DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MAKE GLASS ROCKET PROOF AGAIN AND NERF ROCKETS

Description: glass used to make rockets useless against bases 

Reasoning: this would benefit your server because it will make it easier for newer players to play the game without getting obliterated within a second with rockets and it will make smaller bases none useless again because it makes it fair

• Disagree 1

I believe it can be further elaborated that glass still takes a significant amount of props to make an effective glass proof base, even in the smallest building. I remember I had a glass proof base that was like 50+ props with the glass included. By re adding this, you are opening up further ingenuity and creativity in base building, as well as a new meta to the whole RPG usage game. I don't believe its wrong to say we should re-add it, as even if it was implemented partially to what it used to be, it would help new players tackle RPG spammers who don't even damage their party mates while they key crack into your base.

However I don't believe nerfing RPG's is a solution, as readding the glass effect already nerfs them enough.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

This is two suggestions in one. I'd recommend splitting it up or reposting it all together.

Neutral on rocket proofing glass. I don't really see a reason why this should exist over nerfing rockets. I'm indifferent either way.

Huge +1 to nerfing rockets (my preference is lower the AOE of it). The damage radius is absurd. It's way too easy to have collateral damage and accidental MRDM cases. Not to mention, it affects people who are basing near raided bases. If I'm in a base next door by the PD, I take damage to a PD raid. If someone shoots rockets in the tunnels and I'm in the warehouse base by the main town road, my printers get blown up and I get killed. Way too exploitable in my opinion.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • DarkRP Administration Team

An RPG is already not as good in giant bases, making glass completely rocket-proof would just make that even worse. I get that small bases are kinda useless since they can easily be taken to task by a few rockets, but ultimately I have no idea what would even be a good solution to this issue. You can't please everyone of course, but I'm not in the camp of thinking "make glass RPG-proof" is a good idea, especially if high-level players just use it too for their ADX Supermax base to be even stronger. At most I would be fine with the rocket splash damage being lowered since I do agree that its range is kind of insane when people outside can die from standing too close to a place being bombed.

-1 for rocket-proof glass, slight +1 to reducing rocket splash damage.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • 2 weeks later...

To yall saying reduce the rocket splash damage, it’s an RPG it’s supposed to be an AOE weapon. In my opinion if anything, bases are too difficult to breach in with the far away peaks and other constraints. These launchers are worth millions but they’re situational and extremely risky to pull off, hence why I would much rather nerf basing than launchers since they’re emblematic and a purchase lots of players look forward to when saving their IGM. 

• Disagree 1
11 hours ago, Vortex said:

To yall saying reduce the rocket splash damage, it’s an RPG it’s supposed to be an AOE weapon. In my opinion if anything, bases are too difficult to breach in with the far away peaks and other constraints. These launchers are worth millions but they’re situational and extremely risky to pull off, hence why I would much rather nerf basing than launchers since they’re emblematic and a purchase lots of players look forward to when saving their IGM. 

I have to strongly disagree. It's supposed to have AOE, sure, but the range on it can be wild. I tested an RPG from the sewers recently, and it can easily kill players and destroy printers on the surface. Same is true if you're basing next door to someone else getting raided (for example, the garage next to the PD)

https://streamable.com/a926ai

Altough I do agree with nerfing bases so that they're actually raidable if someone made that as a suggestion

• Disagree 1
3 hours ago, UrdnotWrex said:

have to strongly disagree. It's supposed to have AOE, sure, but the range on it can be wild. I tested an RPG from the sewers recently, and it can easily kill players and destroy printers on the surface. Same is true if you're basing next door to someone else getting raided (for example, the garage next to the PD)

It’s not supposed to destroy things or even deal damage trough world props, what you are referencing is simply a bug. RPG has always had the same blast radius and there’s no reason to change it now after so many years because some people can’t handle its utility to perform in raids.

You’re basically asking to nerf kill the only weapons worth getting from !cases. I won’t stand with that

• Disagree 1