Require that Police jobs must advert raid during warrants/misc police rule changes

Description: Police don't have to notify anyone in any way shape or form that they have warranted someone's base and do any sort of advert when executing a police raid. I believe that a police raid is no different then a normal base raid, other then the fact that police cannot keep printers, and MUST destroy them upon encountering one. Police raids can be falsified, and have ruined good farming runs on several occassions. I also believe police should only be allowed to use the battering ram on keypad linked doors, and not quickdoors.

Reasoning: I believe requiring an advert of sorts would help make people more actively aware to such scenarios. I also believe that it would make it fair, as any other criminal/job that can raid has to advert meanwhile police don't have to. Not every warrant is a "no knock" warrant IRL, and it should be no different in DarkRP.

Additional Information: None.

Edited by HtmlRoot
added a lil bit.
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
  • Disagree 2

This Is Gmod Darkrp, Not IRL -1, Cops Adverting Raid just seems dumb to me.

Also 100% not a fan of the quickdoor thing. Just stack a prop or 2? or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or 10. Its your issue if you can't manage Ur props correctly.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1

-1 What @IAreGunner said. it's on you to ensure your quickdoor is reinforced or protected from battering rams.

As for annoucing raid, I don't see what value it adds imo. it just adds more work and red tape to an already well defined role where you already need proof to execute a warrant. The /warrant command already announces the equivalent of "raid" when it pops up on screen, and gives a reason for the warrant. What more is needed?

• Informative 1
1 minute ago, tadtad31 said:

if you cannot see a message this big in the middle of your screen that's your fault and maby you need glasses.

ok on a series note you are given notification. to address other points you made " also believe police should only be allowed to use the battering ram on keypad linked doors, and not quickdoors." just don't have a quick door? or triple stack it so its battering ram proof.

"Not every warrant is a "no knock" warrant IRL, and it should be no different in DarkRP." If you were printing money and or cooking meth you think the police would knock no so very realistic.

"Police don't have to notify anyone in any way shape or form that they have warranted someone's base and do any sort of advert when executing a police raid." refer to second line for why this is dumb.

"I believe that a police raid is no different then a normal base raid," a police raid is not an illegal act like a mugging or raid therefore doesn't have to be adverted also I use a battering ram not a keypad cracker aka a legal item I used to seize illegal assets 

" Police raids can be falsified, and have ruined good farming runs on several occasions." 2 things for this one 1. womp womp cry me a river and build a bridge so you can get over it. 2. make a report and or shoot the guy if they are false raiding then there what level 4 just hit them in  the head with a d-lore.

I've deconstructed all your argument's no go farm your printers so i can warrant you as a cop and win. Seethe and mald about "I lost my printers to a cop false warranting," just get better someone move this shit to denied because it useless.

I would appreciate if you would tone down the attitude buddy. Everyone else here is being constructive and friendly while at that. You've marvelously wasted time refuting each of my claims when everyone else has already elaborated clearly enough that it is not a good suggestion.

There was no need for the use of "seethe and mald." In a -1 reply to a suggestion.

Thank you everyone else for your informative input.

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 3

Let's be honest, the /advert raid already doesn't tell you anything. Its server wide and doesn't serve as a real notification that you are being raided. Also as police, the idea of surprise helps a lot. It's a no from me Chief.

• DarkRP Administration Team

I think the system works fine the way it does. Ultimately on the screen it alerts you that a warrant is out for your arrest, that alone should be your heads up to get your gun ready to fight back. It's not as if they don't give you any warning whatsoever. Plus as Omni said I don't think it makes much of a difference to advert raid since /advert raid is not telling you anything. It sucks when a false warrant does occur, but as also mentioned by Gunner you can just multi-stack your props and it should be fine.