Reorganization of jobs and other improvements MEGATHREAD

Description: Recategorize the jobs, for example, have a:
Neutral category with things like Citizen, Parkourist, Deliveryman, Cinema Owner, Hobo, Hobo Lord, Pianist, Garbage Man, DJ, Club Owner, Hotel Manager, Medic, Doctor, and Blind Guy

Defensive category with things like Protective Drone, Mercenary, Club Bouncer, Pet, and Security Guard

Dealing category: Split the gun dealers down into Small Arms Dealer and Large Arms Dealer for each Import and Export, and then have ones that can sell both small and large, and level them accordingly (for balance purposes, allowing lower levels to only sell smaller guns may help cut down on self-supplying), add Chef and Bartender to the dealing category

Keep the Criminal category mostly the same, de-level Crack Manufacturer to below Meth Manufacturer, because meth is more profitable and gives more XP. Add Prostitute, Pimp, and Covid Spreader to criminals, make spreading covid, selling sex and whatever the pimp does illegal by default

Law Enforcement category stays mostly the same, add Bounty Hunter to the category and allow them to, and encourage them to arrest as well, instead of just killing

Reasoning: More balance, easier to find jobs that you're looking for by category. Selling sex, spreading covid, and pimping should be illegal.

Edited by Giygas

neutral

+Some of this idea seems cool but not super necessary

-having club owner and club bouncer in different categories seems strange

bounty hunter being able to arrest for bounties is an interesting idea although I imagine I may be hard to implement without a major change to the bounty system

• The Garnut

In all honesty, the majority of this post seems redundant. What would be useful is to add ABC categorization or Level based categorization to the F4 menu, in my opinion.

• Agree 2
6 minutes ago, Nutter said:

In all honesty, the majority of this post seems redundant. What would be useful is to add ABC categorization or Level based categorization to the F4 menu, in my opinion.

Why not the category thing I suggested, and put them in level order? Both make sense together! Purely alphabetical alone or by level alone would make it hard to sift through. Why not A/B/C test the options and see which people prefer, vs is easier, using analytic data?

• Disagree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team
Posted (edited)

Neutral

I think Nutter has summarised my position on this:

14 hours ago, Nutter said:

I'm in favour of all of the jobs being sorted alphabetically, as this would of course be very helpful when finding a job.

However with the categorisation of the jobs, I don't see a big reason to change them as they stand, they are intuitive and in-line with the majority of other DarkRP servers. A 'Dealer Category' sometimes exists separately, and I don't mind if that is added, but it would also work just as well under the 'Citizen Category' as a gun dealer is still a citizen. I don't see a need for a defensive category, because a bouncer is still a citizen, and so is a security guard.

Edited by ChrisRid
On 3/13/2024 at 3:51 PM, Nutter said:

Someone already made a suggestion about this. (pls add its so annoying finding a specific job sometimes)