago, fb4r said:

I am an educative instructor for fellow students of mine as my local college, and this is the sort of behaivor we preserve and channel when we have to bring about a consideration for themselves and realization and acceptance of their faults while not feeling like they are threatened of their standing. I want to be a teacher first, punisher second. Most people join our server with the intention to play, and if we treat them fairly, just, and personably, they hopefully will stay. I want to be the reason that they stay. 

Out of all the reasons that people want to join the staff team, this to me is among the best and most respectable! I couldn't have said it better either.

12 hours ago, fb4r said:

I had reinstalled Garry’s Mod in a sort of manic episode because of the loss of my relationship with my best friend, and as a method of coping with her absense I decided to join Garry’s Mod servers like this one to prop-block, minge, and otherwise troll everyone I came across because I received a quick hit of glee at the expense of genuine players.

However this is concerning, but I'm glad you've been up-front and honest about it. You'd be surprised how many people join the server to minge, and end up regretting their decision and wanting to stick around. Often, the person who gets hurt the most by minging is in-fact the person minging - getting banned from servers for weeks at a time is quite a hefty price to pay for 5 mins of 'fun'. As this was some time ago now, I don't think it's worth saying much more, and you've demonstrated self-reflection which is a positive.

It's great to see that you have previous staffing experience, and it's awesome that you managed to climb the ranks quite quickly! That experience will certainly serve you well. You have good hours too, and so overall I like the reasons that you have given for wanting to join the team and I think you could certainly do a decent job. I wish you the best of luck!

• Informative 1
  • DarkRP Management Team

zvjizvrkco.png

PENDING INTERVIEW

Thank you for your application. After deliberation with the Human Resources Team, we have decided to tentatively accept your application and advance you on to the interview stage. Please ensure you have joined the Garnet Gaming DarkRP Discord Server. A link to the discord can be found at the top of the page on the Navigation Bar, or here.

Once in the Discord, please message anyone with the "HR Division" role, or any member of the Administration Team, with a few dates and times to coordinate your interview.
Thank you again for the time and effort you put into your application. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Community responses may still be posted during this time, thank you!

Definitely seen you a lot the past while building all sorts of cool wall murals and flags, and you're a pretty cool and respectable guy. Your application is very well done and I think your experience in teaching (even in an assistant position) is very valuable in what we do here since at its core, staff are here to deal with people and their problems. Knowing you for all the time I've seen you, I have good confidence in your abilities.

Rooting for you!

+1

• DarkRP Management Team

zvjizvrkco.png
ACCEPTED

After deliberation with the Darkrp Administration Team, we have decided to accept your Staff Application. You have been nothing but respectful to the staff team and the HR members who have worked with you so far, your attitude is phenomenal and your motives seem genuine. I have enjoyed every interaction I've had with you so far, personally; I look forward to seeing what you can do as a staff member.

spacer.png

Welcome to the Darkrp Staff Team! We're looking forward to getting you trained and having you on board! 

Please do not use any commands/permissions until you have been trained, contact any HR member for training!